• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I think it's more his age, that he's still potentially malleable. Whereas other English wingers like Townsend, Zaha, Walcott, Welbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc. are all already at their peak.
I really don't see it, the raw skill to mold into any thing and at 21 he is young but I would want more.

I think it's more his age, that he's still potentially malleable. Whereas other English wingers like Townsend, Zaha, Walcott, Welbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc. are all already at their peak.

Zaha doesnt belong in that list, he is clearly still growing as a player.

I just watched the City game and, frankly, your opinions on him are at least 3 seasons out of date.

The others?

Walcott and Welbeck are strikers. Chamberlain a midfielder. And Townsend we already know is rubbish. It shows your bias you try to even group them.

Random blog, so shovel of salt and that...

Tottenham quoted cut rate price for long time transfer target

by Rucker Haringey8 minutes agoFollow @RuckerHaringey

Tottenham are looking for midfield help

Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but Tottenham are interested in purchasing Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic. This isn’t the first time Spurs have tried to sign the talented Croatian, but the is significant reason to believe things may go differently this time around.

Reports from Italy claim that Inter Milan are ready to let Brozovic go for less than £15 million. That represents a massive discount from the Serie A club’s previous asking prices. In windows past, Inter have wanted to receive at least £30 million for the versatile midfielder.

That price has put Daniel Levy and company off. Logic would lead you to believe that Tottenham would be very interested at Brozovic at such a discount.

Even though he’s been on the club’s radar for several years, he’s still just 25. That places him squarely in his prime. Perhaps more importantly, it puts him right in line with the ages of Pochettino’s current core.

If you’re wondering where Brozovic would fit in for Spurs, the answer is as a defensive midfielder. He does have a fair amount of offensive talent, but he’s not a natural attacking midfielder. Brozovic would be a logical replacement for Mousa Dembele in Pochettino’s double-pivot. The talented Belgian’s deteriorating health simply won’t allow the club to count on him consistently.

The real question here is whether or not Inter Milan are truly done with Brozovic. Letting such a talented player go for such a discounted transfer fee isn’t exactly astute transfer business. It’s very possible that Inter officials are floating reports of such a discounted sale to the media in order to drum up interest in their star.

The smart money is on Brozovic to leave Inter in January, but it’s unclear whether or not Tottenham will be a real player for his services. Pochettino could definitely use such a versatile talent for his midfield.

Anyone else think Callum Wilson would be a good signing?

Pace and a good finisher

I like Wilson. But there's no point us having a Kane back-up who is under 30. Anyone else is just going to do a Janssen. It needs to be treated like a back-up GK role.

Personally I still Llorente is just the ticket, he's just not fully Poch-ed yet.

I like Wilson. But there's no point us having a Kane back-up who is under 30. Anyone else is just going to do a Janssen. It needs to be treated like a back-up GK role.

Personally I still Llorente is just the ticket, he's just not fully Poch-ed yet.

Wilson can do a decent job out wide as well, so can do a couple of roles rather than Llorente and Janssens one

The Answer may well be another Son esq player who can do 2/3 jobs - with one being the striker

Wilson can do a decent job out wide as well, so can do a couple of roles rather than Llorente and Janssens one

The Answer may well be another Son esq player who can do 2/3 jobs - with one being the striker

That's what I'd like us to get Sancho for - as another up-and-coming Son.

Other options too. A younger player that will be fairly happy with a backup role for a few years. Or as you agree with, someone that can play multiple roles. Preferably someone that ticks both boxes.

I'm reasonably happy with Llorente for now though.
That's what I'd like us to get Sancho for - as another up-and-coming Son.
Just can't see it happening. Doesn't strike me as a Dortmund thing to do.

Anyone else think Callum Wilson would be a good signing?

Pace and a good finisher
Would be a decent signing, but I'm guessing he would be too expensive.

Another that might be too expensive is Calvert Lewin, quite liked the look of him when I've seen him. Young, English, bit of PL experience, can play a couple roles. Everton are signing Tosun and Allardyce seems to prefer Niasse so far (inexplicably to me). So maybe they could be tempted with a reasonable offer.

Another that might be too expensive is Calvert Lewin, quite liked the look of him when I've seen him. Young, English, bit of PL experience, can play a couple roles. Everton are signing Tosun and Allardyce seems to prefer Niasse so far (inexplicably to me). So maybe they could be tempted with a reasonable offer.

They are likely to need to sell to buy too

Calvert-Lewin is home grown and a promising player who is getting regular gametime, I don't think he will want to come and sit on our bench. He know's he won't get many minutes and will never dislodge Kane. From his side it would be a terrible move.

He's not really good enough to play for Everton. He's only done so because they have so few options. Why would want him?

Calvert-Lewin is home grown and a promising player who is getting regular gametime, I don't think he will want to come and sit on our bench. He know's he won't get many minutes and will never dislodge Kane. From his side it would be a terrible move.
Mm, but Allardyce has already said publicly that he wants to bring in another forward player to take the pressure of Calvert-Lewin - i.e. reduce his game time.

You joke, but we all get excited about this window and it’s nearly always ended up with trimming the squad or bringing in poor players.

Alli aside!

Holtby was the last player we brought in during a January transfer window - 5 years ago (Alli was a January signing, but was then immediately loaned out)

Back