• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

That lad will tear it up at a side given a chance

Everton are killing him and playing inferior players ahead of him because their names

Are you sure about that? Or is he just not good enough to get into the Everton starting 11? Didn't BFS leave him out as well as Silva? Can't be a coincidence...

If he was as good as everyone says, he'd be starting surely? If he's not good enough for Everton, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

Was watching Everton earlier and in particular Gomes. Admittedly I have only seen him a few times but he doesn't really tickle my fancy (add your own jokes here). I think we can do better.

He's a Jorge Mendes client, so it was always unlikely that we were interested anyway.

If we're looking for a left-sided centre back, I think we should definitely take a look at Mario Hermoso, from Espanyol. He's only 23, but he's had a fantastic first half of the season, and he's been credibly linked to Madrid (who were the ones who originally sold him to Espanyol back in July 2017).

He's left-footed, and although it *is* a Youtube video, this looks pretty damn impressive - it's not just his pace and his defensive tenacity, but his skills on the ball that have me interested. He's very adept on the ball, and sprays around long passes with surprising ease.

Apparently, he also has a 40m euro release clause, which means he'd likely be cheaper than Ake. The only downside that's immediately apparent to me is his height - he's a shade over 6 feet, but he's still a little shorter than all of Toby, Sanchez and (especially) Verts. Not sure how that affects his aerial prowess, or if it has any effect at all, but worth nothing.

On the whole, he seems very talented. Poch knows centre-backs. Poch knows Espanyol inside out. Worth checking out, imo.

Oh, one more thing - AS and Marca both reported that Madrid had a buy-back clause on the guy of just 15 million euros, and are also owed 50% of his future transfer fee (I think) - making his effective buy-back clause just 7.5m euros for them.

They also reported that Madrid would move for him, but that seems to have died down amidst the good form of Javi Hernandez. Still, worth noting - it might be a bit tricky if Madrid decide to move first on this guy.

Are you sure about that? Or is he just not good enough to get into the Everton starting 11? Didn't BFS leave him out as well as Silva? Can't be a coincidence...

If he was as good as everyone says, he'd be starting surely? If he's not good enough for Everton, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

No I’m not sure a site just my opinion. But BFS loaned him out to Germany where he was very good and red bull wanted to sign him. Silva has brought in players so IMO has to play them first otherwise he would be undermining himself

The lad is at the wrong club

Everton fans don't fancy him from what I have read, tend to think fans of the club who watch him every week know a bit more than those who watch the odd match and highlights ... That's not to say they are always right or he may be good in a different team.

Have never been overly impressed with him. Excelling in that league is quite easy when you look at the lads that came here and failed because they couldn’t hack it

IMHO, something about the French league tends to mean players transition pretty well.

Players to come from France who have done well have taken minimal time to settle.

Those that didnt were basically never good enough.

We need a CM badly .. Winks isn't the answer, Sissoko is doing the shift work, but a quality CM needed alongside ...

I have liked the look of Loftus Cheek this season in the limited time he's had, seems to have the attributes that a good coach like Poch could turn into a top level player. I think he'd be open to leaving but Chelsea wouldn't sell to us. If he has any sense he should really push for a move, it's fairly obvious that Sarri doesn't fancy him and Barkley gets in ahead of him.

Everton fans don't fancy him from what I have read, tend to think fans of the club who watch him every week know a bit more than those who watch the odd match and highlights ... That's not to say they are always right or he may be good in a different team.

Really
The Everton fans I know rate him highly and think he is already more effective than walcott

Back