• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Valentine's Day

Park Lane James

Andy Sinton
It's a load of toss, isn't it? Another day to make money for the card companies (along with mother's and father's day) - surely you'd show love to your partner all year round.

Anyway, what's everyone doing? Think I have a date sorted, but don't want to take things any further than a quick how's your father tbh. Not many relationship candidates at the moment...

I think my opinion on Valentine's Day this year has been made all too clear elsewhere.

Valentine's Day is the second biggest card sending day of the year, after Christmas, so companies are definitely cashing in. I think the emotional pressure attached to Valentine's Day is kinda studid. If you really love someone, then do something that doesn't cost much but takes real effort from you; whether that be to make something, to cook a special meal, to write or paint something etc... as I believe that that shows more love than just putting hand in pocket and buying something that she might like.

I understand that people want to buy their partner gifts but surely, if they want to do that, it should be other times of the year and not just when they're told to do something special.

Last year I sent 38 Valentines Cards.

I took the idea from Nazi Germany, who, during the war made a lot of fake British Banknotes to drop in Britain and devalue the pound. I thought I'd devalue valentines day/cards for the rest of society.

[I bought the cards in bulk and paid no more than 10p each, anything more would be silly]

I hate Valentines Day! Got a new Mrs but can't really be arsed...

Is it bad to not bother with a card and stuff lol?

I hate Valentines Day! Got a new Mrs but can't really be arsed...

Is it bad to not bother with a card and stuff lol?
Well, if you weren't to bother then you could have made an 'arrangement' beforehand to do something small or nothing at all. If not, she'll expect it!

Valentine's Day is just my excuse to post this.

[video=youtube;K-_rf2jVxxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_rf2jVxxY[/video]

It's a made-up holiday. I'll buy flowers for the gf or take her out for dinner whenever I want to, not when some card company tells me to.

I buckled earlier today.. first time in three years getting the missus a card for it...

I think i just decided that the card would be a lot less effort then the flak for not getting her one.

I really really don't understand the point of cards, and i don't think i ever will, valentines day or otherwise.

Suite at The Sherlock Holmes on Baker Street, dinner at the Royal China down the road, off to Venice at the weekend.
If I'm going to make the effortthen it's going to be on something I'll enjoy.... there won't be any cards, or flowers.

Well, my missus chose this week (which is also half-term for the kids) to volunteer for a 4-day stint at her Swansea office.

Says it all really.

If she's lucky, I might flash my dingdong at her when she gets back.

Suite at The Sherlock Holmes on Baker Street, dinner at the Royal China down the road, off to Venice at the weekend.
If I'm going to make the effortthen it's going to be on something I'll enjoy.... there won't be any cards, or flowers.

TC - I work on Chiltern street. Been to Royal China - DO NOT fudgeIN GO THERE. It is utter brick dude. go Indali if ya want something cool.

Buying nada for the wife.

We have fantastic holidays and meals out all year round whlst not getting mugged so the corporates can go fudge themselves.

I buy flowers occasionally, 'just because', far cheaper.

We went out a few times back in the day, sat around paying through the nose watching other miserable couples on their 'annual date'? No thanks!

TC - I work on Chiltern street. Been to Royal China - DO NOT fudgeIN GO THERE. It is utter brick dude. go Indali if ya want something cool.

:) its not that bad.. Atmosphere not great, interior a bit dated, but I've enjoyed the food whenever I've been there before.

Not really a fan of indian food so wouldn't go to Indali.

Back