• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Posted in the Embolo thread that we should be looking at Janssen instead of Embolo, looks like we are.

The good thing about Janssen is that he will be able to start pre season training from the beginning, giving Poch plenty of time to work on his fitness conditioning and tactical awareness and also more importantly Harry will be allowed to have a well deserved break after nearly two years of non stop football. Having another proper striker in this early takes the pressure off Poch to rush Harry back.

Comments from AZ's DoF

Vincent Janssen conducts a preliminary discussion with Tottenham Hotspur. Londoners have officially reported to AZ for the top scorer of the Premier League.

According to Max Huiberts negotiations are still at an early stage. The director of football affairs AZ was informed by Tottenham a first meeting between the club and the Orange International, which takes place these days. "An offer we have not yet received," he told Voetbal International. He also denies that Janssen allowed to leave for an agreed transfer fee from Alkmaar.

The 21-year-old striker has an ongoing contract with AZ until 2019. The goals on behalf of Orange against Poland and Austria drive his transfer fee only further. "On the one hand this is good news, but on the other hand, he also creates more interest from other clubs with those goals. And we love Vincent also like to AZ next season. "

Only when Janssen and Tottenham salvation see a possible collaboration, AZ will negotiate with Tottenham. Similarly, there is little action around midfielder Markus Henriksen. "We take into account the departure of Mark, but as yet there is nothing concrete. So they stand for the same money both still just on the field as we begin the first practice. "

AZ itself with Rens van Eijden and mats seuntjens already attracted two players for the new season. "Thus we have already responded to the foregoing. Should it come from Vincent to transfer, then we use that money to start looking for a replacement for him

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/az-in-afwachting-van-uitkomst-gesprek-janssen-met-spurs.htm

How fast is Janssen? For example, is he faster than Kane from what people have seen?
Also, how good is he in the air?

decent read, and from which i take three things…

If he's not quite ready for Prem, then a role as understudy to Kane won't be the worst thing for the lad.

If, as the report suggests, he would benefit from another season on home soil, would we buy and loan back to secure the signature?

Lastly, let's get this done asap as he has Koeman's-first-signing-as-Lukaku-replacement written all over him!!

If he's not quite ready for Prem, then a role as understudy to Kane won't be the worst thing for the lad.

If, as the report suggests, he would benefit from another season on home soil, would we buy and loan back to secure the signature?

Lastly, let's get this done asap as he has Koeman's-first-signing-as-Lukaku-replacement written all over him!!

Yeah, like he's going to turn down the chance to be eased into a team that will have at least 6 CL games to instead take on the attacking pressure of a team not in Europe...:D

...but generally i agree we should wrap this up soon so he can start pre-season early

Good reminder, Lukaku would score Hatfulls in the Netherlands

As much as I like the look of Batshuayi, if the £12m - £14m price tag for Janssen is right then this is a much more likely deal and I cant see that we would get much better value elsewhere

I don't know anything about him at all and have only seen the videos but have a good feeling about this as a signing tbh. He looks a little Kane like in his movement in some of the goals and looks quite brave too which always helps. Forwards don't have the greatest record coming from Eredivisie on big money deals and this doesn't necessarily fall into that bracket so the pressure hopefully will be less but its swings and roundabouts really, for every Kezman you will find a Van Nistelrooy so its worth rolling the dice on this one imo.

At last you and I actually agree on something :)

This is a very interesting read

http://www.espnfc.com/dutch-eredivi...nssen-drawing-ruud-van-nistelrooy-comparisons

From that article:
Vincent's background has also played a massive role in his development. His mother, Annemarie Verstappen, is a very successful former swimmer who won several medals at the 1984 Olympic Games, was also the world champion in 200 meters freestyle two years earlier, and was voted Dutch Sportswoman of the Year in 1982.

Janssen grew up in a sport-oriented family, and therefore he knows what one has to do in order to reach the top," Grim explained. "From the very beginning, I was sure that he will go far."

Dare I hope that his background makes him more amenable to joining a youth-focussed "system" club like Spurs, rather than going straight for money? I'd guess that Vertonghen and Eriksen both playing for us would be a big draw too -- while Janssen probably knows neither directly, they were big players in Holland before signing for us.

Back