• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We aren't that bad, but...

For me the feeling began on this night

Real+Madrid+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+UEFA+Champions+HuHKu2O44dJl.jpg

and was cemented on this.

scheweinsteiger.jpg

Ever since then I've felt that regardless as to what we do we will always fail, regardless as to how high or low the target is, just feels like everyone and thing is against us.

This Champions League obsession is killing us boys, regardless as to whether we make minor adjustments to squad this summer or strip everything bare and start again, the only thing we should ever obsess over is being THE BEST.

We feel low cos we're on a way down from a peak. May have to wait a while to we get to the level we were. Bale was unreal

In 25 years as a Spurs fan I've never been so fed up, we were so close and ****ed it all up all on our own, it's gonna take 10 years at least to get back to having another stab at it, Chelsea/City/United/**** won't all let their guard down like this again anytime soon.

If we had done no business in the summer at all we'd have walked it this season.

Same old Tottenham all over again. The truest thing Alan Hansen has ever said.

Nauseatingly, Oliver Holt has been proved dead right. Liverpool point-blank refused to sell Suarez despite him having just completed one of the most controversial seasons ever. True they'd have got only half what we got for Bale, but just look where 'Pool are now compared to us.

Sometimes the truth can be too painful.

The irony about the situation at Spurs is that it is often remarked that the game is killing itself, that the introduction of vast amounts of money is ruining the game, but in the case of Tottenham, this has been going on for nearly 25 years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-there-used-to-be-a-football-club-over-there

If Liverpool had been offered £86m and had to the deal with Marca etc as we had to then I refuse to believe they would've held onto him. But either way we're now in a complete mess as they playing great football and have a chance of winning the league.

Who knows maybe all this sh!t that we're going through is part of the process but I just don't care anymore, even though I don't feel doom and gloom I just feel so detached and disillusioned.

Like Burkinshaw said.

"There used to be a football club over there"

Last edited:
I think its also a cycle of Premiership football. The league with Sky hype and money and a growing global fan base grew massively as a spectacle over the past 10 years. It felt exciting then and Spurs have steadily improved. But the league has not reinvented itself or moved on again. If anything its stagnated. Fergie's gone, the money clubs have risen, and bar a sprinkling of players like Suarez, Villa and Bale there aren't many world class players.

Also we were rising on a wave of optimism. A well run club, potential to overtake a rse, a great transfer policy. That has somewhat stagnated too. We've sold our best player (albeit for a ton of cash) and look less well run with managers flying through a revolving door.

But! Things can change very quickly. We could be rejuvenated in a matter of months. We are still in a much better position than we were a decade ago. What doesn't kill you make you stronger, certainty for our younger players. But football in England, and Spurs, could not keep rising without being checked. I think its inevitable to some degree.

One final thing is newspaper back-pages have died and largely been replaced. Online, ITK has been fun, exciting even. But now that has been and gone - we're all a bit board of the usual fluff that circulates online. So what next? An amazing youth system producing our own talent. Some good ol attractive pass and move football and hopefully one better thought through managerial appointment woudl be nice.

Last edited:
I've been feeling the same now for the last 2 seasons. I support and follow the team but I don't have the same emotions. I haven't felt the adrenalin rush of excitement or even despair in loss for a while. When we win or lose I just feel a bit meh.
Although we did well with the points accumulated last season it was so dull to watch (I won't use the T word). I could be sat there realising I was looking at a game with no idea what was going on as my eyes had glazed over.

Started loosing interest when I realised what that greedy cretin Levys game was all about. Profit profit profit and nothing else.

Started loosing interest when I realised what that greedy cretin Levys game was all about. Profit profit profit and nothing else.

pray tell what 'profit profit profit' you're talking about?

think our last financial report showed a loss of around 5 mil so id be very interested to see how you can spin that to suit your midguided agenda

AVB bored the life out of me and wanted a bland team of faceless robotic robots. To me, this process started when he wanted Sigurdsson over VDV, booted Ade & Ekotto and Huddlestone and ended with him IMO making it perfectly clear that Eriksen & Lamela wrrent his buys or choices and he didnt really want them.

Just sucked the life out of our team, which was a great counter attacking team with s lot of personality and strong characters.

I havent been able to identify with the team all season as it was just so bland and souless and to go from that to a clueless novice who doesnt know what he is doing in charge of bland personalities who require robotic guidance or they fall apart qell its hardly going to be pretty watching?

