• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Can’t buy before someone goes. I think alot of our transfer is down to who we can get rid of. There is no point ending up with Davies, Rose & Sess. I think it is the same ting with Lo Celso & Eriksen.

From all that has happened I think GLC is not dependent upon Eriksen going. He is a seperate target that Poch wants. I think Dybala is the one that comes if we lose Eriksen, as there is no way that we could fit everyone in.

Really what we need is for Pogba to fudge off somewhere to get all the cogs turning.

If you had to take one of Welbeck, Sturridge or Adebayor who would you go for!?
Adebayor had the most ability of those 3. Welbeck can't score. Sturridge injury prone.

At this day and age - Sturridge. If they are younger, Adebayor. I would trust Pochettino to handle him.

Can’t buy before someone goes. I think alot of our transfer is down to who we can get rid of. There is no point ending up with Davies, Rose & Sess. I think it is the same ting with Lo Celso & Eriksen.
To my mind we have Trippier and Llorente roles to fill, with Janssens wages part of of the budget too. We should benefit from players rested and recovered from injuries but it doesn’t feel like we have made massive strides in improving the quality of what we had at the beginning of last season except for upgrading Dembele.
I’m hoping there’s a couple more in the pipes before any outs, with plans for Rose, Toby and Eriksen should serious interest be shown.

Re Sessegnon I’d tend to agree but given our long standing interest he could be seen as an attacking option and competition for Lamela? Lo Celso or an equivalent player we would have room for if we see Son and Moura as alternative cfs instead of Llorente. I’d like Alli and Eriksen to have more competition for their places and to be rotated a little, along with being able to change a game from the bench

I think Lo Celso would have been off on holiday anyway - he had those Copa America games to rest up after.

Sessegnon, no idea why it isn't done, and agree with you there. He could have been in and training a long time ago.

Sessegon has been injured all summer hasn't he?

Generally though I agree, great to get Ndombele in early but not too much activity since (Clarke is good but not for the first team squad this season) and feels like there's lots of business to do outgoing as well like Rose, N'Koudou and likely Wanyana as well. Then we need to sign a LB (Sessegon), RB, Attacking Mid (Le Celso), potentially a CB and another midfielder if Eriksen and Toby leave.

On the flipside all the others clubs seem to be in the same position, not much activity has happened.

Emirates Marketing Project enquire about Semedo
Emirates Marketing Project contacted Barcelona to enquire about Nelson Semedo last week.

According to Sport, Barcelona simply pointed to his release clause in response to Pep Guardiola’s enquiry.

They are believed to be keen after Joao Cancelo’s move fell through but Barcelona do not intend to sell the Portuguese defender.

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Huddersfield have opened talks with Tottenham over a deal to sign midfielder Josh Onomah, Football Insiderunderstands.

Onomah has spent the last two seasons out on loan, at Sheffield Wednesday in the last campaign and Aston Villa in the previous one, after slipping down the Spurs pecking order.

A Huddersfield source has told Football Insider that the club are keen to strike a deal for the attacking midfielder, 22, as they look to beat multiple clubs to his signature before the window shuts.

Discussions have begun between the Championship club and the Champions League finalists about a deal that would take Onomah from north London for a third consecutive campaign.

A number of clubs at home and abroad are understood to have made enquiries about Onomah this summer, but Huddersfield are now looking to win the race for him.

The Yorkshire outfit are in the market for midfield reinforcements after selling Philip Billing to Bournemouth for £15million yesterday and they see Onomah as a potential replacement.

Onomah, who made his Tottenham debut aged 17, has been capped by England at Under-21 level and made 32 appearances for the Londoners, mainly as a substitute.

But he is going to find it difficult to break into Pochettino’s plans in the new season, given the quality of the squad at the manager’s disposal.

Club make u-turn over stance on Tottenham player, Pochettino waiting for his transfer
By Naveen Ullal -

30th July 2019

Three days ago, Mundo Deportivo explained Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is so ‘stubborn’ with signing Manchester United’s Paul Pogba that he’s ruled out Christian Eriksen as an alternative to the Frenchman.

Mundo covered those claims after receiving information from Real Madrid’s board.

AS on Tuesday claims otherwise. The Tottenham Hotspur star is not ruled out as a Los Blancos transfer target and has reentered their agenda for next season.

The Denmark international is a second or third choice target for Zidane’s side, while he is also linked with a move to Atletico. The 27-year-old has kept the door open and is waiting for one of the clubs to make an offer.

AS claims the La Liga side reached a verbal agreement with Eriksen earlier in the window and he could leave the north London club for a fee around €70m.

It’s claimed Mauricio Pochettino is planning the new project at Tottenham without Eriksen after he turned down an opportunity to sign an extension.

The former Southampton manager is looking for his employer to sell the player, according to the claims, and it’s also stated the Dane wants to leave.

He’s been waiting for Real Madrid, who are looking to strengthen their midfield in this window. This is only a little hope for him, and it’s largely based on AS believing Pochettino wouldn’t be too sorry to see the player go.

Spurs 'evaluating' Alderweireld bid
Spurs are said to be “evaluating” a bid from Roma for Toby Alderweireld.

The 30-year-old centre-back had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave north London for just £25m. However, that clause expired last week.

But according to Il Messaggero (via Sport Witness), the club are now mulling over an offer from Roma for the defender - with the Belgium international now the Serie A side’s priority in the transfer window.

Zenit in "advanced talks" for Malcom
Zenit Saint Petersburg are in advanced talks with Barcelona over the sale of Malcom.

President of the Russian club, Alexander Metvedev, said: “Negotiations for Malcom are advanced with Barcelona, and we’re going through an active and decisive phase.”

Malcom only signed for Barca in a £36.5 million deal last summer, but started just six matches and is now way down the pecking order at the Nou Camp.

Surprised Zenit have the money for him.
Surprised he would want to go there.

Aren't Juve in a position where they have to sell? Kean is meant to be an excellent talent. Good signing in my opinion.

I don't think that they need to sell but they do have a massive squad and a manager who is reluctant to rotate.

They are currently down about £60m this summer, this move would make it £30m - so I doubt they HAVE to sell for fiscal reasons.

Could just be a squad management thing, they are stacked all through the squad and need to clear the decks IMO.

With Ronaldo and co there would this lad have got any games?

If he is that good they wouldn't have sold him

Wasn't he the player who was racially abused at a match and then the Juve captain (or other senior player) refused to back him, effectively siding with the racist fans?

Edit. No wonder he wanted to leave. We still have problems in England, but he will get support of teammates and the authorities here.

Moise Kean: Serie A opts not to sanction Cagliari for racist abuse

Serie A has decided not to sanction Cagliari for their fans' racist abuse of Moise Kean despite admitting their actions were "reprehensible".

The Juventus forward, 19, suffered racist abuse from the stands during his side's 2-0 win at Cagliari on 2 April.

"It emerged the chants in question, although certainly reprehensible, had an objectively limited relevance to race," the body said.
But Juve manager Massimiliano Allegri and defender Leonardo Bonucci both said Kean should take some of the blame for the way he celebrated.

"He shouldn't have celebrated in that manner," said Allegri. "He is a young man and he has to learn, but certain things from the crowd also shouldn't be heard."

Italy international Bonucci - who scored the opening goal - told Sky Sport Italia: "I think the blame is 50-50. Moise should not have done that and the Curva [fans] should not have reacted in that way."

No better than Lookman other than he is 2 years younger but they lost a homegrown player. Not sure if this is a good deal or an unnecessary.

Back