• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Put it this way, we are expecting to lose 2 of our starting XI in Eriksen and Alderweireld. Lamela and Wanyama are looking perma crocked and need to be replaced whilst we also need to replace Llorente (assuming we don't renew with him). We definitely need a new right back as it seems Trippier is probably off. That's six just to break even so to speak. Then there are the various GKN's and Janssen's in our squad that need to be moved out and replaced with another attacking midfielder/WF.

More so than 2-3, we are due a rebuild. We are looking at a couple of first teamers leaving and quite a few squad players. There isn't enough quality in our academy to just fill those gaps and even with the tentative numbers being thrown around (£60-75m cash free for transfers plus another £100 from sales) we could quite feasibly spend £160m on a few players.

I personally rate Rose as our best LB and if we were getting rid of someone from that area I'd prefer Davies to go.

Ziyech has 2 years left on his contract and is four years older than van de Beek. He may well be looking to try himself outside the Dutch league and wouldn't cost as much.

Ziyech wanted to leave last year, especially after Tadic arrived. But he stayed (lack of interest), knuckled down, and proved that he has the mentality required to play at the very top. But I think age (and also versatility) may well be a factor, which I why I think Poch might prefer someone like Van de Beek. That is also why I think he will definitely keep Davies. Personally I think Rose is better (I hope he stays), but Davies can play CB as well - has done so this year on several occasions. Age and versatility is also why I'm convinced that Poch wants to sign Sessegnon. But to find more than three players with a) those age/versatility concerns; b) Poch's reluctance to sign anyone who does not have the right character; c) our relatively modest budget, and d) other rebuilding projects going on at clubs with more money (Real, Bayern, Man U) is - I think - unrealistic. Two or three good buys would be absolutely great.

Yes, agreed. Like every season, we speculate a lot but we know very little. It is probably safe to think that we are interested in Sessegnon, and I am also pretty certain that Vorm will be allowed to leave. Even with Sessegnon coming in I cannot see Rose or Davies leave. Maybe Poch will consider Davies as a CB, with Jan getting older and Foyth not quite ready yet for the big games? The other thing we know for certain is that Llorente wants a one-year extension to his contract, but the fact that he is so vocal about is tells me he feels he may not get it. That may ultimately depend on the availability of another Son-like player or another understudy for Kane. Is there anything else we know?The rest I think is mostly speculation.

- A Son-like to replace Llorente would be ideal (similar to the Martial links last year, which is almost certainly now a non-starter)
- As would Trippier out, new RB in - priority for a lot of people
- I'm not sure whether a creative CM would be in addition to Wanyama, or instead of him, but thats the one position where I could see there being a net addition, rather than a signing being a replacement
- I reckon if Sessegnon joins then Rose will be sold. He turn 29 this summer, plus in addition to Davies and Sessegnon we'd have Vertonghen and KWP who can also play there if need be

Then there's the deadwood (Vorm, Janssen, GKN) and need to replace any first-team departures

Heres the fun thing, already there are going to be differing opinions.

I would argue that while they have been relatively poor his season our fullbacks are adequate (see - season before) and that the most pressing thing we NEED is a couple of CM signings.

CM is absolutely essential and we need two quality additions, IMO.

After that Id like to see a quality attacking player come in. Lamela just doesnt count, and Llorente just doesnt cut it - we need someone good to rotate in/come off the bench.

After that Im happy to look at fullbacks etc as opportunity knocks...

2 CMs? Which CMs would you shift out?

Put it this way, we are expecting to lose 2 of our starting XI in Eriksen and Alderweireld. Lamela and Wanyama are looking perma crocked and need to be replaced whilst we also need to replace Llorente (assuming we don't renew with him). We definitely need a new right back as it seems Trippier is probably off. That's six just to break even so to speak. Then there are the various GKN's and Janssen's in our squad that need to be moved out and replaced with another attacking midfielder/WF.

