• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The only way I would sell bale to them would be if we got Affelay, Thiago Alacantra and Marc Batra/Muniesa + ?ú30 mil of course. Those players would add so much to our team.

The only way I would sell bale to them would be if we got Affelay, Thiago Alacantra and Marc Batra/Muniesa + ?ú30 mil of course. Those players would add so much to our team.

Thiago is amazing and will only get better. Thiago and Villa and we'll call it quits.

In what way? That it wouldn't happen(obviously not, I was just playing along ..) or that you don't rate him?

As for Dani Alves, his performance for Sevilla at the Lane was one of the very best I've seen, was phenominal that day.

Dani Alves is an amazing player but is such a dingdonghead that people just focus on the negative stuff. I used to it myself until I took the blinkers off one day and really looked at what he was doing on the pitch.

True, but it means your what yours eyes did not see are career stats of 33 goals and 141 assists in 478 matches.

It's not like I said I've never seen him provide an assist, simply I haven't really see him do much out of the ordinary. He gets an assist once every three games for Barcelona, which any average right winger could do and that's fundamentally what he is at Barca....

It's not like I said I've never seen him provide an assist, simply I haven't really see him do much out of the ordinary. He gets an assist once every three games for Barcelona, which any average right winger could do and that's fundamentally what he is at Barca....

I think you are over simplifying things but then it is to be expected considering your comments about the player.

Fletcher is brilliant, if he wasn't scottish and more of a chick magnet he would get so much attention. He has everything, pace, strength, touch, finishing, workrate. At times he brings down high balls on the tip of his toe just like berbs used too. I would consider paying up to ?ú10-12 mil for him. In a decent team he will definitely flourish.

What Fletcher are we talking about? the one that plays for Manure?

*looks around for the joke*

I think you are over simplifying things but then it is to be expected considering your comments about the player.

I've stated reasons why I don't think Alves is anything more than a good player from what I've seen - You countered this by just providing assist stats so its you that's chosen to simplify things. So can you tell me what makes Alves a great player? I enjoy the way he hugs the touchline and works it tirelessly, his fitness levels are phenomenal when called upon. But I don't see him beat a man that often, shoots from long range a lot most of the time without even hitting the target and just generally when he gets the ball seems fairly predictable what he's going to do. His defensive side I think is quite underrated but I guess that's due to the lack of it he is required to do....

Its probably too late now,but I would have loved to have seen us clinch a deal for him this week, and have him introduced to the crowd before the game on Sunday.

I dont think that will happen but good chance he will be at the lane on Sunday to hopefully see us third and sample a red hot atmosphere

A have a couple of questions about Vertonghen:

1) How likely is he really pining for a move to us, especially considering that we haven't secured CL footy for next season yet (whilst his Ajax side have)? Suspeciously seems like a ploy to get other clubs involved...

2) I've read that he really lacks pace; so would he cut it in the PL or be another continental disaster waiting to happen (like Mertesacker)?

Mertersacker isn't a disaster, poor start but before his injury was putting in some top displays. Pace helps but not much is better than someone who can read the game well and knows how to position themselves.

Some of the close control I have seen Bale pull off has been exceptional, nowhere near as one faceted as people make out

not to mention his ability to bring the ball down with snow on it, his first touch is exquisite at times.. i think because he makes it look so easy, people tend to take it for granted.

Back