• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

The key difference between Soldado and Janssen is that Soldado was an established player with years under his belt whereas Janssen only had one season in the Dutch top flight. He was a punt that hasn't worked out. There's no shame in that.

I would want a word with those behind Janssen, there are some important questions that need answering internally.
Same goes for Sissoko.

I would be fuming with the people involved with these two signing but especially Janssen.
I felt sorry for Vinny especially, thrown in at the deep end or what.......remind me of my first latin class, I was clueless!

EDIT No more 'cut price' "punts" Mr Levy!

I would want a word with those behind Janssen, there are some important questions that need answering internally.
Same goes for Sissoko.

I would be fuming with the people involved with these two signing but especially Janssen.
I felt sorry for Vinny especially, thrown in at the deep end or what.......remind me of my first latin class, I was clueless!

How were you after your first year in your Latin class?

Same goes for Sissoko.

I think that punts will (and should) always be part of our transfer strategy. Alli was a punt. Dier was a punt.

I still think that Janssen's all round game was strong but he couldn't find his mojo in front of goal. He'll do alright somewhere.

A complete repeat of Soldaldo both on and off the pitch with the same weird attachment amongst many in online support base. It's amazing how such failures can attract such dedicated followings, utterly bizzare.

Love an underdog and also think he hasn't been given enough chances - minutes on the pitch. I wouldn't call him a failure, yet.

I think that punts will (and should) always be part of our transfer strategy. Alli was a punt. Dier was a punt.

I still think that Janssen's all round game was strong but he couldn't find his mojo in front of goal. He'll do alright somewhere.

Hartlepool!:cool:

Every player is a gamble, much better and bigger profile players than vinny have flopped.
Deputising for the golden boot winner in a new league and a new team was never going to be easy.
If he had been brought on against Burnley in the 10 mins last game I think we would have held onto the ball better up top and got out with 3 points.

Every player is a gamble, much better and bigger profile players than vinny have flopped.
Deputising for the golden boot winner in a new league and a new team was never going to be easy.
If he had been brought on against Burnley in the 10 mins last game I think we would have held onto the ball better up top and got out with 3 points.

I think a fit Wanyama would have been of greater use!

We should have given Janssen 1 more season to prove his worth. This is why I don't like us buying non English youngsters as we never give them enough chances.

I think half the people here should create a gofund me account for vincent and fly out to turkey to see how he's doing. I get supporting the underdog mentality to some extent and ok, i'll give you that he's probably an honest bloke and did try for us, but at the end of the day he was crap at the job he was brought in to do, I'm pleased he's gone and hope he never wears our shirt again, if that p!sses people off so be it, I want my club to have the best players and we don't have room for passengers.

Hardly any mention on the Spurs official site re Vinny

Yes odd, suggestion that they are trying to wipe him from history maybe, although see that he was referred to in a round up of our loanees playing over the weekend. Did not realise he had left until my son showed me his 'happy' photo in Turkey

I think half the people here should create a gofund me account for vincent and fly out to turkey to see how he's doing. I get supporting the underdog mentality to some extent and ok, i'll give you that he's probably an honest bloke and did try for us, but at the end of the day he was crap at the job he was brought in to do, I'm pleased he's gone and hope he never wears our shirt again, if that p!sses people off so be it, I want my club to have the best players and we don't have room for passengers.

Would you prefer that to him coming good and going on to be a star for us?

Would you prefer that to him coming good and going on to be a star for us?

Do you think we'll see him again? If we had got him a Premier League club loan I think he'd be in future plans, but to loan him to a Turkish team suggests he has no future here. I do think it's a shame we couldn't get him a Premier League loan.

Do you think we'll see him again? If we had got him a Premier League club loan I think he'd be in future plans, but to loan him to a Turkish team suggests he has no future here. I do think it's a shame we couldn't get him a Premier League loan.

I am not expecting to see him in a Spurs shirt again but I think that the best outcome for us would be that he has a great season in Turkey and comes back on form and ready to play a part.

Back