• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Liverpool are not fudging around are they!

2 signings almost done, annoyingly ones a CB

Liverpool and City, early movers in England.

Incidentally, given the prices they're paying for their players, I'm really not sure we should be settling for 50m for Walker. English, PL-ready, in his prime...should be 60m+ or f*ck off. The point is to make it brutally hard or impossible for domestic rivals to come in to sign our players - and if Iheanacho's agent comes out and says that City won't sell to us because we're rivals, I don't see why we can't at least extort a stupid fee from them in the same vein.

50m is not 'f*ck off' crazy. 60m+ is.

Liverpool and City, early movers in England.

Incidentally, given the prices they're paying for their players, I'm really not sure we should be settling for 50m for Walker. English, PL-ready, in his prime...should be 60m+ or f*ck off. The point is to make it brutally hard or impossible for domestic rivals to come in to sign our players - and if Iheanacho's agent comes out and says that City won't sell to us because we're rivals, I don't see why we can't at least extort a stupid fee from them in the same vein.

50m is not 'f*ck off' crazy. 60m+ is.

I've said this all along; if we sell to City, it should be for ridiculous money, simply because they can afford it and have a history of overspending. You don't get the best right back in the league for peanuts.

I see we're being tenuously linked with Karim Bellarabi by HITC and Football.London. Not the most reputable of sources, but I feel like that might be more on the mark than some of the other rumors floating around. He seems to fit a lot of the parameters that (imo) we seem to be looking for in an attacking midfielder - hard-working, (lightning) fast, good technique, versatile (can play across the attacking midfield slots) reasonably physical and with a taller-than-average build for an attacking midfielder. Plus, he's played in a high-energy, high-pressing system very similar to ours at Leverkusen, so adaptation wouldn't be as much of a problem as it otherwise might have been. And, of course, we have Son here to ease his transition into the Premier League - a former team-mate who made much the same sort of switch. And Wimmer, if we need German speakers to help him adapt.

This one makes a bit more sense than some others. Not saying it will happen by any means - but it's more likely to, perhaps. He'll cost a fair bit, I suspect, but Leverkusen's horrible season makes it likelier that they'd be open to selling him - especially over the prospect of selling someone like Julian Brandt instead. He's just turned 27, which is one of the few possible downsides I can see with this move (one of the others being that he only returned from a serious injury in January), but otherwise he ticks all the boxes - and 27 isn't even that old, relatively speaking. It might even be before his prime.

Here's a video of the guy from 2015/2016, with the standard truly horrible accompanying music - I haven't been able to find one from this season, although that may be because a) Leverkusen were pretty brick, and b) he missed the first half of it.

Edit - one other downside is that he's somewhat one-footed - it shows in the video as well. Predominantly uses his right peg.

Pool deals fallen through

Basically because they have been caught tapping up

Very difficult for all the clubs up north......and it's getting worse.
I think the Manchester clubs will also suffer to attract the top top players.

They are now having to pay a "up north" premium to their players.....

Last edited:
Back