I feel worn out but i know that come the summer if we appoint Van Gaal or a new manager and make a couple of signings i will be excited again

Imagine being a West Ham fan, where do they get all their passion from for such mediocrity?

It's why I have great admiration for fans of non league teams. Their love is a true love of the game itself, rather than any of the commercially packaged goods laid out ahead of the rest of us.

I'm always passionate about us but it's easy to start getting disillusioned. But, I quickly get pulled back under again.

A lot of what the OP says resonates with me too. I felt hugely let down by Levy and the club over the Jol-Ramos affair. There was a massive feel-good factor about the club while Jol was the manager. We might still have lost important games and we might not have won any silverware, but by GHod, I loved going; I felt there was a pride in the shirt about the manager and the players and I felt proud of them. Ever since then, the rough-and-ready passion I associate with the club has all but vanished, replaced by a sort of ersatz, glossy-brochure version that I associate firmly with Levy and his corporatism. To a greater or lesser degree, it's tainted everything about the club for me. From the dumbed-down feel of the clumsy back-translation of our schoolboy latin motto to the embarrassingly exploitative relationship with stub-u-like or whatever they're called, to the fact the majority of our players now seem to have no emotional investment in the club whatsoever. It's all just ... meh — a bit of a joy-free zone. It's partly about the relentless grinding-down effect of the money machine that football as a whole has turned into, but I could cope with that if our club wasn't quite so much right at the hideous epicenter of it.

I have to admit that I've gotten a bit jaded the last couple of seasons. For me it started with AVB's football. Bale kept it alive last year, but this year has just been dire. I hate to admit it, but when we were 2-0 down against Liverpool in our home match, I was secretly "hoping" we'd concede another 3 goals for it to be a hammering that would surely send AVB out of our club. I never hope for us to lose, of course, but at the time I didn't care, I just wanted a change, we weren't playing as a team, and we weren't attacking nor defending at all. We played better for a little while under Sherwood, but there are obviously some deeper issues at stake at the club. We haven't looked good all season, to be honest.

There seems to be a lack of passion and faith among the players. We seem to lack a plan about our game, and defensively we've been absolutely atrocious. I'm still going to watch every game, and I'm still going to hope we win every game, but I have to admit, the passion hasn't been there this season. We've been dull and lifeless. When Siggy scored to make us 3-2 winners last weekend, I barely gave away a quick "yes!" - we don't look to be on the right track at all.

Here's to a positive summer - let's hope we get an exciting new manager (LVG for me) and a raised spirit. Next season! \o/

Imagine being a West Ham fan, where do they get all their passion from for such mediocrity?

It's why I have great admiration for fans of non league teams. Their love is a true love of the game itself, rather than any of the commercially packaged goods laid out ahead of the rest of us.

I'm always passionate about us but it's easy to start getting disillusioned. But, I quickly get pulled back under again.

I don't think it's about where you are in the league, necessarily. My most passionate years was the end of the 90's, when we were absolute ****. Tottenham was my life. I've become older now, and have more stuff going on that's important for me as well. Football is football, and it's gotten more commercial and "fake" every year.

It feels like we are routinely unlucky and that is pretty dispiriting to me. There's not much point staying hopeful when everything that can go wrong does.

I'm getting that way.

When Sig scored the winner against Soton I kinda shrugged, two years ago I would have been running and screaming around the lounge like an idiot.

Only time I can recall feeling like this in the 30+ years I've supported Spurs.

This, and I first went to WHL 41 years ago. Football has changed beyond recognition since then, good and bad

Last edited:
I don't think it's about where you are in the league, necessarily. My most passionate years was the end of the 90's, when we were absolute ****. Tottenham was my life. I've become older now, and have more stuff going on that's important for me as well. Football is football, and it's gotten more commercial and "fake" every year.

Word.

I think it's down to the style of play. Watching our games is no longer exciting, even though it was dull last year as well IMO there was that constant thought that Bale might make a 40 yard run and smash a goal in or hit the top corner with a free kick or something. When I watch now I can't get excited at knocking it about deep in midfield or on the edge of the opposition box and I'm constantly wondering which players going to gift the opposition a goal scoring chance. Where's the fun in that.

We need a new manager who will get the squad playing with pace and an attacking verve that we haven't seen since Jol/Harry and get us back to the edge of our seats.

Back