• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

@DanishWhite

what if we had Rogers? and also, would adding Vertonghen increase our chances to bring Eriksen in?

I say bring on the 4-3-3, bring on the possesssion play, and bring on the trophies. I can't say it enough, sorry if its getting old, but for me, Rogers is the only way to move forward with what we have now.

I'd rather see how Rodgers deals with his second Premiership season before we consider him for Spurs. There is a big risk that Swansea's success this season is a bubble that will burst next year.

Robin van Persie's agent has reportedly held talks with Juventus, who are prepared to pay Arsenal in excess of ?ú25m for the 28-year-old Dutch striker.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool are considering a move for 25-year-old Benfica midfielder Nolito, previously with Barcelona. Reports in Portugal say Benfica would consider offers in the region of ?ú15m.

Full story: talkSPORT

Meanwhile, the Anfield club are reportedly planning to rekindle their interest in 19-year-old Inter Milan striker Luc Castaignos.

Full story: Inside Futbol

Chelsea and Barcelona could be set to lock horns again, this time over the signature of Benfica forward Nelson Oliveira, the 20-year-old Portugal international.

Lukas Podolski

Lukas Podolski to Arsenal is a done deal, according to German reports

Cologne's striker Lukas Podolski, 26, will join Arsenal for just under ?ú10m in the summer, according to reports in Germany.

Full story: Metro

One player keen to leave the Emirates this summer is goalkeeper Manuel Almunia, 34, who wants to stay in England and join another Premier League club.

Full story: Caught Offside

Premier League newcomers Reading are keen to acquire Crystal Palace duo Wilfried Zaha, 19, and Nathaniel Clyne, 21, in an ?ú8m raid.

German newspaper Bild has reported that Dutch striker Bas Dost, the 22-year-old who has scored 28 goals in just 31 appearances for Heerenveen and is wanted by Aston Villa, is on the verge of agreeing a move to Wolfsburg.

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Manchester United's interest in Lille midfielder Eden Hazard, having watched the 21-year-old against Lyon.

Full story: Daily Mail

Roberto di Matteo has been asked to help plan Chelsea's preparations for next season, having fought is way into contention for getting the manager's job on a full-time basis.

Full story: Daily Express

Tottenham are unlikely to make Emmanuel Adebayor's loan move to White Hart Lane a permanent transfer after the striker reportedly had a frank exchange of views about his indifferent form with boss Harry Redknapp.

The Premier League remains adamant that the pre-match handshake between the players of Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers will go on Sunday even if Anton Ferdinand does not want to shake John Terry's hand.

Danny Welbeck is reportedly going to be handed a ?ú45,000-a-week deal by Manchester United

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck is expected to sign a new contract at the end of the season, worth ?ú45,000 per week.

Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt and Maxi Rodriguez could stay with the club following the departure of director of football Damien Comolli, having been expected to leave in the summer.

Full story: The Sun

Everton boss David Moyes has urged the club to provide him with transfer funds to avoid falling further behind the big clubs in the Premier League.

Full story: The Sun

Tottenham's newly crowned PFA Young Player of the Year Kyle Walker says the team can still qualify for the Champions League despite their poor recent run. "We just have to finish stronger these last four games, get maximum points, and hopefully the season will fix itself. We can do it," he says.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey insists the club's relegation from the top flight will not lead to the sale of their best players.

Full story: Express and Star

Terry Connor is in the running to be Wolves' next manager despite taking the club down to the Championship.

Full story: Daily Express

A businessman poised to buy cash-strapped Port Vale has asked Stoke-on-Trent City Council for another loan.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel

In Australia, Brisbane Roar clinched a dramatic second successive A-League title at the expense of Perth Glory thanks to what has been described as one of the worst penalty decisions ever made.

Tottenham's newly crowned PFA Young Player of the Year Kyle Walker says the team can still qualify for the Champions League despite their poor recent run. "We just have to finish stronger these last four games, get maximum points, and hopefully the season will fix itself. We can do it," he says.

[video=youtube;_rAHnwWfsaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rAHnwWfsaY[/video]

[h=3]LEICESTER CITY have placed a ?ú5m price-tag on Kasper Schmeichel.[/h]
Spurs and Bundesliga side Schalke are both planning summer moves for the Foxes keeper.

Schmeichel’s form has been so impressive for the Championship club that he is in the running for Denmark’s Euro 2012 squad.
And his legendary father, Peter, believes his son is finally emerging from his huge shadow.
The former Manchester United keeper said: “He is no longer son of Peter.
“He is recognised for who he is now. I know he will make the right decisions.”

I think Podolski is going to be a big hit at Woolwich. He's always on my transfer wish-list. I think he will do well in the PL.

Chelsea are ready to make a ?ú35m move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, 24. Real could be willing to do business because coach Jose Mourinho wants Emirates Marketing Project striker Sergio Aguero, 23, at the Bernabeu next season.

Full story: the Sun

Emirates Marketing Project plan to snatch Lille star Eden Hazard, 21, from under Manchester United's nose.

Owen Hargreaves, 31, will not be offered a new deal by Emirates Marketing Project at the end of the season, a decision that casts doubt over the midfielder's long-term future in the game in light of the injuries that have disrupted his career.

Full story: the Guardian

Arsenal are reported to be in "advanced negotiations" with French club Rennes over the signature of midfielder Yann M'Vila. It is thought the 21-year-old French international, who has been capped 18 times by his country, could cost around ?ú22m.

