• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Agree with a lot of what you said, but I was thinking the other day when everyone was being down on our full backs - how many have better than us? You call them sub standard, I think thats really harsh. I dont see many of our rivals having better full backs than us at all, with the exception of Walker at City I dont even see any of theirs as an upgrade. Im not suggesting ours are perfect by any stretch, but I think there arent many top class full backs around and all in all whilst not being the complete package ours are are more than good enough....

We are always down on our players
I see it all the time in the comments about how poor our CMs are in comparison to everyone else
Everyone was saying we need Jorginho or Kovacic who both went to Chelsea
Our midfield completely outplayed them in the league
And their midfield didn’t create any clean cut chances of note in rhe league cup game when they were dominant for once
Hell thats £100m worth of players who IMO aren’t better than we have

I see it all the time in the comments about how poor our CMs are in comparison to everyone else
And their midfield didn’t create any clean cut chances of note in rhe league cup game when they were dominant for once

I don’t think people down on the CM, I think people saw it (correctly) as an area of concern with Wanyama/Dembele injured Winks coming back from a long term injury.

How affective would Jorginho be in our team with better forwards?

I agree in general we can be over critical, but I do think both Jorginho and Kovacic would be fantastic assets in our team/squad. Lets not forget that its their first half season in the PL, and also that Poch would get them coached into our system....

And was out of contract in 6 months! 11m considering is decent.

Does it mean we will buy, or was he only taking up wages anyway, so we decided to shift him?

Unless we try the £50m + market for a 'quality' replacement e.g. a Doucouré type, which I just don't see, we will NOT buy.

I'd love us to sign Ndombele. Can't see it happening but he's got some real talent.
Be interesting to see if we replace Moose or just leave the pathway for Skipp. I always like to see Eriksen playing a bit deeper so maybe just a slight change in system

We wanted him before he went to Barca, then got Moura.

I can understand that we might still like him, but not entirely sure we need him?

That said, Im not against padding our AM options with the understanding Son is Kanes back up.

Llorente out, Malcolm in, not the end of the world IMO.

Also, from another angle, Eriksen and/or Alli are being groomed as CM players rather than AM, and so we need more AM options.

Again, not one Im against really.

Not sure I trust anything reported from Italy (even less than anything else) but :

If we are talking to Lyon Id rather the conversation be about NDombele

EDIT: That being said, the same logic applies as with Malcom - and Id even suggest Fekir is more suited to us.

Plus getting one over Liverpool is always nice.

And with 18 months on his deal its exactly the sort of situation we like to get involved with.

We wanted him before he went to Barca, then got Moura.

I can understand that we might still like him, but not entirely sure we need him?

That said, Im not against padding our AM options with the understanding Son is Kanes back up.

Llorente out, Malcolm in, not the end of the world IMO.

Also, from another angle, Eriksen and/or Alli are being groomed as CM players rather than AM, and so we need more AM options.

Again, not one Im against really.

Sort of covered it - but he would be Llorentes replacement - able to play accross the front 3.

Don’t really watch the Spanish league - why hasn’t it worked for him?

Back