• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

images

Jim you dirty old man..... :)
Wond
Maybe there was something in this game for two in a bed.

Presume she got her bfh

This is just an interesting bit from Mourinho about transfers - he explains that his success at Chelsea in the 2000's was built on an aggressive transfer strategy that went out and got players that he asked for, and needed to get - sometimes stars, sometimes players others weren't sure about (like Ricardo Carvalho), sometimes relatively lesser-known players (Drogba at Marseille).

Aggressive, 'straight to the target', and two years of unprecedented success resulted. Something he mentions Liverpool have also now done, backing Klopp - they wanted a goalkeeper, they didn't mess about, they went out and got Alisson.

What's interesting about this is that, as per some opinions, we ostensibly do have that policy in place - if Poch really wants a player, we'll move.

However, in reality, I think we don't - if Poch wants the right player *and he fits into the price Levy is willing to pay*, then we move. And that price is likely somewhere around zero net, so we instead sit on our hands.

So we're following the theory, but not the practice of it. :p And it isn't like Liverpool have an Abramovich at their head- just owners willing to spend a bit more than our cheapskates.

Ah, well. Hopefully our next owners are more in line with that mould, and we can really target the big prizes with them.

If there is any legs in the Rossi pay as you play deal we should get it done.

I can’t see how he can be worse than Llorente?

If he is than he isn’t played or paid....

The Geordie pikey would be ok for the last 2 mins when chasing a game or to defend for 2 mins against an aerial onslaught, but what about the rest of the game?
That said, route one for a few games would be amusing.

This is just an interesting bit from Mourinho about transfers - he explains that his success at Chelsea in the 2000's was built on an aggressive transfer strategy that went out and got players that he asked for, and needed to get - sometimes stars, sometimes players others weren't sure about (like Ricardo Carvalho), sometimes relatively lesser-known players (Drogba at Marseille).

Aggressive, 'straight to the target', and two years of unprecedented success resulted. Something he mentions Liverpool have also now done, backing Klopp - they wanted a goalkeeper, they didn't mess about, they went out and got Alisson.

What's interesting about this is that, as per some opinions, we ostensibly do have that policy in place - if Poch really wants a player, we'll move.

However, in reality, I think we don't - if Poch wants the right player *and he fits into the price Levy is willing to pay*, then we move. And that price is likely somewhere around zero net, so we instead sit on our hands.

So we're following the theory, but not the practice of it. [emoji14] And it isn't like Liverpool have an Abramovich at their head- just owners willing to spend a bit more than our cheapskates.

Ah, well. Hopefully our next owners are more in line with that mould, and we can really target the big prizes with them.
Quite a bit of what Liverpool have spent was as a result of selling Coutinho. Like when we spent the Bale money. Yes they have spent more on top of that, but not an outrageous amount. And they haven't had a new stadium to build.

Another striker that the system won’t work with.

I actually rate him when fit as well

He marginally quicker than Fernando when both are fit. Quite like him (on the rare occasion) he’s fit.
He looked well tinkled off with Pellergrini on Saturday.
This is a decision Pochettino may make if Llorente is off to Spain, maybe?

So we're following the theory, but not the practice of it. :p And it isn't like Liverpool have an Abramovich at their head- just owners willing to spend a bit more than our cheapskates.

Liverpool aren’t spending £1bn on a new stadium are they?!

Anyone who thinks Poch is going to agree to Saha and Nelsen type signings really hasn't got him yet

Where do you draw the line though? We're playing Thursday, Sunday,Wednesday, Saturday(12:30 - complete joke that when we are playing on the Weds night before. Emirates Marketing Project , Man Utd and Liv all with 4 days rest against our 2).

I know we'll be absolutely fine in 6 weeks when this period of injury/unavailability clears up but if a short term fix meant an extra 2/3 points then it could be vital.

FWIW I don't think we'll see any in's, as I think Poch will sweat it until Son returns and then gradually players will be back.

I do however worry that with the above schedule the injury situation could actually worsen.

Back