• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Being understanding of someone's personal and mental challenges is one thing.

But Ade (regardless of tragedies) is a hugely privileged individual from an talent, opportunity and wealth perspective, he's had opportunities that other privileged people would only dream of ..
He's had the opportunity to play at huge clubs and has fudgeed up everyone of those opportunity, the guy is not 24, he's over 30, time to stop finding all the excuses (no matter how legit).

I don't hate the guy, but lets be clear, this is not a regular guy having a hard time, he's had the opportunity to re-invent himself 4+ times, he has access to professional help a regular person could only dream of and when his career/legacy was going down the toilet (e.g. when banished to train with academy), his response? = get chauffeured to training in a Rolls Royce and do as little as possible in training and hold the club accountable for every dollar promised by contract despite him clearly not delivering his side of the deal.

Don't hate the guy, but very little to feel sorry about or care about with that guy ...

Different people deal with different circumstances in a different manner: maybe 're-inventing' himself wasn't as easy for him to do as we imagine it was. As for holding the club to account, it's my club, so obviously I feel a bit of distaste for that behaviour..but honestly, if I were looking at it from an unbiased perspective, I wouldn't find much wrong with demanding to be paid what you're owed.

Different people deal with different circumstances in a different manner: maybe 're-inventing' himself wasn't as easy for him to do as we imagine it was. As for holding the club to account, it's my club, so obviously I feel a bit of distaste for that behaviour..but honestly, if I were looking at it from an unbiased perspective, I wouldn't find much wrong with demanding to be paid what you're owed.

legally? = sure, ethically/morally = not in his wildest lies to himself can he believe Tottenham Hotspur owes him money.

truth is, in a decade from now, the party with regrets will be him ..

legally? = sure, ethically/morally = not in his wildest lies to himself can he believe Tottenham Hotspur owes him money.

Sadly I think your'e wrong, too many modern players are happy to pocket the money and sit on the bench.

Of course we owe him the money, we signed the contract and we would expect him to stick to it, so we must too.

When it comes to Adebayor's post career regrets, if that ever happens, I would guess that the major regrets will be earlier in his career than when he signed for us.

Of course we owe him the money, we signed the contract and we would expect him to stick to it, so we must too.

When it comes to Adebayor's post career regrets, if that ever happens, I would guess that the major regrets will be earlier in his career than when he signed for us.

Isn't that the point? he hasn't stuck to it, he clearly never really tried to deliver on his end of contract.

Isn't that the point? he hasn't stuck to it, he clearly never really tried to deliver on his end of contract.

Is there likely to be a clause in his contract that covers this?

We have to be honest and admit that his behaviour with us was no different to his other clubs, so if we did not go in with our eyes open, then we have no one but ourselves to blame.

We only signed him because we were desperate and it bit us on the arse.

After his full transfer, he scored 24 goals in 54 appearances in all competitions, and stuck around for three years being (at various times) the focal point for a team that were mere enablers for Bale's brilliance, Tim Sherwood's knight in shining armour and (finally) a bit of an outcast under Poch: and that last one only happened past November 2014. Prior to his full transfer...well, no one can deny that he was very, very good in 2011-2012.

He's done enough to view himself as having 'delivered' on his end, I think.

Also, 'Scouts in attendance' (a twitter page that apparently tracks visiting scouts at football games) has claimed that we, along with eight other clubs, sent scouts to watch Rennes vs Marseille yesterday (which ended with Marseille winning 1-0 with a Remy Cabella goal).

The posters on the Fighting rooster all seem to agree that it was Michy Batshuayi we were looking at, an assertion also repeated by Scouts in Attendance: however, given his likely outrageous price in January (35 million was what Vincent Labrune quoted) and likely unwillingness to move to us mid-season only to sit as a rotation option for Kane...I don't think it was him we were looking at.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we were looking at one of the starters for Rennes: the young winger Ousmane Dembele, to be precise:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ousmane-dembele/profil/spieler/288230
http://www.theguardian.com/football...0-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football (he's the player behind the first French flag in that list)

...who the Guardian profiled last season (that link above), describing him as one of the 40 best talents in world football - two footed, humble ('listens to his coaches') and apparently blessed with a work ethic 'they (the coaches) wish would rub off on some of his team-mates'. Apparently, Benfica had a 3 million euro bid for him turned down this summer (http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Rennes-bloque-ousmane-dembele/586829) because Rennes wanted 5 million euros: now that he's signed his first professional contract, the fee's likely to be higher, of course.

Hmm...he sounds like the proto-typical Poch player: young, willing to learn, very hard-working, under-the-radar to an extent. I think this one might have legs - just my opinion, but if there's anyone our scouts would be watching at the Rennes - Marseille game (if they were really there, of course), it'd be him.

Edit: Here's the highlights of the match -

...Dembele himself has one good bit at around the 1:10 mark, where he takes it down the wing and into the box before firing it into the side-netting. Also, according to a Google translation of this match report, he fired in a considerable number of crosses that found no targets, so...must have been active, I guess?

Last edited:
Also, having done some 'scouting' of my own, perhaps we could do worse than go for Inaki Williams next month if we can't wriggle Berahino out of West Brom's clutches (assuming we'll try again, of course). 6'1, reasonably strong, astonishingly quick wing-forward for Atlhetic Bilbao, with a really good first touch to boot. Also possesses a great work rate, if the words of his coaches (sourced via google translate) and general descriptions of his play style are accurate. Looks a bit thin and may need to bulk up, but he actually seems to fit the bill as far a convertible wing-forward/center-forward rotation option is concerned: in fact, given his height, I'd say he'd be a better option than Berahino up top if we're looking for someone to bring it down and hold up play.

