• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Antonio does not want to sign a new contract at West Ham, whilst he would not be a starter he would be a decent option off the bench/cup games.

The next player currently at the level Ousmane Dembele or Carrasco were at when signed by Dortmund and AM respectively is the way to go imo. I don't know who that player is though.
Sessegnon could be but his profile and price is escalating.
We need to bite the bullet and actually pay the going rate for someone like O. Dembele. Even if he doesn't live up to expectations he is young enough to have a sell on, so the risk is more about wages, can we attract someone like him.

The advantage we have to do what you suggest and get the next up and coming player, is to sell them the fact that Poch allows young players to develop and most importantly he gives them first team opportunities. He did so at Southamppton and has done so at Spurs with Onomah, who hasn't been discarded, and that must be encouraging for other young players, 2CV, Winks and not forgetting Alli, who has improved.

Antonio does not want to sign a new contract at West Ham, whilst he would not be a starter he would be a decent option off the bench/cup games.
If you tell him he is going be a bench player he won't come.

I think Poch is trying to get, ideally, to a point where he can rotate automatically, so players are interchangeable, irrespective of opposition. This to prevent injuries and long term fatigue and allow us to physically be stronger than the oppo. He tried this with our full backs in the early stages of the season, it didn't quite work, especially in the CL, but that has to be an aspiration.

If so, then Antonio, ought to be attracted to us, as he can be a devastating wing-back, or attacking player/Striker. In principle, he could interchange with walker and Alli.

I'd like to see us buy very promising young players like dele/bale. I know it's not always going to turn out well, but we've done ok selling fringe young players like Carroll so we don't lose much if not at all.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If you tell him he is going be a bench player he won't come.

I think Poch is trying to get, ideally, to a point where he can rotate automatically, so players are interchangeable, irrespective of opposition. This to prevent injuries and long term fatigue and allow us to physically be stronger than the oppo. He tried this with our full backs in the early stages of the season, it didn't quite work, especially in the CL, but that has to be an aspiration.

If so, then Antonio, ought to be attracted to us, as he can be a devastating wing-back, or attacking player/Striker. In principle, he could interchange with walker and Alli.

Lucky for everyone involved I would not be in the room when the talks go, so I am sure the recruitment team can word it better than I!

Lucky for everyone involved I would not be in the room when the talks go, so I am sure the recruitment team can word it better than I!
I am sure they can but it is more about how he and his family (mum) feel. We were interested before he went to WHam, but they didn't feel he would play enough. We have to show our system is a step beyond others and will suit him.
So we must convince him he is not coming just to play if someone is injured. He is going to treated the same as say Walker, Alli etc, which he must presently doubt.

I think we offer advantages to him which say Chelsea don't. Who are also reported to be interested.

We're not going to pay the price they'd want for a 27 year old squad player who might only start 10-15 games in all competitions....and mainly domestic cup games. Not a chance we'll sign him

Links I've seen in the last few days;

Faouzi Ghoulam - Napoli CB who is a "contract rebel". He could be available for £12-15 million according to some reports, with our principle competition being Chelsea
Patrik Schick - ST/WF. Apparently we are ahead of Arsenal in the race for the lad, having spoken with his agent recently. His release clause is £21 million I think.
Bruma - Winger. Gala said no approach had been made, but some media stories have it that we are in advanced negotiation's with them.

Cheeky bid for Defoe for one season off the bench now Sun'lan are down? He is a Yiddo after all....
If we bring no other striker in we could do a lot worse. He is not really a Poch type player though, and will probably want to get minutes on the pitch, which is not likely to happen.

Links I've seen in the last few days;

Faouzi Ghoulam - Napoli CB who is a "contract rebel". He could be available for £12-15 million according to some reports, with our principle competition being Chelsea
Patrik Schick - ST/WF. Apparently we are ahead of Arsenal in the race for the lad, having spoken with his agent recently. His release clause is £21 million I think.
Bruma - Winger. Gala said no approach had been made, but some media stories have it that we are in advanced negotiation's with them.

The Bruma link has been around for a while. Perhaps some truth in it...

Supposed to be be a bit like Mane. His youtube vids are grrrrrreat, but whose aren't.

Can't contribute less and Njie and GKN. I'd like us to loan GKN out for a year though given he has some skill as well as pace....needs some game time though to get used to England

Sessegnon could be but his profile and price is escalating.
We need to bite the bullet and actually pay the going rate for someone like O. Dembele. Even if he doesn't live up to expectations he is young enough to have a sell on, so the risk is more about wages, can we attract someone like him.

The advantage we have to do what you suggest and get the next up and coming player, is to sell them the fact that Poch allows young players to develop and most importantly he gives them first team opportunities. He did so at Southamppton and has done so at Spurs with Onomah, who hasn't been discarded, and that must be encouraging for other young players, 2CV, Winks and not forgetting Alli, who has improved.

The more I think along these lines, the more I wonder why we signed Sisokko for £30m. We seemed loathed to pay that high and then suddenly spent the money on a player of Sisokko's ability. Wouldn't it have been better to spend £20m more on a player that would really make a difference. And if we don't have that money, again, why spend so much of our limited budget on a player like Sisokko?!

The more I think along these lines, the more I wonder why we signed Sisokko for £30m. We seemed loathed to pay that high and then suddenly spent the money on a player of Sisokko's ability. Wouldn't it have been better to spend £20m more on a player that would really make a difference. And if we don't have that money, again, why spend so much of our limited budget on a player like Sisokko?!

We know that the payments are in installments. My only guess is that we are covered of he turned out to be brick. It'd be very un-Levy like otherwise.

We know that the payments are in installments. My only guess is that we are covered of he turned out to be brick. It'd be very un-Levy like otherwise.

But we are still spending £30m total fee and it would be naive to think that most transfers don't have the fee structured as payable over a period of time. I can't see why Saudi Sportswashing Machine would sell him for £6m per season and allow us to stop paying were we to sell him this summer.

Back