• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We are full of ineffective players...

Alex

Scott Houghton
We have way too many players who don't create enough, don't assist enough and don't score enough goals. We have a squad full of them.

Paulinho
Dembele
Holtby
Chadli
Townsend

They don't do anywhere enough. Why we signed Chadli is beyond me.

Defensively, Naughton and Fryers are ineffective too. I'm struggling to work out why Fergie wanted to keep Fryers so badly. He doesn't add anything.

The only 2 people who genuinely are creative and can assist/score regularly are Siggurdson and Lennon.

Defoe, besides a lovely cross for Ade, can't score to save his life. He looks like he's lost his legs a bit. Age?

I'm truly praying that Eriksen is our man to unlock this. If we play Eriksen Sandro/Capoue Siggy Lennon with 2 up front... Ade & Soldado then maybe we can do something this season.

We have way too many players who don't create enough, don't assist enough and don't score enough goals. We have a squad full of them.

Paulinho
Dembele
Holtby
Chadli
Townsend

They don't do anywhere enough. Why we signed Chadli is beyond me.

Defensively, Naughton and Fryers are ineffective too. I'm struggling to work out why Fergie wanted to keep Fryers so badly. He doesn't add anything.

The only 2 people who genuinely are creative and can assist/score regularly are Siggurdson and Lennon.

Defoe, besides a lovely cross for Ade, can't score to save his life. He looks like he's lost his legs a bit. Age?

I'm truly praying that Eriksen is our man to unlock this. If we play Eriksen Sandro/Capoue Siggy Lennon with 2 up front... Ade & Soldado then maybe we can do something this season.

Until tonight Fryers had made 4 starts for us and has played a grand total of 318 minutes. He's 21 years old and you are in effect writing him off.

But I don't even see him try and do what Danny Rose or Assou-Ekotto does... and that's create! Ryan Fredericks has done 100x more than Naughton or Fryers in the 45 mins he had the other night. A bit of energy, excitement, trying something slightly special. Just... SOMETHING.

But I don't even see him try and do what Danny Rose or Assou-Ekotto does... and that's create! Ryan Fredericks has done 100x more than Naughton or Fryers in the 45 mins he had the other night. A bit of energy, excitement, trying something slightly special. Just... SOMETHING.

Fredericks came on against Anzhi, Fryers against Wet Spam with them chucking it forward, and to keep bleating on was next to Vlad and Capoue, so it's not like he had a steady old pro to help him out. He may end up being pony but cut the kid some slack. Rose had a full season at Sunderland last year and was their player of the year and Benny is in his late 20's.

Perhaps not take Rose off...

He has hardly played all season due to injury and while losing any game - especially to Wet Spam in a cup competition - management has to take a long term view to keep him fit for league games.

Harsh on Holtby. If you look at his assists and goals, per minute that he has played, I don't think he's been poor.

Isn't Fredericks a right back?

Lennon score regularly? 25 goals in what is now his 9th season, Lamela hit 15 last season alone at the age of 20 but doesn't even get a mention. I do agree with the premise of the thread though.

From what I know Fryers is a CB/LB with little tendency for attacking. On the other hand Rose was a winger until a couple of years ago and I get the feeling that Fredericks is a converted winger too. Despite being of the same age, these players have all had a different schooling in the game and whilst the other two are better going forward, I'd wager that Fryers defensive positioning play is more advanced.

Chadli, Dembele and Paulinho are not ineffective, but I don't think they function well when all played together. All of them rely on others for the clever passes whilst they move into better positions. Both Paulinho and Chadli take up very good positions in the box and show good movement at times. Dembele is the closest to being ineffective we have, they guy strikes me as one of those lads whose brilliant in a small sided game but doesn't excel at anything especially. If we played a game that relied on making space for him to carry the ball into then maybe he would come into the game more.

Townsend and Holtby are not ineffective, just young footballers who as a response to all the problems we have are trying to do too much. Andros tries too hard to make things happen and in the end makes poor decisions, but when things were settled for us (like against Chelsea) he was a massive threat and should've had an assist. Holtby runs around trying to prove he can close down anyone and everyone, but if you haven't seen his passing talent then you have had your eyes closed

Twitter / HotspurRelated: According to Pluri Consultoria, Tottenham have the tenth most valuable squad in Europe. :-k
Bb7wnnGIQAAhG8U.jpg

We have a squad of 25, you name 5 (of which at least 3 of them most people will disagree with your verdict), yet we have a squad "full" of ineffective players?

What we have is a very good squad, without a system for any particular group of them, e.g. how do we leverage Dembele, Paulinho? are they DMs, are they AMs, are they behind the striker? same problem with players like Holtby, Siggy, Lamela, Eriksen, in the hole? behind the striker, out wide?

If you think of the last Spurs setup that we seemed to want to play, we had back 4, FB's overlapping the two wingers in Bale/Lennon who provided pace/width, a DM and a midfield ball player.

Now, I have no idea, Walker is less adventurous (but better defensively), we haven't had an attacking LB (other than Verts' runs), no idea if we want wingers or not, etc.

disagree with the original post

teams with much less creativity than us created and scored more. so it isnt the fault of the international class players we have......at least not down to their raw ability.

a change in fortunes will see everything right

heck , i even have high hopes for soldado and lamela once again. Soldado more because we will be playing at the faster pace and he should have more support...lamela just cause we will be playing faster

yeah , players that are being called ineffective could suddenly have their stocks rising high very soon

Ineffective in AVB's system. Looking forward to seeing what they can do without one arm tied behind their backs.

Back