• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think it's scary how similar Liverpool are to us under Redknapp. A furiously pacey attack force, good distribution from midfield but no holding midfielder whatsoever, and a planet-sized hole between said midfield and defence, both mentally and tactically. A keeper who can go from great to sh*t in zero point zero. Add to that a manager easily found out, and who are well 'appy to be in the limelight for whatever reason. Going from 5-0 to 0-5 in a week, totally dependant on the opposition playing "the right way" and believing the light in the end of the tunnel to be much brighter than it really is. I can really see what their fans are going through right now.
Disagree completely. Our Rednapp teams were decent and pretty well balanced. Yes we were an attractive, attacking side - but we alao knew how to defend as the 2 games against AC Milan in the CL showed.

Instead of sharing at his feet for last 10 mins, klopp should have been watching how we defend and learning from it.
But he's to good that.

I'm sure Klopp has said in the past that he has final say on transfers -- in which case, why spend 30-40m on Ox when they have been crying out for 1. a good goal keeper; 2. a commanding centre-half; 3. a genuine defensive midfield player for the last few years now? That is simply bad management.

Liverpool are champions league in the wide areas and championship down the spine of the team.

How’s it looking over on RAWK, is Klopp still untouchable or are they starting to see the emperor’s new clothes?
Mostly fsg for not spending the money, Klopp is genuinely world class but fighting with his hands tied behind his back.

It's wrong for plastic clubs like city to spend so much but it's an outrage that an elite giant of football like Liverpool football club is not spending this.

No record that we were missing 2 left backs and 3 starting CM

Some are daring to question Klopp and their owners, which should see them all banned from there soon.

We weren't and aren't any good, it was all down to them.

Bring back Rafa.

Klopp cut a truly troubled figure yesterday.
That will get to the fan base quicker than a scouser can strip a rang rovers of its alloys.

Klopp cut a truly troubled figure yesterday.
That will get to the fan base quicker than a scouser can strip a rang rovers of its alloys.
1 win in their last 6 in the league doesn't look good. 3 wins in 9 in total. Impressive win against Arsenal. Other than that two slim wins against Palace and Leicester, two teams that have since sacked their managers.

They have an easier run coming up now and they really need to string together some wins now. Only 3 points up to third, so no real reason to panic just yet I suppose.

Instead of sharing at his feet for last 10 mins, klopp should have been watching how we defend and learning from it.
But he's to good that.

Perhaps there is a stirring of the press turning against Klopp or at least being more critical.

Jürgen Klopp must take blame for Liverpool’s comedy of errors

German may have re-energised Liverpool, writes Oliver Kay, but their defence has arguably got worse since his arrival at the club

There must be times, like when sitting demoralised on the bench at Wembley yesterday afternoon, when Dejan Lovren pines for those simpler times playing under Mauricio Pochettino. In his first season in English football, Lovren earned rave reviews at Southampton — a dominant, aggressive defender, a warrior, a leader. Pochettino described him as ideal for the Premier League, a player who was “good at solving difficult situations”.

Yesterday, not for the first time in his Liverpool career, Lovren looked like a player who could turn the most straightforward situation into a calamity. It comes to something when, with Liverpool 2-1 down after half an hour, Jürgen Klopp felt the need to substitute his £20 million central defender. It meant switching Joe Gomez from right back to central defence and Emre Can, a midfielder, to right back, but Klopp felt that withdrawing Lovren was the only option — less for the player’s own good than, in the manager’s mind, for the team’s.

It made little difference, though. Tottenham Hotspur added another two goals, both of them horrendous from a Liverpool viewpoint, to leave Klopp’s team with a record of 16 goals conceded in their first nine Premier League matches (or, if you prefer, 15 in their first five away games). It can be Simon Mignolet or Loris Karius in goal, Lovren, Joël Matip or Ragnar Klavan in central defence, or any combination of unproven young full backs, and they still look like a team who, when their defence is put under pressure, show all the durability of a wet paper bag.

