• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I think Bruce is seriously misdirecting his anger here.... From what I saw Ramirez kind of kicked Vertonghen's legs away. Vertonghen ended up on the floor as a result of this and then didn't roll around and fake injury but instead just put his arms out as if to say "What are you doing?" Also after the incident when the ref came back to talk to the linesman Vertonghen was nowhere to be seen and certainly wasn't in the referee's ear telling him to send the player off.

If I were Vertonghen I would ask why earlier in the game his own player spent a minute laying on the floor clutching his leg to make sure Dier was booked and then was able to smile and laugh when his teammate kicked the ball into his head as he was laying there?

That's his job

I think Bruce is seriously misdirecting his anger here.... From what I saw Ramirez kind of kicked Vertonghen's legs away. Vertonghen ended up on the floor as a result of this and then didn't roll around and fake injury but instead just put his arms out as if to say "What are you doing?" Also after the incident when the ref came back to talk to the linesman Vertonghen was nowhere to be seen and certainly wasn't in the referee's ear telling him to send the player off.

If I were Vertonghen I would ask why earlier in the game his own player spent a minute laying on the floor clutching his leg to make sure Dier was booked and then was able to smile and laugh when his teammate kicked the ball into his head as he was laying there?

Indeed, and then jumped straight back up....

That's his job

Is it? If it were me I would be saying that the referee treated the player harshly. I would be saying that the Spurs defender made nothing of it so why did the referee feel the need to. I would also be absolutely slamming my own player for giving the officials the opportunity to make the decision as it is that player who have probably cost his team 3 points.

Is it? If it were me I would be saying that the referee treated the player harshly. I would be saying that the Spurs defender made nothing of it so why did the referee feel the need to. I would also be absolutely slamming my own player for giving the officials the opportunity to make the decision as it is that player who have probably cost his team 3 points.

Absolutely. There was no way for Verts to NOT fall over as he pincered his legs. He immediately turned to the player like "WTF Man!", not rolling around pretending it hurt him.

So much nonsense talked about this incident, not least by the MoTD pundits. Everybody knows that, in this day and age, if you lash out with your feet at another player like that, it's a straight red card, and if Hull had been playing Man Utd or Liverpool, that would have been all Phil Neville would have had to say on the matter. The player kicked out; the linesman saw it; thereafter the ref had no option, end of.

It was obvious that us winnings yesterday was not what either Motd or Sky wanted for thier programming, there is nothing they like more than a big club in crisis !!!

So much nonsense talked about this incident, not least by the MoTD pundits. Everybody knows that, in this day and age, if you lash out with your feet at another player like that, it's a straight red card, and if Hull had been playing Man Utd or Liverpool, that would have been all Phil Neville would have had to say on the matter. The player kicked out; the linesman saw it; thereafter the ref had no option, end of.

this .. in fact the prick tried to kick out twice, if you watch the replay he wanted to kick Dembele, then settled for kicking Verts.

Add to the fact that it is an off the ball incident .. the player gave himself every chance in the world to be sent off. Bruce can **** off with his spectacle ****, nobody is interested in off the ball handbags and the game was actually more interesting (if inevitable) after the red card.

Sounds like you're reaching a bit there - black box was a glorified mini cinema from what i could see - a place for the relevant people to view the videos compiled by his team. Probably got a bit of high tech equipment in there along the lines of G.Nevs giant ipad on MNF but that's about it

Article about Southampton and black box here - http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/ (you have to click on the article on home page link to view it)

But you get fined if you criticise a referee and its so clichéd no one listens anymore. All the talk today has been about Verts. I can't even remember the Hull players' name because it has barely been mentioned.

Yes, privately criticise your own player. But publically deflecting attention onto someone/something else is the name of the game for coaches when it comes to PR.

On a side note, I'm surprised no one has compared it to Beckham's red against Argentina yet. Beckham was roundly condemned then, while Simone behaved far worse that Verts.

It was obvious that us winnings yesterday was not what either Motd or Sky wanted for thier programming, there is nothing they like more than a big club in crisis !!!

They are spoilt for choice this season. In fact you could say that 6 of the 7 big clubs (City, United, Arsenal, us, Liverpool and Everton) are in crisis this season. We still seem to be getting the worst press though, even though we spent £160m less than United in the summer.

They are spoilt for choice this season. In fact you could say that 6 of the 7 big clubs (City, United, Arsenal, us, Liverpool and Everton) are in crisis this season. We still seem to be getting the worst press though, even though we spent £160m less than United in the summer.

They don't like talking about a Liverpool in crisis.

Chelsea must pay Croatian side Rijeka £8million for forward Andrej Kramaric.

Kramaric is attracting the interest of several of Europe’s top teams, with reports in Croatia suggesting there are as many as 15 clubs chasing him.

