• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Weird Abandoned Places

Rob

Peter Taylor
Anyone know of any decent ones to visit in the uk or even ones further afield if they're local to you?

We've got Beacon Hill Fort a few miles down the road - I used to go there a lot as a young teenager and went back today to see if it's changed much. Was really cool looking around the place even though it's just been left to rot.

It was built in 1889 and modified for both the first and Second World War, it's got fortifications, gun towers and a network of underground tunnels, most of which used to be bricked up - could only get into two when I was younger, now we think we managed to see all of it apart from one tunnel which is concreted shut...

Can't grumble I suppose as it's private land and we really shouldn't have been there but got some cool photos on my phone which I'm gonna attempt to upload and loads more from the proper camera if anyone's interested...?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Chichs pants?

Not weird but very quiet and my favourite place (Except Bournemouth actually) is Christchurch, Dorset. The most amazing place.

I was looking forward to the first witty abandoned place reply but now I don't think I'll sleep tonight 8-[

Christchurch worth a day trip then or would you suggest making a weekend of it? Making this a year to check out my own country. Things which even when I say them myself sound bloody boring lol like abandoned bunkers or mazes and stuff like that...

Abandoned bunkers eh? I'm sure someone more informed will help.

With regards to Christchurch it's one of those places that is so quiet, has beautiful scenery and heritage that you could get used to living there very quickly if you're a boring fart like me. Ancient ruins, cathedral, nice pubs/restaurants it has it all for a relaxed weekend break either on your own or a couple.

I've been to so many places on my own before I settled down. None of my mates were bothered so once, with a week off work, I packed a case and got the train from Cheshunt to Stanstead. Went up to the Easyjet woman and asked for any cancellations and was offered 3 nights in Malaga for £49 return :)

Time my jobless, layabout mates were up at midday I was on the beach lol. True story.

Also done similar in UK. Just woke up, left it til after the rush hour and got into Liverpool Street for about 1030am. Looked up at the boards and seen where I fancied. Ended up in Norwich, Birmingham, Torquay and Bournemouth amongst other places. I found it so exciting just packing for a few days and getting away last minute.

Now I'm married with a kid everything's a bit more 'routine' - although I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Mine is kinda the other way around. Had my hours cut and now isn't the best time of year to find work (especially where I am) so looking for stuff to do on the extra day off I've got! Was looking at uk weekend breaks for me and mrs R (missus not mrs technically) and looking at some quaint cottages (not cottaging chich!) which we can just throw some logs on the fire, go to the local for some ales and grub and make ourselves at home for a few days. I dj so I have the hectic side of things and really just fancy a change!

I love that whole last minute thing though - I've never quite persuaded a missus to go for it though. The closest I got was a week away we booked to go to Cuba (2 days later it was 100 quid cheaper...2 more - another ton off the price!). I'd love to just rock up at the airport and say send me somewhere, I don't think I could do it on my own though, as out going as I am... Mrs R did Route 66 on her own last year while I did Ibiza with the lads, but she's a one of a kind kinda girl!

Me and the missus went to Burleigh. About 20 miles from Bournemouth it's actually a witchcraft town which we didn't know til we got there. Stayed at Burleigh castle it was the most peculiar place I've ever been to but nice and quiet.

Chich is awake btw just seen he's posted in SN&V so won't be long til he brings down this rather pleasant conversation lol.

Only kidding fella. He's been to more places than even I've had hot dinners though.

Chich is awake btw just seen he's posted in SN&V so won't be long til he brings down this rather pleasant conversation lol.

Only kidding fella. He's been to more places than even I've had hot dinners though.

hamburg is the only place anyone ever need go to, the old port in Hamburg is a place I still dream about

Cool - been looking at both those sites, some very interesting places there... Severalls Mental Hospital is next on our list although there's security patrolling there...

Prefer the underground tunnels type things though, something about walking into the pitch black unknown.... <--- and that isn't me playing the man instead of the ball!! ;)

Looked at the dslr pics and there's some real beauties from in the tunnels!

Tyson's house wouldn't interest me though - it's just an empty house at the end of the day and any history attached is recent.

From the subbrit site North Weald Redoubt looks likely to be on our list so big thumbs up for that link

Back