More so than 2-3, we are due a rebuild. We are looking at a couple of first teamers leaving and quite a few squad players. There isn't enough quality in our academy to just fill those gaps and even with the tentative numbers being thrown around (£60-75m cash free for transfers plus another £100 from sales) we could quite feasibly spend £160m on a few players.

Are we EXPECTING anyone to go?

There is speculation around Eriksen, but at this point there is as much chance he signs a new deal as anything. Similarly Alderweireld.

And Trippier. He has been poor this year and plenty WANT him to go - but theres nothing tangible to suggest he actually WILL.

IMHO - Llorente, Vorm, Lamela, Janssen, NKoudou, Wanyama and Sissoko can all go, replace them with 2 x CM and 1 x AM/Forward and we are basically balanced out. With additional room in the squad to then be more opportunistic (which may well mean fullbacks etc...).

Then, IF Alderweireld goes, we will need to look to replace him.

Interesting! I wasn't ever Sissoko's biggest fan but I think Dier, Winks, Sissoko, [new creative CM] would have a good blend to it

Ultimately I just dont think he is good enough, nor suited enough.

Im not against keeping either him or Wanyama, but would see them as #5 in the pecking order and a useful squad option and no more.

Sissoko in particular is basically a bull in a china shop. While I dont want that to be how the team is set up, I can certainly see it has its uses on occasion. He has proven useful as a sub to close games out as well.

So if he (or Wanyama) stuck around then fine, though it would obviously impede the opportunities for the like of Skipp.

This one was interesting:
CAIRNEY: THIS PLACE IS HOME

Let's get some more from Tom Cairney, who's signed a new long-term deal that will keep him at Fulham until 2024.

"The club has been amazing to me, and to extend my contract again is an amazing feeling. I want to stay for a long time, and hopefully finish my career here," Cairney told fulhamfctv.

"This place feels like home. I don't think you can put a price on happiness, and your life off the pitch as well, and I can't see myself anywhere else.

"I feel like I've got unfinished business. I want to stay here and I want to get the club back to the Premier League.

"I want to bounce straight back next season. I know how hard the Championship is, but knowing our owners and how ambitious the club is, I'm sure we'll give it a good go."

Good player, quite expected him to stay in the PL.

Are we EXPECTING anyone to go?

There is speculation around Eriksen, but at this point there is as much chance he signs a new deal as anything. Similarly Alderweireld.

And Trippier. He has been poor this year and plenty WANT him to go - but theres nothing tangible to suggest he actually WILL.

I'm expecting Toby to go for his £25m buyout clause. Eriksen is a different question as it would appear that Barca don't need him nor is he a priority for Real. However as someone else said there are rebuilding projects going on at Man UTD and Bayern. Eriksen has been linked with both and both would cough up what he is worth. If not and he renews with us then that's -1 from my total. Trippier has also been linked with UTD, but may stay also however I'm certain we would shift Aurier instead.

I reckon Toby would stay if we offered him say £120k per week - he might be able to get a bit more elsewhere but I'm not sure that anyone would offer him sooo much more that he'd take the risk. He's seemed happy and settled recently

I'm expecting Toby to go for his £25m buyout clause. Eriksen is a different question as it would appear that Barca don't need him nor is he a priority for Real. However as someone else said there are rebuilding projects going on at Man UTD and Bayern. Eriksen has been linked with both and both would cough up what he is worth. If not and he renews with us then that's -1 from my total. Trippier has also been linked with UTD, but may stay also however I'm certain we would shift Aurier instead.
Eriksen I think will only go to Spain, more specifically only to Barcelona. Toby might leave if Bayern come calling, but I don't know if they need him (Hummels is getting older, but then they may be looking for someone younger themselves). I too believe he might stay. For Wanyama and Lamela to leave, which I think would be good, we need clubs willing to buy. Italian clubs can also look at Lamela's injury record, that might be tricky. And if those two don't leave, then I cannot see more than one ('net') CM coming in.

