• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Went to the training ground today and........

He came on but looked rather sluggish to me, whereas Kane had looked very sharp indeed.

Spurs:

Miles

Fredericks (Stewart 57), Capoue, Fryers, Smith

Lamela (McEvoy 57), Holtby, Veljkovic

Obika, Kane (Coulibaly 57), Chadli

Copied from the Juniors thread. Consensus is that it was a 4231 in the first half and 442 after the subs. Going by the video of the goals i'm inclined to say it flicked between a 4141/433, Obika certainly stayed central with Chadli wide left and Lamela popping up on the right but there were times there where the full back was providing a fair amount of width with Chadli and Lamela both operating centrally

Not sure if it is a sign of TS's plans but the way it looked to me from that clip was that Chadli was instructed to stay wide (like Lennon atm), whilst Kane and Lamela took up positions around Obika.

----------Obika---------
---Chadli---------Lamela
----------Kane----------

Those three did appear to rotate positions at times with Lamela getting his goal running from lowest point of that diamond. Kane also dropped deep with Holtby moving into his position and interchanging places with Lamela and Chadli. I know these lads are all senior players and this was likely a fitness/training exercise for them, but maybe it was a matter of Sherwood experimenting to find their best positions and make his mind up on a few things.

Very nice goal by Lamela. :) 6 goals by Obika, eh? And he's off on a loan - is there really any chance he'll ever be a first-team player?

Very nice goal by Lamela. :) 6 goals by Obika, eh? And he's off on a loan - is there really any chance he'll ever be a first-team player?

No. But a 3 month loan deal is long enough that if he performs we could get 500k or something. I think thats the general idea (seems to me anyway) is that when our youth players get to 21 and aren't deemed quite good enough to become regular first team squad members that we try and give them slightly longer loans to clubs which might want to sign them permamently if they impress. The 17/18 year olds just get released for free and picked up almost straight away by the lower league clubs however the older/ slightly better ones we seem to try and hang on to them more than we used to in order to try and get a fee from them E.g Dawkins

Back