• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unpopular opinions

Continuing from the Beckham theme earlier...

I think Wayne Rooney was massively overrated. Somehow he kept being selected by England and Manchester United yet he was never consistent, rarely shone on the big stage, and I think there are other players who if presented with the same opportunities would have done a lot more with them.

I think Wayne Rooney was massively overrated. Somehow he kept being selected by England and Manchester United yet he was never consistent, rarely shone on the big stage, and I think there are other players who if presented with the same opportunities would have done a lot more with them.

Agree with this.

Its funny ( not really) but two of the most over rated players i have seen in the Prem both played for the same club.

To be fair, Rooney almost won England a tournament single handed before Carvalho got him sent off. Beckham never did anything like that (and I'm not including his free kick against Greece, as if he was any good we wouldn't have needed it).

Too many of the cyclists on the road are clams. There is constant publicity about how drivers are idiots, how drivers should be careful about cyclists..and yet...nothing is said about cyclists ineptitude and attitude. I've seen cyclists cycling one handed, cyclists on the phone, cyclists cutting through red lights, cyclists not using lights at night, cyclists not wearing helmets, cyclists on the pavement, list goes on...

I'm well aware there are some good cyclists out there but there is a lot of clams too.

Motorcyclists tinkle me off the way that they think they're entitled to literally drive on the other side of the road to overtake traffic lanes..not a bad thing when no traffic is coming the other way. But, when there is traffic, they don't care and expect oncoming traffic to make way. Plus they overtake at lights, like they have this I'm built sense of entitlement. Scooter drivers are worse, don't even get me started on them.

Drivers are park their car half on the pavement with their hazard lights on, just for their convenience rather than as they have a problem with their vehicle. There is a lorry that does this almost daily nearly where I live, and in doing so dangerously blocks off one of two lanes of traffic.

Cars that are in the wrong lane. Cars that overtake then go slowly. Cars that don't indicate. Cars that change lanes in front of you without looking. Cars that you let through and then don't have the courtesy to say thank you.

Horses shouldn't be on the roads. Far too dangerous. Many country roads are 50mph and upwards, yet you come around a bend to be confronted by a horse! It's not realistic for horse riders to think that riding on modern roads is safe. Stick to bridle ways/paths/fields which are more appropriate! This seems like a throwback to the old days, days in which there was less traffic and so horse riders could enjoy more freedom and time on the road. Those days are gone.

Too many of the cyclists on the road are clams. There is constant publicity about how drivers are idiots, how drivers should be careful about cyclists..and yet...nothing is said about cyclists ineptitude and attitude. I've seen cyclists cycling one handed, cyclists on the phone, cyclists cutting through red lights, cyclists not using lights at night, cyclists not wearing helmets, cyclists on the pavement, list goes on...

I'm well aware there are some good cyclists out there but there is a lot of clams too.

Motorcyclists tinkle me off the way that they think they're entitled to literally drive on the other side of the road to overtake traffic lanes..not a bad thing when no traffic is coming the other way. But, when there is traffic, they don't care and expect oncoming traffic to make way. Plus they overtake at lights, like they have this I'm built sense of entitlement. Scooter drivers are worse, don't even get me started on them.

Drivers are park their car half on the pavement with their hazard lights on, just for their convenience rather than as they have a problem with their vehicle. There is a lorry that does this almost daily nearly where I live, and in doing so dangerously blocks off one of two lanes of traffic.

Cars that are in the wrong lane. Cars that overtake then go slowly. Cars that don't indicate. Cars that change lanes in front of you without looking. Cars that you let through and then don't have the courtesy to say thank you.

Horses shouldn't be on the roads. Far too dangerous. Many country roads are 50mph and upwards, yet you come around a bend to be confronted by a horse! It's not realistic for horse riders to think that riding on modern roads is safe. Stick to bridle ways/paths/fields which are more appropriate! This seems like a throwback to the old days, days in which there was less traffic and so horse riders could enjoy more freedom and time on the road. Those days are gone.

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre?

When people set up a JustGiving website page to raise money for a personal pleasure. fudge off! I have to raise money for my own holidays, why the fudge are you trying to coin it off of sympathisers.

Plus they overtake at lights, like they have this I'm built sense of entitlement. Scooter drivers are worse, don't even get me started on them.
I don't mind proper motorcyclists doing this - they'll always be faster on their bike than I will be in my car (I'll leave the suggestion that people in slow cars should allow me to overtake whenever I want for another time).

Scooter riders are clams though. They act like they're on a proper motorbike and file to the front at lights but then slow me down because they can't accelerate nearly as quickly as any half-decent car.

When people set up a JustGiving website page to raise money for a personal pleasure. fudge off! I have to raise money for my own holidays, why the fudge are you trying to coin it off of sympathisers.

Got asked to donate 20 pence a mile for the fat bird who works on the customer service desk she is doing a 10 mile walk, which frankly she needs. But the money is going to a donkey sanctuary in Cornwall. Madness.

Back