According to those reports, Kramaric’s father travelled to London this weekend for talks with the Premier League leaders. The player was also scouted by Chelsea during Rijeka’s recent fixture against Zadar.

Kramaric, 23, was given his senior Croatia debut this year and has figured in their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. Yet Chelsea would be cautious about paying a relatively high price for a player who has yet to prove himself in Europe’s major leagues.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-talks-open-over-8m-deal-for-andrej-kramaric-9879686.html

No they're not. They'll pay whatever it takes to keep him away from everyone else.

Mario Balotelli's agent has revealed that the Liverpool striker, 24, will not be making a return to Italy. (Daily Mail)

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 24, who has been a target of Manchester United, has revealed he is open to a move to the Premier League after recovering from injury. (London Evening Standard)

Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are the trio of clubs who now want to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus, 25, after Chelsea pulled out of the race. (Metro)

Real Madrid are stepping up interest in Liverpool midfield prospect and Spain Under 18 captain Pedro Chirivella, 17, who has been training with Liverpool's first team this season. (Daily Mail)

Dinamo Zagreb have warned Arsenal and Tottenham that they will have to spend big if they want to sign their defensive midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, 22. (Daily Star)

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville believes that Liverpool's recent slump in form is a result of the squad's mental and physical shape. (Daily Express)

Crystal Palace are to travel to Indian sides Mumbai City FC and Star Sports to seek the best 16-19 year-olds, one of whom will get the chance to train at the club's academy. (Daily Mirror)

Article about Southampton and black box here - http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/ (you have to click on the article on home page link to view it)

Good read.

Now in his fifth season at Southampton, [Technical Director, Martin] Hunter says it is “quite simply the best football club I have worked in”. “It’s the most progressive club I’ve been at, and there’s a great unity and discipline here,” he adds.

...in contrast to the perennial politicking, disruption and division there always is at this club. It seems to have been that way for ever, and to my way of thinking, that sort of a culture is generally fed from the top down. I really hope Levy is focussed on changing it, and not just "casting around for magic beans," as one Saints fan put it.

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, 30, is set to join Championship side Brighton on loan with the club's record signing unable to get playing time under manager Paul Lambert . (Daily Express)

Wesley Sneijder's agent has revealed he will hold talks with Galatasaray chiefs following the 30-year-old Dutch midfielder's recent omission from the Turkish side's squad, and Manchester United could be ready to make a move. (Daily Star)

Hull City are looking to sign Spurs winger Aaron Lennon, 27, in January. A move to the KC Stadium would see him link up with former Tottenham team-mates Tom Huddlestone, Jake Livermore and Michael Dawson. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in the battle to sign Inter Milan's 21-year-old striker Mauro Icardi. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are ready to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, 32, Porto striker Jackson Martinez, 28, and Norwich winger Nathan Redmond, 20, in a £47m triple deal in the January transfer window. (Metro)

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has received a major injury boost after midfielder Ander Herrera and defender Jonny Evans came through a reserve match unscathed on Tuesday night as they come back from injury. (Daily Mail)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Spanish striker Ayoze Perez, 21, says he is enjoying life at St James' Park but that his rise to stardom has come as a surprise. (Daily Mirror)

Alan Curbishley has turned down an approach to make a return to Fulham as director of football after the two parties were unable to agree on a financial package. (Daily Mail)

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, 30, is set to join Championship side Brighton on loan with the club's record signing unable to get playing time under manager Paul Lambert . (Daily Express)

Wesley Sneijder's agent has revealed he will hold talks with Galatasaray chiefs following the 30-year-old Dutch midfielder's recent omission from the Turkish side's squad, and Manchester United could be ready to make a move. (Daily Star)

Hull City are looking to sign Spurs winger Aaron Lennon, 27, in January. A move to the KC Stadium would see him link up with former Tottenham team-mates Tom Huddlestone, Jake Livermore and Michael Dawson. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in the battle to sign Inter Milan's 21-year-old striker Mauro Icardi. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are ready to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, 32, Porto striker Jackson Martinez, 28, and Norwich winger Nathan Redmond, 20, in a £47m triple deal in the January transfer window. (Metro)

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has received a major injury boost after midfielder Ander Herrera and defender Jonny Evans came through a reserve match unscathed on Tuesday night as they come back from injury. (Daily Mail)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Spanish striker Ayoze Perez, 21, says he is enjoying life at St James' Park but that his rise to stardom has come as a surprise. (Daily Mirror)

Alan Curbishley has turned down an approach to make a return to Fulham as director of football after the two parties were unable to agree on a financial package. (Daily Mail)

I thought for a while that Lennon would end up at Hull (rather than places like QPR or Fulham where he's previously been linked). Him and Hudd were obviously best mates, and it's back closer to his family too.

Back