• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

We need the RIGHT players.

No longer are we a team where just about anyone we sign stands a chance of making a difference.

We are a high level side, it takes even higher level players to impact. Expensive, already coveted players, that generally are out of our reach.

At any time these days we probably only need 1 or 2 in, but find them and getting them is incredibly hard.

Hence taking punts on the like of N'Koudou and N'Jie.

Basically its easy to say "We should buy a CM this window.." but its far from easy to actually achieve!

We need the RIGHT players.

No longer are we a team where just about anyone we sign stands a chance of making a difference.

We are a high level side, it takes even higher level players to impact. Expensive, already coveted players, that generally are out of our reach.

At any time these days we probably only need 1 or 2 in, but find them and getting them is incredibly hard.

Hence taking punts on the like of N'Koudou and N'Jie.

Basically its easy to say "We should buy a CM this window.." but its far from easy to actually achieve!

A new N'Kane ?

I was thinking yesterday, who was our last January signing to make an impact on the second half of the season? I couldn't think of anyone since Palacios.

I was thinking yesterday, who was our last January signing to make an impact on the second half of the season? I couldn't think of anyone since Palacios.

There was a list a few weeks ago

It was depressing.

Even more so if you take Alli out.

Tottenham set to complete first signing
Tottenham are confident of winning the Premier League scrap for Stevenage starlet Ben Wilmot.
Rookie defender Wilmot, 18, is heading to the top-flight in a £850,000 deal this month.
Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton and Southampton all also fancy Wilmot, who was given his big break by the League Two club this season.
Stevenage could also be raided for highly-rated teenage striker Mark McKee before the month is out.
Boro boss Darren Sarll said: “Part of my job is to produce players for the club to be financially compensated for in whatever way.”

Tottenham set to complete first signing
Tottenham are confident of winning the Premier League scrap for Stevenage starlet Ben Wilmot.
Rookie defender Wilmot, 18, is heading to the top-flight in a £850,000 deal this month.
Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton and Southampton all also fancy Wilmot, who was given his big break by the League Two club this season.
Stevenage could also be raided for highly-rated teenage striker Mark McKee before the month is out.
Boro boss Darren Sarll said: “Part of my job is to produce players for the club to be financially compensated for in whatever way.”

There was also some link to an 18 year-old defender playing France over the weekend, in addition to that young Germany forward from Hamburg at the end of last week. Dont mind seeing us look to buy some players who've had a handful of senior appearances

Such a bizarre story, and it actually seems to have something to it.

I dont think Carroll is a bad player. Obviously excellent in the air, but also a decent enough footballer. Good outside the box and makes good runs.

However, he is literally never fit. And I dont see him replacing Costa in any way shape or form.

And why on earth would West Ham loan him out? He is a classic Moyes player, and its not like Hernandez is hitting form.

I remember seeing Carroll play against us at WHL and the one thing that stuck in my memory was that he appeared to spend his time looking to kick people, particularly Dawson. He's good in the air as he is reckless in his approach to the ball, but his fitness is poor both through injury and condition, he's a good desperation sub when a team is chasing a game but as a starter he's a possible liability as he's a red card walking, would be a perfect fit for Chelsea.

Back