Klopp has rightly been praised for the way he re-energised Liverpool over the past two years and for the bold, incisive nature of their attacking play, but their defence, which has been a weakness for at least seven seasons, with changing personnel, is getting worse. As bad as the statistics look, there is no more damning evidence against Liverpool’s defence than watching them with your own eyes on an afternoon like this.

[...]
[...] At the height of the transfer-market frenzy in the summer, Klopp responded to questions about Liverpool’s policy — Van Dijk or nothing — by challenging reporters to name five attainable central defenders who were better than the ones he already had.

On the evidence of the season so far, Davinson Sánchez, who was on the opposite side yesterday, was one. Then again, Sánchez is moving into a settled defence under a manager in Pochettino, who likes to build on a strong defensive foundation rather than from the front. That is a luxury that Lovren did not have when arriving at Liverpool in 2014. Nor has he ever had it since.

He is an obvious spacegoat after a performance as bad as this, but Liverpool’s defensive ills go deeper. Their anxiety has not been cured by bargain-basement remedies.

Klopp felt he could address it on the training ground, but has not been able to. He will need to spend big to improve this defence, but the manager will need to demonstrate his worth too.

I cant help feeling that sort of turn will just set them up with a siege mentality.

They are so enamoured with Klopp (why?! honestly I dont get it) that they will just turn against all else.

1 win in their last 6 in the league doesn't look good. 3 wins in 9 in total. Impressive win against Arsenal. Other than that two slim wins against Palace and Leicester, two teams that have since sacked their managers.

They have an easier run coming up now and they really need to string together some wins now. Only 3 points up to third, so no real reason to panic just yet I suppose.

That scenario would be fine for an Everton or Stoke. But their owners and above all manic fans are looking to challenge for top spot.
I think Liverpool will need to spend big time on a proper defense and a top coach and the players to go with it. Klopp won't be sacked but the shine has gone from the Klopp brand. Just goes to show that acting like a cheerleader on lsd on the sidelines does not a top manager make. Klopp can always get a gig as a poor Joe roosterer tribute act if he does go. Loved Joe by the way!

That scenario would be fine for an Everton or Stoke. But their owners and above all manic fans are looking to challenge for top spot.
I think Liverpool will need to spend big time on a proper defense and a top coach and the players to go with it. Klopp won't be sacked but the shine has gone from the Klopp brand. Just goes to show that acting like a cheerleader on lsd on the sidelines does not a top manager make. Klopp can always get a gig as a poor Joe roosterer tribute act if he does go. Loved Joe by the way!

He needs more than a little help from his friends, the media love him he's football's equivalent of cats on you tube, always get plenty of hits with him behaving like the wino outside the tube station.

they have appointed him the messiah, this means (al la Raffa) that nothing that goes wrong will be his fault -even though they spend loads it wont matter if they don't have a high net spend.

It will either be FSG or the FA who are to blame - while the "World Class Elite Manager" is not a fault.

He needs more than a little help from his friends, the media love him he's football's equivalent of cats on you tube, always get plenty of hits with him behaving like the wino outside the tube station.

He is one loon, I love enthusiasm from anybody but Klopp is just a smidgin OTT.
Some of his facial expressions yesterday were priceless!

The difference between Klopp's Dortmund team and this Liverpool team is stark.

I don't think simple explanations about Klopp having tactical shortcomings add up. It might be that Hummels and Lewandowski were just that important, but even then he developed those players from essentially unknowns.

I think he might be missing some of the help in the transfer market he had at Dortmund. Squad building, identifying weaknesses and potential upgrades, findings the good value for money deals...

The difference between Klopp's Dortmund team and this Liverpool team is stark.

I don't think simple explanations about Klopp having tactical shortcomings add up. It might be that Hummels and Lewandowski were just that important, but even then he developed those players from essentially unknowns.

I think he might be missing some of the help in the transfer market he had at Dortmund. Squad building, identifying weaknesses and potential upgrades, findings the good value for money deals...

Timing is huge

He was playing a Different system to everyone else and he did have some quality there. He doesn’t strike me as a coach just a mad motivator (he brought the Eastern European guy as a coach with him to Pool)

And also was it a time when others were weak in comparison to where they are now ?

Back