• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TV Extended Warranties..

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Obviously brought my new tv back in June, I didnt take out the extended warranty, obviously I get a years guarantee from Samsung anyhow...

Is it worth taking out extended warranty cover for another 3 years, comet want £20 a month for 10 months to do it

Thoughts ??

That price sounds a bit excessive?? Though I've never bought an extended warranty. I bought my last TV from John Lewis, 5 year guarantee as standard

I know, im sure i would be able to get one cheaper from somewhere, is it worth doing though, I suppose if the tv breaks after say 18 months and i have to buy another one than yes but honestly what are the chances ???

Mate don't bother.

It's HIGHLY unlikely it will break

Extended warranties is a scam

Save up the £20 a month instead

If it does break in a few years time, you'll have the money to replace it anyway

If it doesn't break (likely scenario), then use the money for a MASSIVE night in Browns

I've got a 37" Toshiba LCD in our attic room, which I purchased about 8 years ago

Not even a hint of trouble with it

You have a good brand TV. It'll probably keep going forever

Mate don't bother.

It's HIGHLY unlikely it will break

Extended warranties is a scam

Save up the £20 a month instead

If it does break in a few years time, you'll have the money to replace it anyway

If it doesn't break (likely scenario), then use the money for a MASSIVE night in Browns

Exactly this.

NEVER take out extended warranties. If you want, save the money in case.

I agree with not taking it out, but the missus thinks the opposite do last TV we bought we got the ext warranty.

And thank fudge we did. After about 2 years the plasma started having a red misty area in the dark spots. Happened so gradually we didn't really notice it.

So got a replacement and since our particular TV wasn't built anymore ended up getting a bigger 3D one.

But now the missus is adamant that even if we get a toaster, we need the warranty.

Which is why their prices are always much more than anyone else.

You need to check yoself before you wreck yoself blud. John Lewis will price match EVERY major high street retailer AND give you their gaurentee.

And before anyone burbles on about using different product codes I've managed it twice with them now and I know others that have as well on various different electronics.

You need to check yoself before you wreck yoself blud. John Lewis will price match EVERY major high street retailer AND give you their gaurentee.

And before anyone burbles on about using different product codes I've managed it twice with them now and I know others that have as well on various different electronics.

Who buys off a high street retailer these days anyway!? :lol:

Anyway, my stuff is all covered under my contents insurance so I never go down the road of paying twice.

I get free extended warranty via my bank account for an additional 2 years

To be honest TV's dont really seem to go wrong from what I've seen, if they do then it will be within first few months if you get a duff screen.

That price sounds a bit excessive?? Though I've never bought an extended warranty. I bought my last TV from John Lewis, 5 year guarantee as standard

Same thing I did in November. My tv was cheaper on Amazon but had it had the standard 1 year guarantee, so I got it at John Lewis

Back