• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

We are but that's the point of the tweet, we shouldn't allow it to detract from what ange is doing year one and jump on his back because of inflated expectations. In part those exist because of how well he has done.

Yes.

But we have the burden of history, it’s new for Ange but we have the baggage of decades of frustration.

-
Yeah, but it’s also a season in which the PL quality is brick.

City are there for the taking, we are missing another opportunity.
I'd rather us chase and over take on the last couple of games than do what arsenal did last season.
A long way to go and although I don't think we will win the league I'm not counting us out yet.

Yeah, but it’s also a season in which the PL quality is brick.

City are there for the taking, we are missing another opportunity.
They are but, be fair, it's Ange's first season, he has a crazy absentee list and he's embedding a new system. The squad is also incomplete and we lost the best striker in the world. It's too soon. If anyone had said at the start of the season that we'd be winning the league, they'd have been laughed out of court. In fact, top 4 was considered well out of reach by most fans. If City are there to be taken, it's the likes of Woolwich and The Dippers who will feel most like it's an opportunity for them.

They are but, be fair, it's Ange's first season, he has a crazy absentee list and he's embedding a new system. The squad is also incomplete and we lost the best striker in the world. It's too soon. If anyone had said at the start of the season that we'd be winning the league, they'd have been laughed out of court. In fact, top 4 was considered well out of reach by most fans. If City are there to be taken, it's the likes of Woolwich and The Dippers who will feel most like it's an opportunity for them.

all true, fair points, but the way things have gone, had we not had so many moments of incompetence we'd be ten points clear, its the little things, I feel every point we throw away

What happened to our patience? I am astonished at the posts lampooning Ange and his style. He has lost key players especially in defence. He has done far better than anticipated at Spurs. People were predicting we wouldn't even be in the European places. Yet here we are in top 6. It is not even up to 6 months he took over Spurs. Get a hold of yourselves. This isn't FIFA or FM!

What happened to our patience? I am astonished at the posts lampooning Ange and his style. He has lost key players especially in defence. He has done far better than anticipated at Spurs. People were predicting we wouldn't even be in the European places. Yet here we are in top 6. It is not even up to 6 months he took over Spurs. Get a hold of yourselves. This isn't FIFA or FM!
100% this.

Amen to that.

Do yourself a favour, and block the mood hoovers.

Top 5 in the table and joint top 3 in goals for, equalling the current leader Liverpool.

I don't think anyone can criticize Ange's overall impact. That said i feel Ange is making a mistake in not allowing Son and Kulu to cut in and shoot from outside the penalty box, but I'm sure Ange has his reasons.

1704013389703.png

Just ignore mate. We are in stage one of a new project where the manager is embracing the challenge despite the issues he faces. I'm all in on it and going to enjoy the journey and where it takes us. Come the start of next season this team is going to be unrecognisable by personnel, we will see the real Ange Spurs and it will be great given on what I've seen so far. Of that I have no doubt

On the touchline scrap towards the end of the game: "We all just came together to wish each a Happy New Year mate and make some resolutions."

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for fans of other clubs to see us having such a likeable manager in charge, I bet it's hard not to love him.

he's doing great, but there is context

if I was a City fan, I'd be furious with having so few points at this stage of the season, if I was an arsenal fan I'd be fed up with the constant bottling

both Pep and Arteta should be in the hot seat right now

Couldn't care what they would say. We are operating way above what we should be given our first teams currently worse than last seasons and without Kane to add the Cherry.

Blokes working miracles and doing so whilst keeping a positive outlook and with an end goal.in mind.

Back