• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Agree. We have 6 senior players (plus kids) for those positions but none are outstanding
We are in that "next phase" position - the players we have a mostly top 4 players. But none (?) are top 3 players - most of them could grow to be top 3 though.
Add in the CL and we expose the current limitations of our squad.
I'd like to see an experienced head come in (no idea who) to give the others a little space to breathe and progress themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Stop Press

Harry wanted to sign

Boateng
Schweinstegier
Busquets
Xavi
Messi

but got Sandro, Gallas, Van der Vaart, Khumalo and Pienaar....that bastard Levy

We should look into Dolberg from Ajax, maybe part exchange with Janssen if no progress is seen over the coming period from him.
Mbappe from Monaco (17 with potential)
Maximillian Phillip from Freiburg (can play all 3 positions behind striker)
Emil Forsberg from RB Salzburg, if possible. goals and assist.

these are cheaper and young alternatives for our squad

if affordable, possible.
Julian Brandt - Leverkusen
Julian Draxler - Wolfsburg
Isco
Oscar
Willian
that Nigerian from City.

We should look into Dolberg from Ajax, maybe part exchange with Janssen if no progress is seen over the coming period from him.
Mbappe from Monaco (17 with potential)
Maximillian Phillip from Freiburg (can play all 3 positions behind striker)
Emil Forsberg from RB Salzburg, if possible. goals and assist.

these are cheaper and young alternatives for our squad

if affordable, possible.
Julian Brandt - Leverkusen
Julian Draxler - Wolfsburg
Isco
Oscar
Willian
that Nigerian from City.

We are not signing anyone from Chelsea, period. Thankfully, they're never signing anyone from us either, so we're not unduly missing out.

For what it's worth, if one or more of our central attacking midfielders were to leave this coming summer, I'd be reasonably happy with getting Siggy back - especially given Poch's comments about him today. Never felt like he was given a fair shake here, and if there's a space for him to play in his favored CAM position, I think we should at least consider the idea.

Prem proven, home-grown, can take a mean corner/free-kick (although we apparently do our hardest to train that out of players that come here :p ), scores his fair share for an attacking midfielder, has a mean shot from outside the box and works really hard both on the field and in training. Plus, he's a bit older and (hopefully) wiser now than he was when he first came here.

Of course, we'd need to drop a CAM first - that means either Eriksen or Alli. So, it's unlikely to happen unless we sell one of them.

We are not signing anyone from Chelsea, period. Thankfully, they're never signing anyone from us either, so we're not unduly missing out.

For what it's worth, if one or more of our central attacking midfielders were to leave this coming summer, I'd be reasonably happy with getting Siggy back - especially given Poch's comments about him today. Never felt like he was given a fair shake here, and if there's a space for him to play in his favored CAM position, I think we should at least consider the idea.

Prem proven, home-grown, can take a mean corner/free-kick (although we apparently do our hardest to train that out of players that come here :p ), scores his fair share for an attacking midfielder, has a mean shot from outside the box and works really hard both on the field and in training. Plus, he's a bit older and (hopefully) wiser now than he was when he first came here.

Of course, we'd need to drop a CAM first - that means either Eriksen or Alli. So, it's unlikely to happen unless we sell one of them.

I still believe if Poch could upgrade on Eriksen he would. Alli is a top player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I still believe if Poch could upgrade on Eriksen he would. Alli is a top player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's difficult to find a #10 like Eriksen, though. There's plenty of more creative ones, there are a few who are more consistent goalscorers, but I don't think there are any outside of perhaps the Coutinho/Firminho pairing who work as hard as Eriksen does on and off the ball.

It's difficult to find a #10 like Eriksen, though. There's plenty of more creative ones, there are a few who are more consistent goalscorers, but I don't think there are any outside of perhaps the Coutinho/Firminho pairing who work as hard as Eriksen does on and off the ball.

That's a fair point indeed, and explains why he remains in the side and will do unless one of those pearls becomes available/purchaseable. I think if Poch could get a Llallana, Isco or even Mata (all of which I must say I think are beyond us for a variety of reasons) then he would do it at a snap. For me, he will always be best coming off the left and rotating across the three from the left side.

The only striker I would add to the clubs roster in the next 12 months is Beraniho on a free, I like Janssen and think he will improve in the next 12 months, he reminds me of Giroud, I think he will eventually get a few goals for us.

The only striker I would add to the clubs roster in the next 12 months is Beraniho on a free, I like Janssen and think he will improve in the next 12 months, he reminds me of Giroud, I think he will eventually get a few goals for us.

He's scored 1 in his last 29 appearances. He'll Michael Ricketts his way off to Walsall and Tranmere soon.

Why bring in a high-wage bed blocker when we have Harrison and Sterling?

He's scored 1 in his last 29 appearances. He'll Michael Ricketts his way off to Walsall and Tranmere soon.

I dont think Berahino is great at all, however Harrison hasnt looked like he'll make it on the few occassions I've seen him play and Sterling isnt out of nappies yet

I dont think Berahino is great at all, however Harrison hasnt looked like he'll make it on the few occassions I've seen him play and Sterling isnt out of nappies yet

I think Berahino will surprise a few if he found the right club. He is a good example of the skill set argument I used above. He has, pace, skill, finishing. He has just lost his way a bit. If he was fit and hungry under a manager he got along with I think he would be a player. He is also capable of playing off the left or right side as well as up top.

You wont get many with natural talent like his for the reduced price he will be available at (zero at the end of the season). And lets not forget, most forwards looking at coming to us, will have to understand H is the main man, and most decent ones wont want to be on the bench.

He would not be on a high wage, he would come with something to prove after the west brom chairmen screwed him over. He is a proven prem scorer who has had to put up with subs appearances for a manager who is anti football and trying to kill the poor lads career.

He played and linked up so well with Kane at youth level for England that I would love to see it again, he can play coming in off the sides and would be a great addition, it is the sort of out of the box thinking I wish we would engage in more often.

I am all for Sterling and Harrison being given a chance as well.

Players can look so much better in one team from another, that Spanish lad Aspas who used to be at Liverpool is looking good now he is back in Spain. Sometimes players need a fresh chance.

But we're talking a fourth choice player behind Kane, Janssen and Son. In Poch's 22 man squad, we don't have any flab of senior players.

He would not be on a high wage, he would come with something to prove after the west brom chairmen screwed him over. He is a proven prem scorer who has had to put up with subs appearances for a manager who is anti football and trying to kill the poor lads career.

He played and linked up so well with Kane at youth level for England that I would love to see it again, he can play coming in off the sides and would be a great addition, it is the sort of out of the box thinking I wish we would engage in more often.

I am all for Sterling and Harrison being given a chance as well.

I don't think he was ever that good, just someone with a bit of pace. The odds of making a top flight career for himself now, vs dropping through the leagues, is very long. I think Poch is also finding out with Sissoko how hard a bad attiude is to turn around.

Did Kane and Berahino ever actually play that much together? Or was it just a particular game or two that everyone remembers? I remember Crouch-McVeigh being a devasting partnership at youth level. But one turned out to be really crap and the other was Paul McVeigh.

Back