• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Morata and Soldado are both pure CFs. I'm not sure either could play as a wide forward.

If we got Morata, we'd still need to replace Bale.

I'd expect us to line up first week with

Chadli---Soldado---Lamela

with Soldado and Morata rotating through the season (and probably both Ade and Defoe being moved on, keeping Demspey as 3rd choice + 2nd choice LF).

Thanks...I thought Soldado could play as an attacking forward coming from the right or left as part of a 4-3-3? My bad...

What a joke. Which English club is going to be able to pay/ afford the ridiculous fee Anzhi will ask for?

if they ask for 30 mill and we have the Bale money i see AVB trying to twist Levy's arm

Thanks...I thought Soldado could play as an attacking forward coming from the right or left as part of a 4-3-3? My bad...

No he can't . Even if he could , thts no pt to play your best striker far from the goal .

Mourinho did played Morata on the left forward in some matches last season (for exp when they beat Barca in April ) and he did well .

Morata and Soldado are both pure CFs. I'm not sure either could play as a wide forward.

If we got Morata, we'd still need to replace Bale.

I'd expect us to line up first week with

Chadli---Soldado---Lamela

with Soldado and Morata rotating through the season (and probably both Ade and Defoe being moved on, keeping Demspey as 3rd choice + 2nd choice LF).

know something we dont???

Would hate it if we lined up with a forward line made up of players who have never played in the PL before...

Is the Ade to Turkey thing a go-er?

Would hate it if we lined up with a forward line made up of players who have never played in the PL before...

i wouldnt....our forward line were Baled out too many times at the end of last season. We need a fresh start, ta new forward line cant do any worse than Ade, Defoe and even Lennon

Ade and Defoe had played in the PL before last season, did it help them that much?

I'd be really happy if we manage to get hold of Morata, I think there could be a chance of a loan move with a high cost option to purchase

I think we all know first week it'll be

Lennon----Defoe----Dempsey

It'll take a few weeks for the new lads to get into the squad.

I'd be very surprised if Soldado doesn't feature in the first match. Our record signing (by a long way) and the striker that's supposed to be the answer to our problems up front, will not sit on the bench against Crystal Palace. (IMO of course)

I'd be very surprised if Soldado doesn't feature in the first match. Our record signing (by a long way) and the striker that's supposed to be the answer to our problems up front, will not sit on the bench against Crystal Palace. (IMO of course)

Agree. He's got two weeks to get to know the rest of the squad and hopefully Bale

Agree. He's got two weeks to get to know the rest of the squad and hopefully Bale

if Bale doesnt get fit soon and start training again i cant see him being ready for Palace...thats if he is still here of course

Lamela is just the obvious like-for-like replacement for Bale. And one of Baldini's boys too.

I've seen you and a coupple of others tout Lamela around here, but what I'm wondering is would he come here? If he's so highly rated wouldn't there be someone "bigger" sniffing around?

I've seen you and a coupple of others tout Lamela around here, but what I'm wondering is would he come here? If he's so highly rated wouldn't there be someone "bigger" sniffing around?

He's only 21 and only had two seasons in Europe - one finding his feet and then one exceptional one. At £30m he's probably too expensive for most clubs, but not glamourous a name yet for the real big boys. He kind of only really fits the bill for someone whose just had £85m land in their lap and need an explosive left-footed right-side forward.

Give him two seasons at WHL and he could succeed Bale as the worlds most expensive player.

I guess his relationship with Baldini will be the draw for him, as well as the exposure/money of the EPL.

Would be very surprised if Ade is still a spurs player this time next week. Barring injuries to Soldado, Ade is going to start very games this season and doesn't strike me as the sort of player with the right attitude and dedication to training to have sitting around on the bench and not playing.

Sell him and ideally Defoe as well; if both go, bring in a second choice senior CF and a kid

Back