• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

There's only so many decent players out there, but I fully see us as being high enough up the pecking order to get our hands on some quality if we get CL. We've already got half a dozen amazing players. Add to that, a Hazard and a top centre-back and I think we're as good as we could hope to be.

I'd take Hart, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Richards, Tevez, Nasri and De Jong - plus 500.000.000. Then they can have Bale.

In other words: fudge off.

Why does the media make up these ridiculous stories involving swap deals? These deals involving just 2 players are already rare and complicated enough but 4 players? :lol:

I don't think Ade, De-Jong etc would come to us, we don't have the same ?ú200,000 per week project as them.

Amazes me how people would consider selling Bale and Modric. If another Bale and Modric was available we wouldnt have a hope of signing them so why sell our best players when you are unlikely to be able replace them?

tickle my balls with a feather.

Amazes me how people would consider selling Bale and Modric. If another Bale and Modric was available we wouldnt have a hope of signing them so why sell our best players when you are unlikely to be able replace them?

Although i'm mostly right there with ya, I think Bales form of late has people wanting to cash in. If he continues to try to cut inside and lose possession I'd be for cashing in as well. He's just been awful of late*. The only times he looks threatening is when he's running down the line or to the left of a defender. He can't use his right and doesn't have the touch to move about through midfield. For me, Lennon has been 3 times the player and much much much more effective at cutting inside since he's come back from injury.

*compared to his formerly brilliant play

Although i'm mostly right there with ya, I think Bales form of late has people wanting to cash in. If he continues to try to cut inside and lose possession I'd be for cashing in as well. He's just been awful of late*. The only times he looks threatening is when he's running down the line or to the left of a defender. He can't use his right and doesn't have the touch to move about through midfield. For me, Lennon has been 3 times the player and much much much more effective at cutting inside since he's come back from injury.

*compared to his formerly brilliant play

Its a fair point, but all it needs if for the manager to tell him where to play.

Fuego - we cannot sign those players because our average wage is between 45-50k/week and those players wouldn't want to come to us and take 3-4 steps down in their careers. Sad but true - we need to accept that and look out for the next Berbatov or Hernandez instead

And Spain has a flat 20% tax rate for footballers......crazy I know!

i'd give bale to city for this: Adebayor, Silva, Kompany, 45mil plus a signed deal from some dubai comapny to fund our new stadium with no restrictions
but since thats not happening i think a fax with the word NO on it will work

Why does the media make up these ridiculous stories involving swap deals? These deals involving just 2 players are already rare and complicated enough but 4 players? :lol:

Agree. I just think it's because we have to ?ú50m players, which is a big cash sum even for Madrid, Barca, City and Chelsea. It's the buying clubs who'll want to try and offload their 'deadwood' if they can.

Back