• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

So replace them with someone worse, or nobody at all?

That’s textbook madness.

You try and replace them with someone better/more suited to how you play. Literally no point in sticking with someone who isn't out of fear of getting the next buy wrong. Worse case you replace a player not good enough with another player not good enough so you're in the same position.

6 players not even in the squad: Tanganga Rodon Sessegnion Spence Reguilon Ndombele

7 in the squad Davies Emerson Skipp Højbjerg Gil Forester Solomon

13 in total. And I'm sure people could add others to that list....it's gonna take a good few windows

6 players not even in the squad: Tanganga Rodon Sessegnion Spence Reguilon Ndombele

13 in total. And I'm sure people could add others to that list....it's gonna take a good few windows
Not allowed
Has to be done in 1

You try and replace them with someone better/more suited to how you play. Literally no point in sticking with someone who isn't out of fear of getting the next buy wrong. Worse case you replace a player not good enough with another player not good enough so you're in the same position.

I think you could be in a worse position. You have a longer contractual agreement with the new player.

Who may or may not be better
The alternative is keeping one who can’t do his job

you should have course change the job in the meantime

all I was originally saying is, its complicated, and if you undervalue what you have to clean house, you have less to rebuild

Its not complicated, you're making it complicated. Replace the players you don't want with the ones that you do - if you get enough of those decisions right you improve.
Based on the fact they've had transfer plans in place for months, I'd expect this to be the approach. 100%.

Its not complicated, you're making it complicated. Replace the players you don't want with the ones that you do - if you get enough of those decisions right you improve.

I don’t disagree with that, but then I never did.

I’m just saying it’s not easy, we have to find buyers, we have to balance the books and we have to put a team out.

Probably been mentioned here already but O'Keefe mentioned Ange would likely be bringing in some new coaching stuff. Seems probable as he kind of hinted at that in his 'Some haven't quite bought into the methods' stuff.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mason try and get a manager job somewhere this summer. Feels like the right time for him to sink or swim

1000033442.jpg

I don’t disagree with that, but then I never did.

I’m just saying it’s not easy, we have to find buyers, we have to balance the books and we have to put a team out.

You said it's often better to stick than to twist wrt players that are deemed surplus, with PEH being the example - that's just not correct in any way shape or form.

If management have decided a player is not the right fit then the sooner they are replaced the better.

You said it's often better to stick than to twist wrt players that are deemed surplus, with PEH being the example - that's just not correct in any way shape or form.

If management have decided a player is not the right fit then the sooner they are replaced the better.

PEH isn’t surplus imo, he’s involved in every game.

I agreed with your second sentence. With the caveat that the replacement is adequate.

You’ve cheered my up a bit. I genuinely thought we’d find it hard to make the moves we need. I’m glad to hear it’s going to be easy.

PEH isn’t surplus imo, he’s involved in every game.

I agreed with your second sentence. With the caveat that the replacement is adequate.

You’ve cheered my up a bit. I genuinely thought we’d find it hard to make the moves we need. I’m glad to hear it’s going to be easy.

I didn't say it was easy, just that it wasn't complicated - buying/scouting the right player is a minefield but if you know what you have isn't what you want then you look to improve.

Pretty much agree, although would like to see more of Solomon first and as HG Forster is useful as backup.

Controversially I would add Richy and Son to that list, not necessarily immediately but within next few windows. Richy just not trusted enough/good enough as a #9 and as much as I love Sonny he is on a downward trajectory and is not as effective as he once was. I think both could be improved on, but important to wait for the right players to be available rather then replacing for the sake of it.

Pretty much agree, although would like to see more of Solomon first and as HG Forster is useful as backup.

Controversially I would add Richy and Son to that list, not necessarily immediately but within next few windows. Richy just not trusted enough/good enough as a #9 and as much as I love Sonny he is on a downward trajectory and is not as effective as he once was. I think both could be improved on, but important to wait for the right players to be available rather then replacing for the sake of it.
Son only has a year left on his contract

The fans definitely influence the decision. I'd add AVB too.

Jose and Conte, we don't know exactly what went down, but if the crowd had been singing their love for them every week it wouldn't have gone the same way.

I don’t understand this argument that the fans are the ones to blame for the sackings of those managers. To be clear I’m not digging at you as you’ve only said they influenced the decision, but there seems to be this strange idea that the fans were all chanting for the likes of Conte and Jose to go when that is just not the case. If Levy wanted to keep those managers but didn’t want to upset the fans well then that just doesn’t compute with this strong, hard nosed, take no brick, always bend other teams over and make them play by HIS RULES image that is projected of him on here. It makes him look weak. For the record, I disagree that fans influenced his decision. And I don’t agree that it’s the fans who are to blame for managers getting sack when Levy is actually the one pulling the trigger.

Back