• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I believe that the capacity of the pens in the lower tier were reduced in order to aid safety, yet this is obviously pointless if you let in thousands more rather than ensuring that they are guided into parts of the ground that are not up to capacity. From the outset, it was a disaster waiting to happen (as I have said in my post above) - before Nottingham Forest and Liverpool fans even made the trip to the ground. I can't believe that the Liverpool fans were allocated the smaller end of the ground, rather than the Kop. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why were each fans allocated each end? Geography, I believe.

The LFC fans were coming from the west (M62/M1 south) which brought you to the Leppings Lane end of the ground. The Forest fans were northbound on the M1, along Sheffield Parkway. This brought you to the other end of the ground/kop.

Segregation through routeway/direction of approach. Thats why.

With Spurs v Wolves, both were rougly coming from the same direction, so it was different.

Would I ever believe an official so called unbiased left wing, liberal report that is clearly designed to try and pander to the city of Liverpool and hang some officials out to dry? Would I really be THAT dumb? Nah! I can't believe anyone in this country would be.

Or maybe the Liverpool fans really are completely blameless and Heysel wasn't there fault either. Scum fans. Scum club. Scum city.

Would I ever believe an official so called unbiased left wing, liberal report that is clearly designed to try and pander to the city of Liverpool and hang some officials out to dry? Would I really be THAT dumb? Nah! I can't believe anyone in this country would be.

Or maybe the Liverpool fans really are completely blameless and Heysel wasn't there fault either. Scum fans. Scum club. Scum city.

is it really all a big conspiracy?

Would I ever believe an official so called unbiased left wing, liberal report that is clearly designed to try and pander to the city of Liverpool and hang some officials out to dry? Would I really be THAT dumb? Nah! I can't believe anyone in this country would be

People keep saying this but can you explain what makes it a liberal lefty report? Was the turnstile monitoring system pandering to the city Liverpool? Or maybe the analyses by the HSE of the numbers that came through the gates showing it the terrace was not over capacity? There is also the question of the evidence from the vast majority of civilian and police eyewitnesses at the turnstiles, including a Detective Superintendent, who didn't subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Maybe these were the lefties with an agenda? :)

Consider it by all means, you give the impression though that it is the absolute truth, which is where I disagree

No more than you seem to err on the side that it is flawed. And the points you make are true but not majorly different from, lets say, a jury in a trial. We assume they are honest, neutral and have not been got at, unless there is evidence to the contrary. Of course, this isn't quite the same as we don't get to see their reasoning for why they came to the conclusion they did, and of course juries have got it wrong, but you get the point.

People keep saying this but can you explain what makes it a liberal lefty report? Was the turnstile monitoring system pandering to the city Liverpool? Or maybe the analyses by the HSE of the numbers that came through the gates showing it the terrace was not over capacity? There is also the question of the evidence from the vast majority of civilian and police eyewitnesses at the turnstiles, including a Detective Superintendent, who didn't subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Maybe these were the lefties with an agenda? :)

The agenda wasn't on the day, it's what has happened afterwards. As for eyewitnesses? Bit pointless if you only publish the findings of those you want to believe and ignore the rest.

There is no doubt in mind that Kenny Dalglish is the right man for Liverpool, but I just hope people give him the time to prove it.

He's come under increasing pressure in the last few weeks after some bad results for the club, but I think it's important we put this poor run and Liverpool's achievements this year, and as a whole in recent seasons, into perspective

At the start of the campaign Liverpool were in with a shout of winning three trophies this season; they've won the Carling Cup already and are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

And if they finish the season with a cup double we will all be saying what a great campaign it has been for a club that had gone six years without any silverware before their Wembley win against Cardiff last month.

That's not to say that their league form can be ignored. They currently sit seventh in the table, eight points behind Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who haven't spent the money that Liverpool have, but have done brilliantly recruiting players like Cheik Tiote, Yohann Cabaye, Patinkle Cisse and Demba Ba.

Being that far behind them has really put the pressure on Kenny, but I totally disagree with those who are blaming his tactics for the team's form and the fact that he'd been out of the game for 10 years before returning last year. It's not as though Liverpool were fighting for the title consistently before he came in.

He signed me as a 17-year-old so I have a massive amount of respect for him, but I honestly believe he will prove to be the right man for the club, even if it has been difficult so far.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,18932_7635760,00.html

The fountain of knowledge that is Jamie Redknapp.

Was listening to Talksport today and they were chatting about the demise of Andy Carroll. It made me think: Which strikers have gone to Liverpool and flourished? Fowler and Owen were youth products if I'm not mistaken.

Torres was also brilliant for a season - though his poor form had actually started whilst at Anfield. Suarez has done well.

On the other hand, Carroll, Keane, Crouch all struggled at Liverpool straight after coming from in off really hot form.
Collymore? Heskey?

It's a graveyard for strikers.

Oh, and apparantly they should be 4th not 7th and would be if they had cracked their goalscoring problem, according to one caller! That famous scouse wit, eh?

Was listening to Talksport today and they were chatting about the demise of Andy Carroll. It made me think: Which strikers have gone to Liverpool and flourished? Fowler and Owen were youth products if I'm not mistaken.

Torres was also brilliant for a season - though his poor form had actually started whilst at Anfield. Suarez has done well.

On the other hand, Carroll, Keane, Crouch all struggled at Liverpool straight after coming from in off really hot form.
Collymore? Heskey?

It's a graveyard for strikers.

Oh, and apparantly they should be 4th not 7th and would be if they had cracked their goalscoring problem, according to one caller! That famous scouse wit, eh?

Interesting theory. Not sure I quite agree about Torres. He had more than 1 good season, in fact, he was the best striker in the league for at least 2 and a half seasons. It's also a bit unfair to blame his fall from grace solely on Liverpool, he has been poor for Spain and Chelsea also for over 2 years. My opinion, his slump began when he came back from injuries, he got stuck in a rut and hasn't really got his form back consistently, as a result, his confidence is shot! I hate Chelsea and I'm not keen on Liverpool, but he was always my favourite non Spurs Premier League player when he was at his peak.

Interesting theory. Not sure I quite agree about Torres. He had more than 1 good season, in fact, he was the best striker in the league for at least 2 and a half seasons. It's also a bit unfair to blame his fall from grace solely on Liverpool, he has been poor for Spain and Chelsea also for over 2 years. My opinion, his slump began when he came back from injuries, he got stuck in a rut and hasn't really got his form back consistently, as a result, his confidence is shot! I hate Chelsea and I'm not keen on Liverpool, but he was always my favourite non Spurs Premier League player when he was at his peak.
Really?

I dispise the bloke. I can't recall the amount of times he was rolling around on the floor in our game at the Lane in 09/10, but he probably spent more time off his feet than on them!

This made me think of this thing I saw on infostrada's twitter earlier: http://infostradalive.com/post/20169494489/infographic-premier-league-woodwork-analysis

If all the shots that hit the woodwork had gone in they'd be 11 points better off and up to 5th. We'd also be above the scum.

Not agreeing/disagreeing with you but thought you'd find it interesting.

This made me think of this thing I saw on infostrada's twitter earlier: http://infostradalive.com/post/20169494489/infographic-premier-league-woodwork-analysis

If all the shots that hit the woodwork had gone in they'd be 11 points better off and up to 5th. We'd also be above the scum.

Not agreeing/disagreeing with you but thought you'd find it interesting.

If all our corners beat the first man we will have scored 100 goals.

If and buts do not win ya games. Its like saying we will have won the league if we had better players. Er isnt thats the point? to see who is the best team?

Back