• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Man Utd were in for Dier in the summer and he stayed with us. I don't think that we have both gone in for the same player under Poch but I think that we have quite a lot in our favour if it is a young player. I'm not saying that we'd definitely beat them to the player but we have the best chance since decades.

I disagree with you about the relative draws of United and Barca but it seems like a bit of a dead-end discussion.
Not selling a player to Man U is something different to competing against them for a player - but I do agree with most of your post, we at least have a chance with young players vs them. He certainly would be a real coup....

Celtic’s version of Dembele is off to Brighton

Heard they were in for him. They need a striker, Murrary and Hemed are appalling. I know someone who works within the first team squad at Brighton and he would never tell me who they are after because it would cost him his job. But he is a good lad and also as it happens a spurs fan. Told me they are really thin on the ground in terms of players and they have no youth players ready to step up.

So I guess they will be hitting the transfer window, but what I heard from other people was they wanted either Ings or Solanke from Liverpool on loan.

Heard they were in for him. They need a striker, Murrary and Hemed are appalling. I know someone who works within the first team squad at Brighton and he would never tell me who they are after because it would cost him his job. But he is a good lad and also as it happens a spurs fan. Told me they are really thin on the ground in terms of players and they have no youth players ready to step up.

So I guess they will be hitting the transfer window, but what I heard from other people was they wanted either Ings or Solanke from Liverpool on loan.

Murray and Hemed are woeful. They should have scored 5/6 against Watford on Saturday.

Shocked Baldock hasn’t been given a go this season, not that he’s a goal scorer.

I’m sort of shocked we are not back in for him if we were that close before. 18 million is a snip really

Murray and Hemed are woeful. They should have scored 5/6 against Watford on Saturday.

Shocked Baldock hasn’t been given a go this season, not that he’s a goal scorer.

I’m sort of shocked we are not back in for him if we were that close before. 18 million is a snip really

He has a serious heart condition.

I thought Barca wanted Sanchez for their B Team, but we wanted him for the first team?

That was the season before when Sanchez joined Ajax.

But the point remains, Sanchez joined us this summer because he knew he would be getting first 11 football consistently and if he went to Barca that wouldn’t be assured. But the idea that it’s somehow easier to compete with Barca is crazy - if they want someone for their first 11, they are going there ahead of us. But we can compete by offering regular football to younger players.

Which is why we should beat United for Sessegnon and if we don’t I’ll be gutted. There’s no way a young player looks at that club and looks at Mourinho and thinks it’s the best place for their career. Looking at the way he treats players like Mkhitarian and Lindelof, not playing at all for months, not to mention Shaw...I can’t see him going there. Has McTominay started more than one game in the league this year??

I think the Sessegnon, Rose, Shaw thing will have a bit of a saga to run. I think United will know that we would love Sessegnon, and probably know that we’d ideally like to move Rose on to get him. Maybe United are trying to force our hand in one particular way, trying to make us spend more than we would like, or maybe accepting a compromise of Shaw to us while they get Sessegnon and leaving us with an unhappy Rose....hmmm...it’s all very complicated but I don’t think it’s as simple as Sessegnon going to United as a done deal. Sessegnon would suit us down to the ground. And Rose is just the type of annoying, Mourinho style little soldier on the pitch that he would love and would suit them.

In other news, I really hope we can get Barkley in. Will be such a great signing into an area of our squad that needs depth with a lot of games second half of the season.

That was the season before when Sanchez joined Ajax.

But the point remains, Sanchez joined us this summer because he knew he would be getting first 11 football consistently and if he went to Barca that wouldn’t be assured. But the idea that it’s somehow easier to compete with Barca is crazy - if they want someone for their first 11, they are going there ahead of us. But we can compete by offering regular football to younger players.

Which is why we should beat United for Sessegnon and if we don’t I’ll be gutted. There’s no way a young player looks at that club and looks at Mourinho and thinks it’s the best place for their career. Looking at the way he treats players like Mkhitarian and Lindelof, not playing at all for months, not to mention Shaw...I can’t see him going there. Has McTominay started more than one game in the league this year??

I think the Sessegnon, Rose, Shaw thing will have a bit of a saga to run. I think United will know that we would love Sessegnon, and probably know that we’d ideally like to move Rose on to get him. Maybe United are trying to force our hand in one particular way, trying to make us spend more than we would like, or maybe accepting a compromise of Shaw to us while they get Sessegnon and leaving us with an unhappy Rose....hmmm...it’s all very complicated but I don’t think it’s as simple as Sessegnon going to United as a done deal. Sessegnon would suit us down to the ground. And Rose is just the type of annoying, Mourinho style little soldier on the pitch that he would love and would suit them.

In other news, I really hope we can get Barkley in. Will be such a great signing into an area of our squad that needs depth with a lot of games second half of the season.
We signed him late in the window. Difficult to know if the interest from other teams was real enough for them to make a substantial offer.

Back