• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Reports in Italy suggest Tottenham and Emirates Marketing Project are chasing 18-year-old defender and AC Milan wonderkid Raoul Bellanova. (Football London)

Bayern Munich are in the best position to sign Roma winger Cengiz Under but Arsenal and Tottenham have also registered their interest in the 21-year-old Turkey international. (ESPN)

BARCA TO WIN RABIOT RACE

Barcelona are set to win the race to sign Adrien Rabiot from PSG, according to Le Parisien.

With the 23-year-old out of contract in the summer and no closer to agreeing renewed terms to stay in Paris, Barca are among a number of teams tracking his situation.

They appear to have won the race for the France international, but it is unclear if Rabiot will move next month or at the end of the season.

Ok hands on the table time: what do people think we will do in January, and what type of players will we bring in (if any:eek:)?

give away / loan - Nkoudou / Jansen
let Vorm leave on a free
try to get cash for Wanyama (westham?) and Dembele.

All of a sudden we have space for foreign players again and our squad is not really the weaker as they are not getting time anyway (other than Dembele who I would not be worried if stays).

Ok hands on the table time: what do people think we will do in January, and what type of players will we bring in (if any:eek:)?

I think, much like the summer, we will be bound by exits.

It may be we have to literally give some players away just to make space for arrivals. Though Id imagine anything we can get for them will be re-invested in the squad.

Realistically, at this point, Vorm, NKoudou, Wanyama, Dembele, Llorente, Janssen could go without us even noticing.

And thats before the like of Rose, Sissoko, Alderweireld, Trippier/Aurier where we might be open to big offers.

How any of that goes, will likely dictate what business we actually can do.

What will we do? I think if we can we will make serious attempts at Rabiot and/or NDombele.

Both are the sort of players, in both style and profile, that we like to go for - and we are DESPERATE for CM reinforcements.

I know Barca are in for Rabiot, but I also know we have been courting him a long time. Who is to say where his preference will be? He might anticipate more games with us, for example.

NDombele is a crown jewel at Lyon, but money talks, and they arent exactly flush (while he didnt cost them much either).

So who knows?

Otherwise I suppose we might take a shot at some promising youth. The lad at Hull was linked the other day (winger, Bowden I think), for £10m, a buy and loan back wouldnt surprise me in the least.

EDIT: Yes, Bowden. 6 goals and 3 assists in a very iffy Hull side is a pretty decent season so far

I think, much like the summer, we will be bound by exits.

It may be we have to literally give some players away just to make space for arrivals. Though Id imagine anything we can get for them will be re-invested in the squad.

Realistically, at this point, Vorm, NKoudou, Wanyama, Dembele, Llorente, Janssen could go without us even noticing.

And thats before the like of Rose, Sissoko, Alderweireld, Trippier/Aurier where we might be open to big offers.

How any of that goes, will likely dictate what business we actually can do.

What will we do? I think if we can we will make serious attempts at Rabiot and/or NDombele.

Both are the sort of players, in both style and profile, that we like to go for - and we are DESPERATE for CM reinforcements.

I know Barca are in for Rabiot, but I also know we have been courting him a long time. Who is to say where his preference will be? He might anticipate more games with us, for example.

NDombele is a crown jewel at Lyon, but money talks, and they arent exactly flush (while he didnt cost them much either).

So who knows?

Otherwise I suppose we might take a shot at some promising youth. The lad at Hull was linked the other day (winger, Bowden I think), for £10m, a buy and loan back wouldnt surprise me in the least.

EDIT: Yes, Bowden. 6 goals and 3 assists in a very iffy Hull side is a pretty decent season so far

Very interesting re Bowden, I hadn't noticed that link (or maybe i did and didn't take it seriously..)
But i agree CM is desperately needed; i'd imagine N'Dombele is the ideal but not sure about Rabiot: he certainly has the skills but his temperament seems very iffy and very un-Poch like.

I wonder if there is another CM we haven't really thought about who is on standby who when he is revealed we'll all go "oh of course, why didn't we think of that" lol.
One can only but hope..

If we bring in a CM I think it will be someone who we have not been linked with or the Columbian from the summer. N'Domblele is unlikely to leave as they are in the CL, Rabiot is Barca bound and Grealish has now been priced out of "punt territory".

Was going to mention Rafihnha as we were linked in the summer but he is out for the season.

Its possible, but these days less likely.

I suspect who ever we do go for will be relatively obvious, and IMO Rabiot and NDombele have our MO written all over them.

Bowden came up a few days ago, and is another that has that ring of "typical spurs" about him.

Very interesting re Bowden, I hadn't noticed that link (or maybe i did and didn't take it seriously..)
But i agree CM is desperately needed; i'd imagine N'Dombele is the ideal but not sure about Rabiot......

Rabiot's wages will be totally outside out budget methinks

If we bring in a CM I think it will be someone who we have not been linked with or the Columbian from the summer. N'Domblele is unlikely to leave as they are in the CL, Rabiot is Barca bound and Grealish has now been priced out of "punt territory".

Was going to mention Rafihnha as we were linked in the summer but he is out for the season.

Forgot about the Columbian lad (Barrios?) - another that is very much our sort of move.

Im not sure NDombele is out of the question, as I said - money talks. I would expect them to make us pay, but the question is more whether or not we would pay, rather than whether or not they would sell IMO.

French midfielder Adrien Rabiot has received support from the global union of professional footballers (Fifpro) as he tries to "buy his freedom" from PSG.

Rabiot's contract is due to expire in the summer and the 23-year-old's agent says he is "determined to leave".

After missing Tuesday's win over Orleans, his agent and mother Veronique Rabiot told radio station RTL the situation had "totally deteriorated".

In a statement, Fifpro said Rabiot "has the right not to sign" a new deal.

Rabiot has reportedly been told by PSG's sporting director Antero Henrique that he will not play for the club again until he signs a new deal, and RTL say the French champions will allow him to leave the Parc des Princes in the summer.

Fifpro added: "Is football about winning matches or making profits? Jean-Marc Bosman fought for this right and Fifpro defend it."

Former Belgian player Bosman fought alongside the union in the 1990s for the free movement of European players in the European Union.

His case has since developed and allowed any player in the European Union to freely engage with the team of his choice at the end of his contract.

Rabiot had been linked with a move to Barcelona last summer, something his mother confirmed she was aware of, while Liverpool are also reportedly interested in the midfielder who has won six caps for France.

"We're not allowed to talk to any club until 1 January and I will not discuss with any club before 1 January," she told the French radio station.

"During the transfer window of summer, I had told Mr Henrique that I wanted Adrien on the transfer list and he wanted to leave.

"The club did not want to sell Adrien. There was a proposal from Barcelona during the transfer window - the club refused. The club has the full right to refuse, but we can not say he was not aware.

"The situation was the same four years ago. When Adrien was 19, he did not resist and signed an extension. Now he is 23. What he is doing now is buying his freedom.

"It is firm and definitive. It is impossible to go back."

One difference is that Vorm and Dembele are now in the final few months of their contracts, so we can simply write them off/not name them in the squad, and not lose any real value on them.

While we can, Im not sure we would, ahem...

Anyone who thinks Poch will 'agitate', I think doesn't have a real sense of the man. Everything I've observed of him so far, I'd put his level of integrity up there with the Dalai Lama

They have given Poch nothing but good service, no reason at all for him to treat them that way, so Im pretty sure he wont.

More likely we will let them go for markedly less than we were willing to in the summer.

Back