• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

As we saw with Eriksen, when you let a contract run down to its last year, the player has the power.

Given that he has the same agent as Mourinho, I think that it is very likely that terms have been discussed and we have an agreement in principle with the player.
Just what I was going to say.

Agents and Jose have the terms sorted already.

Southampton know it too, hence Ralph changing his tune from publicly saying he’s off, to now toeing the party line and being forced to say they’ll let him stay, just to try to maintain a modicum of bargaining power!

And the final trump card is, we’ll just increase the cost of KWP by whatever extra amount Southampton demand for PEH. Which joking aside, may be done mutually as a face saver for them.

“We got £30m from Spurs for Hjoljberg”.

And KWP goes the other way for an undisclosed fee.... (£29m). :D

As we saw with Eriksen, when you let a contract run down to its last year, the player has the power.

Given that he has the same agent as Mourinho, I think that it is very likely that terms have been discussed and we have an agreement in principle with the player.

I don’t disagree, certainly with the second part

but how long should a player hang around before he thinks about other options ?

plus we are then into the old argument of getting deals done early (yes I know the the window isn’t open yet)

You've used stats from them playing multiple positions. That doesn't tell us a lot about their performances in the position in question. Ward-Prowse's figures at fullback could be skewing the data, for example.

The PL site has very limited data available. Whilst you've quoted the defensive stats that they do include, it doesn't really tell you much about an all round defensive performance.
No but it tells you he has done better defensively than a DM
I don’t know how many games he played FB
I just got the stats by way of a comparison
I think that’s reasonable unless there is a site that filters them by position played? And of course someone flexible may play multiple positions during a game which would make them harder to find

as I’ve said numbers is times it’s not unreasonable to expect a defensive midfielder to get better defensive stats than his midfield partner?

but just to add another comparison his replacement in the team makes more successful % tackles than him at 63% ... and makes more per game on average at 1.9 vs 1.7
Again their taken from the premier league site

When I’ve seen Southampton play I’ve never seen PEH stand out, but that can be a good thing for a Dm. It’s just, as I’ve said multiple times I’d expect him to have certain stats way better than his other colleagues (e.g his blocks, clearances, interceptions and aerial battles are less than Ward Prowse, who isn’t a big physical player)

Just what I was going to say.

Agents and Jose have the terms sorted already.

Southampton know it too, hence Ralph changing his tune from publicly saying he’s off, to now toeing the party line and being forced to say they’ll let him stay, just to try to maintain a modicum of bargaining power!

And the final trump card is, we’ll just increase the cost of KWP by whatever extra amount Southampton demand for PEH. Which joking aside, may be done mutually as a face saver for them.

“We got £30m from Spurs for Hjoljberg”.

And KWP goes the other way for an undisclosed fee.... (£29m). :D

They will just walk away from KWP if we go down that path.

levy isn’t spiteful when selling

I don’t disagree, certainly with the second part

but how long should a player hang around before he thinks about other options ?

plus we are then into the old argument of getting deals done early (yes I know the the window isn’t open yet)

I think that @Jon is right. The deal has been done and there is a bit of face saving going on now.

I think that @Jon is right. The deal has been done and there is a bit of face saving going on now.
We certainly have spoken to the player but we haven’t agreed anything with the club IMO
That’s the issue we will have with Southampton who will mug us off for more £££ and why wouldn’t they

No but it tells you he has done better defensively than a DM
I don’t know how many games he played FB
I just got the stats by way of a comparison
I think that’s reasonable unless there is a site that filters them by position played? And of course someone flexible may play multiple positions during a game which would make them harder to find

as I’ve said numbers is times it’s not unreasonable to expect a defensive midfielder to get better defensive stats than his midfield partner?

but just to add another comparison his replacement in the team makes more successful % tackles than him at 63% ... and makes more per game on average at 1.9 vs 1.7
Again their taken from the premier league site

When I’ve seen Southampton play I’ve never seen PEH stand out, but that can be a good thing for a Dm. It’s just, as I’ve said multiple times I’d expect him to have certain stats way better than his other colleagues (e.g his blocks, clearances, interceptions and aerial battles are less than Ward Prowse, who isn’t a big physical player)

We talking around in circles here, as you have with everyone else that has tried to point out that the stats you're quoting don't tell you much.

We certainly have spoken to the player but we haven’t agreed anything with the club IMO
That’s the issue we will have with Southampton who will mug us off for more £££ and why wouldn’t they

If the player has made up his mind where he is going, they don't have much leverage.

No they had no filter
They were just the stats for those players
No idea how they were calculated
I was just getting something quick and simple on the basis it was from the premier league site. I can have another look
Wait. Were you talking about the stats you quoted before that just listed the total number of tackles etc that didn't even calculate them based on matches or minutes played?

The fact that Ward Prowse has played almost 580 minutes more of football this season is the reason he's made more tackles?

And if it doesn’t happen, then I believe it’s because we’re happy to walk away and look at other options.

Last time this sort of thing happened with Everton, we ‘won’ Sissoko. Hopefully we’ve learned!

If the price tag really is just £25m, and if he's Jose first choice for DM and we're is first choice, I sincerely hope he ends up joining. For that price and buyer/seller alignment, it would be disappointing if we missed out on him

Wait. Were you talking about the stats you quoted before that just listed the total number of tackles etc that didn't even calculate them based on matches or minutes played?

The fact that Ward Prowse has played almost 580 minutes more of football this season is the reason he's made more tackles?
And the rest of the stats?

If the player has made up his mind where he is going, they don't have much leverage.
They can sell him it whoever they want or keep him
It’s exactly what happened with Eriksen in the end
Player wanted a club who didn’t want himma do he ended up going to a club inferior to what he expected

We talking around in circles here, as you have with everyone else that has tried to point out that the stats you're quoting don't tell you much.
What are they not telling you?
I’m lost here as I’m putting up stats form the premier league site
Im not filtering or highlighting a certain stat (others are and I’m answering).
I’m not using twitter posts and articles either as I prefer to use the data available and my own opinions
As I’ve said he is a decent player but is that because of others around him or because of him. Similarly I’ve rarely noticed him

If you go back some weeks you will see I was impressed with skewered stats someone used for Holdberg until I did my win research.

They can sell him it whoever they want or keep him
It’s exactly what happened with Eriksen in the end
Player wanted a club who didn’t want himma do he ended up going to a club inferior to what he expected

....so what we don't know is really how much he wants to join us, rather than Everton.

I struggle to see that we'll get a better DM for £25m

Back