Best part is, apparently his contract only runs until 2017, and has a 20 million-euro buyout clause: Athletic are trying desperately to get him to sign a new one (with a 40 million euro clause, apparently), but if his contract situation's still in progress come January, 14.5 million quid (or thereabouts) should be enough to trigger his release clause and allow us to speak to the lad. I'd suggest that doing so would be cheaper than Berahino in any eventuality.

Also, having done some 'scouting' of my own, perhaps we could do worse than go for Inaki Williams next month if we can't wriggle Berahino out of West Brom's clutches (assuming we'll try again, of course). 6'1, reasonably strong, astonishingly quick wing-forward for Atlhetic Bilbao, with a really good first touch to boot. Also possesses a great work rate, if the words of his coaches (sourced via google translate) and general descriptions of his play style are accurate. Looks a bit thin and may need to bulk up, but he actually seems to fit the bill as far a convertible wing-forward/center-forward rotation option is concerned: in fact, given his height, I'd say he'd be a better option than Berahino up top if we're looking for someone to bring it down and hold up play.

Best part is, apparently his contract only runs until 2017, and has a 20 million-euro buyout clause: Athletic are trying desperately to get him to sign a new one (with a 40 million euro clause, apparently), but if his contract situation's still in progress come January, 14.5 million quid (or thereabouts) should be enough to trigger his release clause and allow us to speak to the lad. I'd suggest that doing so would be cheaper than Berahino in any eventuality.
Great research on both fronts, Dubai. I think the options you outlined are more in line of what might actually happen, rather than the same 3-4 names we seem to be rehashing.

Also, 'Scouts in attendance' (a twitter page that apparently tracks visiting scouts at football games) has claimed that we, along with eight other clubs, sent scouts to watch Rennes vs Marseille yesterday (which ended with Marseille winning 1-0 with a Remy Cabella goal).

The posters on the Fighting rooster all seem to agree that it was Michy Batshuayi we were looking at, an assertion also repeated by Scouts in Attendance: however, given his likely outrageous price in January (35 million was what Vincent Labrune quoted) and likely unwillingness to move to us mid-season only to sit as a rotation option for Kane...I don't think it was him we were looking at.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we were looking at one of the starters for Rennes: the young winger Ousmane Dembele, to be precise:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ousmane-dembele/profil/spieler/288230
http://www.theguardian.com/football...0-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football (he's the player behind the first French flag in that list)

...who the Guardian profiled last season (that link above), describing him as one of the 40 best talents in world football - two footed, humble ('listens to his coaches') and apparently blessed with a work ethic 'they (the coaches) wish would rub off on some of his team-mates'. Apparently, Benfica had a 3 million euro bid for him turned down this summer (http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Rennes-bloque-ousmane-dembele/586829) because Rennes wanted 5 million euros: now that he's signed his first professional contract, the fee's likely to be higher, of course.

Hmm...he sounds like the proto-typical Poch player: young, willing to learn, very hard-working, under-the-radar to an extent. I think this one might have legs - just my opinion, but if there's anyone our scouts would be watching at the Rennes - Marseille game (if they were really there, of course), it'd be him.

Edit: Here's the highlights of the match -

...Dembele himself has one good bit at around the 1:10 mark, where he takes it down the wing and into the box before firing it into the side-netting. Also, according to a Google translation of this match report, he fired in a considerable number of crosses that found no targets, so...must have been active, I guess?

How many Dembeles are there in world football.
Maybe we can have a full team of them

How many Dembeles are there in world football.
Maybe we can have a full team of them

http://www.transfermarkt.com/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=Dembele&x=0&y=0

I count 28. :p

Great research on both fronts, Dubai. I think the options you outlined are more in line of what might actually happen, rather than the same 3-4 names we seem to be rehashing.

That's what I was getting at: Williams' price won't be escalated by January haggling (because of his buyout clause), which will in turn give us the opportunity to plan the window around his transfer (if he's interested, of course). A sale of Townsend and perhaps Fazio should give us the money we need to bring Williams in, and possibly even the Dembele at Fulham if we're interested (who currently has seven months left to run on his contract), although in the latter case we'd possibly want to loan him back to Fulham a la Alli, in order to let him develop a bit given he's very raw. Indeed, depending on how much we get for Townsend, we could make a play for Ousmane Dembele as well with a similar buy-and-loan-back option, although I imagine he'd cost double what they were asking for in the summer given that he's now signed his professional contract and is starting for Rennes.

All this, of course, is dependent on Williams not signing a new contract between now and January. :p

So are people still keen on Berahino?

He is not really like for like for Kane but do you think he can play number 9.?

Is think no 9 is his best position and the wide forward / attacking mid positions are his second best.

People like Son, Chadli and Lamela are best in those wide forward type positions, with CF as a fall back position.

So, yes, definitely keen on Berahino. He's the position we need, the sort of profile player Spurs sign and I can see Poch improving him no end

How would he complement the squad when we've already got Son, Lamela, Dembele, Chadli and Njie (most of whom are better than Berahino) competing for those same two spots?.

AM is probably our most overstocked area (considering I've not even mentioned our ACMs)

Berahino is a CF first and foremost. Those AM positions are his second best position

Back