• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Two players from Spurs history that would make us champions

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Bit of fun.

If you could have two players from the entire Spurs history in the current squad, playing in Ange's formation/style. Who would they be?

Bale and Mackay.

Still don't think it would be enough. Probably need kane and hoddle aswell. Possibly modric.

Son kane bale

Modric Mackay Hoddle

Tough question, but from the players I've seen in my lifetime, probably Kane and Dembele. Or Kane and Modric. Not sure if that's enough to win it, TBF, but with Dembele providing more defensive solidity and Kane being Kane both in terms of goals and overall play, we'd be a lot better off.

Edit - this could IMO be a very good team:

Vicario
Porro - Romero - VDV - Udogie
Dembele - Maddison - Bentancour
Johnson - Kane - Son

Graham Souness and then any one of our world class departures, Modric, Kane, Bale or Berbatov possibly even Carrick or Walker.

We’d need a few of these at their best if you ask me.

Specifically relating to our current system, strengths and gaps. And also based only on players I've seen myself (so 1988 onward). I would say Modric and Lineker.

Modric as the #4 who moves the ball incredibly quickly.

Lineker as the striker who had the best movement and could find those gaps in the box, to deal with the deep-set defences.

Graham Souness and then any one of our world class departures, Modric, Kane, Bale or Berbatov possibly even Carrick or Walker.

We’d need a few of these at their best if you ask me.
Carrick is a great shout. Could definitely use his discipline, poise and class in central midfield at the moment.

Mackay could have been anything you needed in the centre of the pitch, right?
And the finisher to put away enough of the opportunities that we'll create...Lineker is the one from my lifetime that comes to mind but surely Greaves could do that and more.

I think Bale is a definite as he played in a position we can currently upgrade on.

Modric, Carrick or Dembele for the 6 would significantly improve us.

Kane for obvious reasons.

Gazza for either the 8 or 10 role, but we’re currently “ok” there really, other areas are far more in need of upgrading.

I’ll go for Bale + Modric based on the positions in most need of upgrading. Though I think if you dropped Gazza in there he could be winning games on his own.

Back