• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welbeck

Welbeck could be very good for us imo. He's strong, athletic and has decent stamina, he would fit in with the #9 mould Poch wants. The question is, would he kick on from where he currently is?

Never seen what others see in him, to me, he is a great example of why United will struggle, him, young, smalling, etc. not good enough

That's correct, but that's why bargain transfers (like Sturridge to Liverpool) happen.

Does anybody think Welbeck would do worse for us than Soldado has thus far?

Right now or last season?

Right now, we are better off with Soldado, he links well with Eriksen/Lamela, potentially could push on.

I just don't see the upside with Wellbeck, I think where he is, is what you get.

Right now, we are better off with Soldado, he links well with Eriksen/Lamela, potentially could push on.

I just don't see the upside with Wellbeck, I think where he is, is what you get.

People were saying the same of Daniel Sturridge before he moved to Liverpool at a similar age.

People were saying the same of Daniel Sturridge before he moved to Liverpool at a similar age.

Not really; People could always see Sturridge had ability, but it was his attitude that made people wary.
It's the opposite with Welbeck: no-one would question his attitude but many wonder about how much ability he has.

I'm on the fence on this one...

Not really; People could always see Sturridge had ability, but it was his attitude that made people wary.
It's the opposite with Welbeck: no-one would question his attitude but many wonder about how much ability he has.

As I remember it, the majority of people who expressed an opinion on Sturridge had no more regard for his ability than for his attitude.

Think I'm right there with you. Ability wise, I've gotten the impression when watching him that he's below guys like Lambert, Mirallas, and Podolski.

This

So you don't see an upside with 23 year old Wellbeck who has already shown some impressive performances in the PL, but you do see an upside with 29 year old Soldado who has yet to have one good game in the PL?

That's correct, but that's why bargain transfers (like Sturridge to Liverpool) happen.

Does anybody think Welbeck would do worse for us than Soldado has thus far?

Having another person do as badly as Soldado has done so far isn't going to improve us no matter whether it is at a 'bargain' price or not. Bizarre argument.

Just because it came good for Sturridge (who did really well on loan at Bolton etc so had form (8 in 12 vs 8 in 34 for Welbeck on loan)) doesn't mean it will or is even likely to be true for Welbeck.

Same fatuous argument that because Pep was an inside promotion at Barca and that worked then Sherwood should be given a go as he was from inside. There has to be something else and I just don't get it with Welbeck. If he wasn't at Utd in the Fergie years he wouldn't be close to the England squad for example.

I think Wellbeck has already shown himself to be a good player, he doesn't need to 'come good' like people are suggesting. Just needs a starting position in a team and watching him week in week out im sure everyone will appreciate his worth

I would be devastated if this happened. I think the guy is truly truly awful and destined for mid lower prem team.

I don't agree at all that people were only criticising Sturridge's attitude. There were loads of people who thought he'd be at best the level of someone like Defoe, not somebody who would be scoring at the rate of a goal a game for a season and a half or who would be Liverpool's quickest ever striker to reach 50 league goals.

I remember reading Welbeck has a surprisingly good strike rate when he's played as a striker rather than as a water carrier on the left but can't remember where.

I don't agree at all that people were only criticising Sturridge's attitude. There were loads of people who thought he'd be at best the level of someone like Defoe, not somebody who would be scoring at the rate of a goal a game for a season and a half or who would be Liverpool's quickest ever striker to reach 50 league goals.

I remember reading Welbeck has a surprisingly good strike rate when he's played as a striker rather than as a water carrier on the left but can't remember where.

As a striker he scored 9 in 972 minutes, an average of one every 108 mins.

that's pretty good, right?

seeings as 1 in 2 is usually what people rate a forward on

Indeed and hardly the scoreless donkey he's made out to be on here.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Wow - that is better than Shearer, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Aguerro, Hernandez, RVP & Rooney.

I wonder why on earth then that top managers don't play him up front (esp. in front of those last 3) if he is so effing dangerous???????

Bizarre that they leave statistically their best striker either on the bench or on the wing.

Back