Eriksen I think will only go to Spain, more specifically only to Barcelona. Toby might leave if Bayern come calling, but I don't know if they need him (Hummels is getting older, but then they may be looking for someone younger themselves). I too believe he might stay. For Wanyama and Lamela to leave, which I think would be good, we need clubs willing to buy. Italian clubs can also look at Lamela's injury record, that might be tricky. And if those two don't leave, then I cannot see more than one ('net') CM coming in.

What else is in your crystal ball?

- A Son-like to replace Llorente would be ideal (similar to the Martial links last year, which is almost certainly now a non-starter)
- As would Trippier out, new RB in - priority for a lot of people
- I'm not sure whether a creative CM would be in addition to Wanyama, or instead of him, but thats the one position where I could see there being a net addition, rather than a signing being a replacement
- I reckon if Sessegnon joins then Rose will be sold. He turn 29 this summer, plus in addition to Davies and Sessegnon we'd have Vertonghen and KWP who can also play there if need be

Then there's the deadwood (Vorm, Janssen, GKN) and need to replace any first-team departures

I don't see Rose leaving this summer. He seems settled,has regained his first team place and is playing well. If we sign Sessegnon, it will be to play predominantly as an inside forward.

I don't see Rose leaving this summer. He seems settled,has regained his first team place and is playing well. If we sign Sessegnon, it will be to play predominantly as an inside forward.

Absent age, I would agree with you re Rose. However he's at the point where if we keep him for another year value will start to decline, so its becoming a consideration, particularly if there was an offer for him at a decent price. Personally I think Sessegnon will be a LB or LWB, but question is how quickly he becomes that

Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of an overhaul tbh with big numbers in/out - Poch seems to be hinting that that is what is required and how we're heading in to a new chapter etc so out with the old in with the new

Also wouldn't be surprised to see minimal movement in/out either - who should have guessed last summer would have turned out how it did this time last year...

So no point trying to guess what we have planned as at the moment anything and everything is likely to happen.

Absent age, I would agree with you re Rose. However he's at the point where if we keep him for another year value will start to decline, so its becoming a consideration, particularly if there was an offer for him at a decent price. Personally I think Sessegnon will be a LB or LWB, but question is how quickly he becomes that

The only way I see us selling Rose this summer is if we receive a crazy bid, there is too much other work to do this summer for it to be a priority.

Wanyama and Sissoko (cue the torches and pitchforks)

Winks, Dier +1 +1 for me.
I can't see Sissoko being sold after the season he has just had. Nor should he be really considering how he has turned his Spurs career around in the fashion he has. It is nothing short of incredible imho.
We can argue over what he brings to the team or his deficiencies but one thing you have to admire is his strength of character. And Poch sees that too.

I'm pretty sure the plan would be to use sessegnon on as a 6th AM for a year or two, while developing him into Rose's heir. He's not good enough yet to be a top level LWB

...which isn't the way things usually work. You value a business on a debt/cash free basis, and then work out the implications of the capital structure
This was my point: https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17416550/chelsea-owe-1-17-billion-to-abramovich

As the Times remind us, Abramovich would also probably want repayment of his £1.17b interest-free loan that Chelsea — or technically speaking Chelsea’s parent company Fordstam as Chelsea FC themselves are “debt free” — owe him. Of course, he in turn owns Fordstam, so in a sense, it’s money he owes himself, but that would not be the case in reality. As per the terms of that loan, Abramovich can actually call it in at any time (not just when selling) with an 18-month notice (i.e. Chelsea would have 18 months to repay it).

More likely however, just like when Abramovich bought the club in 2003, that £1.17b debt would be part of the purchase price paid by whoever comes in. Abramovich cleared about £80m worth of debt in addition to the £140m he spent to buy out Ken Bates and all the minority shareholders. Fifteen years later, whoever would be next would probably have to add at least a zero to both of those numbers.

Back