• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Venice/Milan/Nice

Mr. Green

Stephen Kelly
Any recommendation or traveling tips on good affordable hotels, train schedule and restaurants in these three cities (or Mestre in Venice case) are most welcomed!

Thanks in advance

I went to Venice a couple of years ago and stayed on Venice Lido. I think the hotel was called Villa Laguna or something like that, it's right next to the water boat station across to the lagoon. It was a good hotel and signicantly cheaper than the hotels on the lagoon itself, and it was nice being able to get a boat across to Piazza San Marco and see Venice approaching across the water, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Milan is awful i hated it. Im going to nice in the summer for the tour de france i booked the flights and my mate booked the hotel we are only there for 3 nights not sure where we are staying i am lead to believe it is out of town because it cheaper then the seafront.

Never been to venice so can't comment.

Stayed at Hotel Berna both times we went to Milan a couple of years ago. Good value place. Very nice staff and a cracking breakfast. Not ideal in terms of location for sightseeing being in walkable distance - it's about a five minute walk from Centrale FS - but only a few stops on the Metro to Duomo. I'm not sure there is a lot of sightseeing to do other than Duomo! Some fairly decent restaurants not too far away from the hotel too. Best one was Osteria del Treno, which was really, really good.

Only ever been to Nice on business. Lovely place. Highly recommended, although can't really remember places I stayed while there.

Only ever been to Venice for the day, and that was bloody years ago so very little recollection I'm afraid.

Last edited:
didn't rate Milan either tbh - is that a set in stone destination?

what about Florence or Verona - which are in the general direction of Nice (from Venice) haven't been to either tbf but heard nothing but great things

Last edited:
didn't rate Milan either tbh - is that a set in stone destination?

what about Florence or Verona - which are in the general direction of Nice (from Venice) haven't been to either tbf but heard nothing but great things

Florence is amazing i love it, im back there in september the food there is amazing the countryside around it is stunning the is a lot of art if you like that ort of thing and so many amazing ice cream places, just wow.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Milan is in because our first stop is Venice and will take intercity train to Savona via Milan. Rome is only a day trip because we plan to take cruise, it will be just one of the port calls, but we do plan to come back in future (probably when our daughter is older and can appreciate the cultural stuff) for a more thorough visit.

Just realised both local clubs at Savona and Venice are in Serie C2 (they changed name to Lega Pro or something). But they are both playing away on the Sundays that I will be there!

Venice is great - I thought it would be totally overrated but was pleasantly surprised. Stand outside your hotel, use the 'Find My Car' app to zero in on it, and take as many wrong turns as yoh can muster. They funnel the tourists to the sights using signposts and keep them away from the Venetians, but my advice is to get yourself lost.

Back