• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Disappointing loss, should have buried them tbh if we'd kept things together. And I get the love-in for Ange's "go for it" style regardless, but the fact we kept such a damn high-line when the back line pace had been reduced, to at best, a sloths.

Has to be some flexibility when things go as bad as they did last night.

Disappointing loss, should have buried them tbh if we'd kept things together. And I get the love-in for Ange's "go for it" style regardless, but the fact we kept such a damn high-line when the back line pace had been reduced, to at best, a sloths.

You can look at it like that, or you could say a backs to the wall performance would have been far less entertaining, and could've ended in the same result anyway, but without the three chances we created to make it 2-2.

Disagree, we could have sat with 9 men behind the ball and still lost to a jammy deflection.

How many times have we complained as fans that we lose a game because we took our foot off the gas, sat back, Ange sent a message last night, no matter what the circumstance there is no excuse for not going forward.

Now is our moment to back this guy to the hilt, as fans, this is what we have always said, better to go down in glory going for it to the last minute/man than to whimper out as we have done so many times in last few years.

And thank fudge I have a manager I can be proud of again, that loses with some dignity and doesn't feel the need to deflect constantly and create narratives.

Disagree, we could have sat with 9 men behind the ball and still lost to a jammy deflection.

How many times have we complained as fans that we lose a game because we took our foot off the gas, sat back, Ange sent a message last night, no matter what the circumstance there is no excuse for not going forward.

Now is our moment to back this guy to the hilt, as fans, this is what we have always said, better to go down in glory going for it to the last minute/man than to whimper out as we have done so many times in last few years.

And thank fudge I have a manager I can be proud of again, that loses with some dignity and doesn't feel the need to deflect constantly and create narratives.

You can still back him but express reservations on his tactics in a particular situation.

I think the tactical approach when down to 9 men can be discussed. I don't think there's a one clear right answer.

Chances are that playing that long with 9 men you will concede chances and goals. We had some margins go our way for a while in that phase. But I don't think we conceded more chances than we would have playing a different way.

I'm very happy with the tactical approach during that phase.

The very best teams don’t flex
Admittedly the very best don’t have players do things as stupid as we did
But still….
Going deep is not always. Better than playing high . Ask Liverpool
They brought on more and more defenders and lost
We didn’t and could have had a draw with the chances we missed

What I would say is that playing that line against a good team coudl hurt more. Chelsea are technically really poor. An odd Cole room of inexperienced “potential” and some athletes. Palmer was the boy pen who played with any brains

If two reds, a penalty against and two of our best players getting injured is what it takes for us to lose at home to Chelsea then we're in a very strong position.

Thought Ange, the players and the fans responded brilliantly. Couldn't have asked for more.

There was always going to be set backs. I would have expected set backs where fewer things went wrong. That probably will also happen.

Onwards. With this attitude, with this style, with this class.
Hear hear.

Well said, we lost but i have nothing but pride in my team and especially Ange for the way we battled the way we did with 9 men.

Well said, we lost but i have nothing but pride in my team and especially Ange for the way we battled the way we did with 9 men.
I do wonder if there is a different perspective on these games if your there vs watching t jome

Being at the game your part do the collective and also act and react because of that. The fans yesterday were brilliant all things considered

Watching on TV is very different and the game can almost be spun on its head by the replays, angles and commentary

Just a thought

I do wonder if there is a different perspective on these games if your there vs watching t jome

Being at the game your part do the collective and also act and react because of that. The fans yesterday were brilliant all things considered

Watching on TV is very different and the game can almost be spun on its head by the replays, angles and commentary

Just a thought

Could not agree more, its a different game and feelings are a lot more instant from the stands.

Does make me laugh slightly. Anyone expecting more than a loss when down to 9 and blaming tactics are reaching IMO.

We were always likely to lose from that point, not really sure it's worth complaining about how that happened, especially when we had chances and pushed them so late.

And if we had've dropped deep we didn't really have the players for that either. Dier is the only CB, him and Royal are the only semi-decent headers out there so facing a lot of crosses wouldn't be ideal either. Porro drops a level if he's asked to defend in a low block.
If we had been able to have 5 CBs and a couple of good DMs then it probably would've been a better choice, with what we had almost certainly going to concede. Better to go down fighting and have an outside chance of winning it then just giving up.

Either way, we should be looking at the positives from the game and be proud of the players left on the pitch.

I don't think at any point I said I wasn't backing him nor not proud of him n the team last night, as said - we should have buried them.

But I do think when your CB options are unable, at top speed, to quickly catch an ailing pensioner on a zimmer frame - you need to have them a touch deeper than standard to give them a fighting chance of smelling the tinkle.

I don't want us sitting back etc, we've had too much of that recently, but I do believe you need to account for a players ability. And if they ain't speedy then you need to give them a hand.

Tbf, they managed fairly well for about 15-20mins.

I don't think at any point I said I wasn't backing him nor not proud of him n the team last night, as said - we should have buried them.

But I do think when your CB options are unable, at top speed, to quickly catch an ailing pensioner on a zimmer frame - you need to have them a touch deeper than standard to give them a fighting chance of smelling the tinkle.

I don't want us sitting back etc, we've had too much of that recently, but I do believe you need to account for a players ability. And if they ain't speedy then you need to give them a hand.

Tbf, they managed fairly well for about 15-20mins.
It was 2-1 until the 94th minute. It really should have been 2-2. We absolutely coped with it. We gave up chances, but that would have happened no matter what. So if that's what's going to happen, why would you give up on your principles and change your approach? What's the point?

Even at 1-1 with 9 men, I was so impressed with how well we kept the ball at times. There were some really nice moves, which all resulted in free kicks that led to major chances. We also saw how PEH, Dier and Royal cope in very different roles in strange circumstances and they coped very well.

We learnt so much more losing 4-1 playing this way than we would have if we got a 1-1 playing with 9 players in the box. Like Ange said after the Cup loss to Fulham, we're not just going to be looking at singular results -- we're looking at the progression of the team as we build something for next season and the season after. This is a long-term thing and fudge I was happy with what I saw from everyone bar Romero yesterday.

Back