AC Milan are hoping to lure Chelsea attacker Salomon Kalou, 26, to the San Siro this summer. The Ivorian has spent most of his six seasons in west London on the fringes but has become an integral part of the side since Roberto di Matteo took temporary charge.

Tottenham have joined Liverpool in the race to sign Udinese's 25-year-old Colombian defender Pablo Armero, according to reports coming out of Italy.

Full story: Footy Latest

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to snap up Wigan's Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame on a free transfer in the summer, but he could face competition from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The 24-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season.

Sunderland are hoping they can entice Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett to stay in the Premier League if Rovers are relegated next month. But the Black Cats face stiff competition from Champions League finalists Bayern Munich and French club Marseille to land the 21-year-old forward.

Borussia Dortmund have given Manchester United and Chelsea target Shinji Kagawa, 23, until the end of the month to commit his future to the club. The Japan international midfielder is out of contract in the summer of 2013.

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will open his chequebook in a bid to persuade Pep Guardiola to postpone a sabbatical and manage at Stamford Bridge. Guardiola, 41, is poised to confirm on Friday that he will be leaving Spanish giants Barcelona.

Chelsea players want Abramovich to give Roberto di Matteo the manager's job permanently after the Italian led the team to the finals of the FA Cup and the Champions League during his brief tenure as caretaker boss.

Full story: Evening Standard
Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side was knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea on Tuesday

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola could be poised to leave the Nou Camp

Aston Villa could turn to Norwich manager Paul Lambert if they sack their own boss Alex McLeish at the end of the season.

Full-back Ian Harte will sign a new contract with Championship winners Reading. The former Leeds man was named in the PFA Championship team of the year and has played a crucial role in the title triumph, chipping in with four goals in 33 games.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he will have no problem welcoming Alberto Aquilani back to Anfield if AC Milan decide against signing him permanently. The Italian midfielder is coming to the end of a season-long loan at the San Siro.

Former England boss Fabio Capello hopes to land a job in the Premier League and insists he has no intention of retiring. With possible vacancies at Chelsea and Tottenham at the end of the season, the 65-year-old Italian told reporters he is in love with London.

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has been invited to the FA Cup final as a VIP guest following his remarkable recovery from an on-pitch cardiac arrest. The 24-year-old collapsed during the Trotters' FA Cup quarter-final against Tottenham in March and was "dead for 78 minutes" but is now out of hospital.

AND FINALLY

The Dalai Lama is to visit League Two side Aldershot's EBB Stadium in June. The spiritual leader of Tibet will visit two other venues during his eight-day tour of Britain - the Royal Albert Hall in London and the Manchester Arena.

Full story: Aldershot FC

Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are weighing up a move for Javi Marquez, 25, after the Espanyol midfielder turned down a new deal at the club, paving the way for a summer exit.

Tottenham are also lining up a move for Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel, 25, as a long-term replacement for 40-year-old Brad Friedel.

Everton have yet to open talks with Tottenham about making Steven Pienaar's loan return to Goodison Park permanent, according to the South African midfielder's agent

Wales midfielder Joe Allen, 22, who has been linked with Tottenham, Manchester United and Liverpool, has pledged his future to Swansea City.

Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham tried to sign Carlos Tevez in the January transfer window - but ended up with Louis Saha instead. "I said to the chairman 'can you get me Carlos Tevez?' That's what I said in January. 'Can we get Tevez?' It wasn't possible, but that was my dream," said Spurs boss Redknapp.

Chelsea are closing in on a ?ú35million deal for Hulk after the Porto striker's agent admitted he was in talks with four Barclays Premier League clubs.
Tottenham were the only club named by agent Theodoro Fonseca, but Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project are known to have registered an interest and Liverpool are also thought to be in the hunt for the 25-year old frontrunner.
In demand: Chelsea lead several Premier League clubs in the chase for HulkPorto initially demanded the full ?ú85million release clause in Hulk's contract, but president Pinto da Costa has relented and admitted he will accept less than half as much.
Chelsea want Hulk to operate in an attacking left-sided role, alongside their other prime target Edinson Cavani of Napoli, but they face competition, after Fonseca said: 'In the last week or so, I have been talking to four Premier League clubs about Hulk, and Tottenham are one of them.'

Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham tried to sign Carlos Tevez in the January transfer window - but ended up with Louis Saha instead. "I said to the chairman 'can you get me Carlos Tevez?' That's what I said in January. 'Can we get Tevez?' It wasn't possible, but that was my dream," said Spurs boss Redknapp.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Harry. I bet Levy had a good laugh when he asked him that.

German press say Marko Marin has had Chelsea medical. Fee €7-8m, with Romelu Lukaku heading to Werder Bremen on loan (via @benny_berger)

German press say Marko Marin has had Chelsea medical. Fee €7-8m, with Romelu Lukaku heading to Werder Bremen on loan (via @benny_berger)

What this says most to me is that Chelsea fail to deal well bringing through youth.

Lukaku was supposed to be a promising player, and they might not be extending Drogba's stay, so they're going to need to buy another striker.

think thats a great bit of business by chelski, 8M for a 23 yr old who's shown what he can do against us and other top tier teams. a bit inconsistent but for only 8M, not a bad deal at all.

down the road, he could be the next arshavin, or the next mata

Back