• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Loads of Liverpool fans salivating at the thought of them signing Dembele, he'd be knackered after 30min with their style of play.

Can't see poch selling Wanyama, and would be very surprised if he sold him and Dembele.

I cannot see both going at the same time. But if there is an underlying fitness problem with both then who knows.
If they cant cope with Poch's reliance on fitness, they are not going to with Klop.

"We have to start thinking quality before price!"

You think we dont already? Like we are looking for cheap players before good players? Or arent willing to spend on quality?

My first choice would be Rashford. But ££££

I dont want us to keep trying to find this bargain! We have to start thinking quality before price! Well maybe a little more often at least!

Rashford would be perfect but I cannot see us being able to get him. I do not see how Welbeck or Rodriguez meet this criteria, they are journeymen.

"We have to start thinking quality before price!"

You think we dont already? Like we are looking for cheap players before good players? Or arent willing to spend on quality?

Who knows. Janssen was/is not good enough for a top 6 side.
We must stop thinking cheap! Buy cheap buy twice my nan used to say Janssen and Llorent have cost around £30m.

Rashford would be perfect but I cannot see us being able to get him. I do not see how Welbeck or Rodriguez meet this criteria, they are journeymen.

If we cant afford Rashford's of this world sadly then we must at least get players with EPL experience. The Welbeck or Rodriguez's of this world are at least gettable'ish are at least. We tend to buy in hope rather than expectation.
Then the Soldado's of the world blow logic right of the water......:confused:

If we cant afford Rashford's of this world sadly then we must at least get players with EPL experience. The Welbeck or Rodriguez's of this world are at least gettable'ish are at least. We tend to buy in hope rather than expectation.

I think that Rashford is unobtainable because I do not think that he will leave Manchester United. I do not see Welbeck or Rodriguez as being an upgrade on Son, so I do not see the point in signing them. I don't really care about Premier League experience, I think that the quality and potential of the player is more important than where they are currently playing.

Who knows. Janssen was/is not good enough for a top 6 side.
We must stop thinking cheap! Buy cheap buy twice my nan used to say Janssen and Llorent have cost around £30m.

You assume we CAN buy expensive. And by expensive I assume you mean proven quality.

Having the money is only half the equation, you still need to get the player to want to join - and most unlikely of all - get the player to want to join without getting priced out of the move by richer more established/attractive clubs.

Its really not a simple as "Dont buy cheap!". Thats naive in extreme.

Given our CL profile the last couple of years, and our top 3 placings, we are more of a catch for a lot of players - but even then we can still get swept aside by bigger fish.

And lets be honest - the players we want are good enough for those bigger fish. Its an incredibly long shot to get them.

Why do you think we have built the club instead on identifying emerging talent and nurturing it?

Sanchez cost us £40,000,000 by the way. Thats not cheap in anyones book, especially for a rookie CB.

So dont buy cheap, just buy average to poor?

Welbeck is a donkey. Rodriguez has had one hot season his whole career. Neither will add anything to this team. No matter what you spent on them.

Rashfor would, I agree, and if he were available to us Id be happy to spend a reasonable amount - but thats pie in the sky at this point.

Sanchez is exactly what I'm talking about you get what you pay for. We all like the lad.

I'm not going to debate this because we all have opinions on good and poor purchases.

We are building this new stadium with the progression of the club in mind. It is still moot as to the amount of extra money that will be available and the speed of its arrival. But you do not invest those type of monies to not ramp up our intention markedly Sanchez is an excellent example (@nayimfromthehalfwayline x) of what I hope is also an upgrade of our intent.

Sanchez is exactly what I'm talking about you get what you pay for. We all like the lad.

I'm not going to debate this because we all have opinions on good and poor purchases.

We are building this new stadium with the progression of the club in mind. It is still moot as to the amount of extra money that will be available and the speed of its arrival. But you do not invest those type of monies to not ramp up our intention markedly Sanchez is an excellent example (@nayimfromthehalfwayline x) of what I hope is also an upgrade of our intent.

We are fishing in a very small pool here @StephenH. I suspect that had an inside forward/#9 of Sanchez' age and ability been available last summer and obtainable, we would have got them instead of Llorente.

We are fishing in a very small pool here @StephenH. I suspect that had an inside forward/#9 of Sanchez' age and ability been available last summer and obtainable, we would have got them instead of Llorente.

Small pool Yep

Toby + Danny (sentiment to one side I love Danny:(....) for Rashford + £?

Why would Manchester United sell him and why would he want to leave?

To play! he is not getting regular games.

Forget specific players, I hope we move our sights out of the bargain section in the next few seasons.
I'm not saying at all costs, but you can't invest in such a fine stadium and charge top prices for seating and not improve our quality on incoming signings.
I think there will still be some lemons along the way and we have some recent acquisition currently in the undecided category.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not "railing" if I'm giving you that vibe I really apologise.

I cannot hide my frustration with Janssen.

No worries matey, I know you get a bit excitable!

Janssen is disappointing, but, I think, only because there is something there. I really think he could be a good premiership player, and I really think he could work in our team - but undeniably last season was hardly a success.

That said, after a year of Llorente Janssens season doesnt look quite so bad!

Id be open to giving him pre season to play and see if he can come back into the squad.

No chance they'd sell their local lad. We'd have minutely more chance of getting Martial, who also never seems to play.

Who we were also very keen on before Utd got him, and who (I believe) is short of contract now...

EDIT: according to transfermarket he has a year left. No idea if Utd hold an extension clause or anything though.

No chance they'd sell their local lad. We'd have minutely more chance of getting Martial, who also never seems to play.
I'd love Martial. He fits the bill perfectly beoing able to play accross the front 3, and is still young enough to be moulded by Poch. I've seen his wages quoted as £65k so doable on that front too. Would utd sell to us is another question though.

Back