• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Big few days coming up for us. We NEED to do something by Thursday, we can’t just accept “we tried” Three points on Wednesday and a couple of players coming in and things will look a little brighter.

The only thing I can see a need for is another strong midfield player. With Dembele leaving, Rabiot would be a natural fit. Young, skilled, strong on the ball, decent wheels getting about and ambitious.

Wouldn't view him as anything more than a short term project unless he establishes himself and becomes well integrated into the core group. But the presence of Moura and Aurier from PSG and Lloris should serve to offer a strong perspective of where his head and heart are at.

Both parties have a lot to gain if it works out.

The only thing I can see a need for is another strong midfield player. With Dembele leaving, Rabiot would be a natural fit. Young, skilled, strong on the ball, decent wheels getting about and ambitious.

Wouldn't view him as anything more than a short term project unless he establishes himself and becomes well integrated into the core group. But the presence of Moura and Aurier from PSG and Lloris should serve to offer a strong perspective of where his head and heart are at.

Both parties have a lot to gain if it works out.

It's the one I think maybe has a chance. Like Moura 12 months ago, it just kind of makes sense for all three parties.

we def need one midfielder to replace Dembele, why do they keep saying we need to sell to free up places, doesnt dembele place count??

we def need one midfielder to replace Dembele, why do they keep saying we need to sell to free up places, doesnt dembele place count??

We've still got too many - Foyth couldn't play in the CL and Janssen I don't think was in either the PL or CL squads.

So I think we're now (minus Dembele) down to 17 overseas players for the EPL and 18 for the CL (with the maximum for both being 17)

We've still got too many - Foyth couldn't play in the CL and Janssen I don't think was in either the PL or CL squads.

So I think we're now (minus Dembele) down to 17 overseas players for the EPL and 18 for the CL (with the maximum for both being 17)

well we dont need 3 x right backs and 3 goalkeepers registered for one game in the CL, cant see us beating Dortmond so no need to have that quota of GK or RB's

But for every signing, someone else has to be knocked out the squad. We really need to sell Janssen, Nkoudou and Wanyama this week (Vorm and Llorente don't matter as they are out of contract in June).

But for every signing, someone else has to be knocked out the squad. We really need to sell Janssen, Nkoudou and Wanyama this week (Vorm and Llorente don't matter as they are out of contract in June).

No we dont.

We can loan them, or let them rot. We cant NOT strengthen the team because we still have Jansen on the books FFS.

Ideally things can work out for all, Im sure Jansens agent is ringing round now chasing a deal for example, but if we need to we must be ruthless.

No we dont.

We can loan them, or let them rot. We cant NOT strengthen the team because we still have Jansen on the books FFS.

Ideally things can work out for all, Im sure Jansens agent is ringing round now chasing a deal for example, but if we need to we must be ruthless.

Janssen's wages for the rest of the season could be £2m. And the ongoing depreciation in his value double or treble that.

Getting rid of them now is more so we have the squad places and cash in the bank for the summer, so we don't have the same issues for the 3rd window running

Back