• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Pretty much the same as ALL football supporters go on about. They sit in the stands/armchairs saying/screaming we need another couple of players, it always easy when they are not having to pay for them or when all they have to do is push a button on a kids abacus game. ;)

And they don't need to bother about them if they fails.

There is a a well-hidden secret between these two and the others. The one who seeks will find.

Sissoko has been in and around the first team squad since arrived really as was Son last year - it's basically entirely individual for each signing rather than some black and white rule

Sissoko has been in and around the first team squad since arrived really as was Son last year - it's basically entirely individual for each signing rather than some black and white rule

Who said something about a rule? For me, the "in and out" situation just show that Poch evaluating if the player is ready or not. Having said that, situation can arise where Poch are, more or less forced to play a certain player, regardless if Poch belive that the player is ready or not.

Pretty much the same as ALL football supporters go on about. They sit in the stands/armchairs saying/screaming we need another couple of players, it always easy when they are not having to pay for them or when all they have to do is push a button on a kids abacus game. ;)

You can add the 'pundits' to that.

'what d'you think (insert random club here) need to make a challenge?'

'well i think they need 2 or 3 good quality signings to be up there or in with a chance'................yawn.

I love the thought that there could already be someone within our ranks (or academy), and that we have a manager that is (and has been) capable of turning round/improving/unearthing just the kind of gem that as a by product saves us money and the merry-go-round of the transfer market.

The good thing about having an engrained system, is some players only have to be intelligent, willing to listen, learn and work hard to be able to be an asset to the team. We may need some stardust at some stage, but ready made stardust cost too much for where we are at the moment. BUT we can find rough diamonds.....we've had two of the worlds top players come thru our club in recent years.

Psst, psst...want some more??

Tottenham are considering a move for Andrea Ranocchia after Jan Vertonghen's injury, according to reports in Italy.

Vertonghen is facing at least two months out after suffering ankle ligament damage in Saturday's victory over West Brom.

This setback has left Spurs short on centre-backs and Ranocchia could fit the bill as ideal cover.

The 28-year-old has been short of first team action at Inter Milan so far this season, having started just five games.

Watford are also understood to be keen on the Italy international.

http://talksport.com/football/totte...targeted-after-injury-jan#bl35dYQDW2oVSTQX.99

Psst, psst...want some more??

Tottenham are considering a move for Andrea Ranocchia after Jan Vertonghen's injury, according to reports in Italy.

Vertonghen is facing at least two months out after suffering ankle ligament damage in Saturday's victory over West Brom.

This setback has left Spurs short on centre-backs and Ranocchia could fit the bill as ideal cover.

The 28-year-old has been short of first team action at Inter Milan so far this season, having started just five games.

Watford are also understood to be keen on the Italy international.

http://talksport.com/football/totte...targeted-after-injury-jan#bl35dYQDW2oVSTQX.99

Talkbrick does exactly what it says on the tin.

Black and yellow rule ... not being pc at all

Who said something about a rule? For me, the "in and out" situation just show that Poch evaluating if the player is ready or not. Having said that, situation can arise where Poch are, more or less forced to play a certain player, regardless if Poch belive that the player is ready or not.

well the post i was replying to mentioned players that Poch signs 'disappearing for 6 months whilst they get conditioned' - i was pointing out that that's not really the case at all - some aren't involved in first team affairs from the off but plenty have been used from the beginning.

so the idea that any player signed in the Jan window wouldn't be ready to play apart for us this season isn't based on anything conclusive.

Had both played for Poch/in Poch's system before

Alderwiereld never played under Pochettino did he? Koeman had his own coaching team at Southampton and wouldn't have been following the previous managers training style/methods.

Sissoko was in and around the squad from the beginning of the season as was Son, Wimmer, Davies, Alli, Fazio when they all signed.

the only players to have disappeared after signing are ones which have later been moved on - Stambouli and N'Jie - hopefully thats not the case with N'koudou and he is indeed an example of a player being brought up to speed away from the first team

well the post i was replying to mentioned players that Poch signs 'disappearing for 6 months whilst they get conditioned' - i was pointing out that that's not really the case at all - some aren't involved in first team affairs from the off but plenty have been used from the beginning.

so the idea that any player signed in the Jan window wouldn't be ready to play apart for us this season isn't based on anything conclusive.

Well, I don't know Poch, so I cannot say for sure, but I get a feeling that he really wants to evaluate and try-out the players before he puts them into action and thefore it might looks the the player have dissappeared.

So in the ideal world, I belive that Poch to condition a new player first but how long time that will take depends on many factors. And sometime Poch is forced to throw in a player earlier than expected.

Simeone at Athletico plays the same system

I would guess that Poch would disagree with you there. It's a similar system insofar as it is centred around pressing, but I think there are differences, not least in the type of playing personnel that they have used in different positions. The pace, and style of play is also quite different in Spain in comparison to the EPL necessitating different "systems". I find it quite interesting that the pundits, for all their knowledge, talk about Klopp and Poch having the same "pressing" system. Poch I think pretty much ridiculed this.

As for the other points about some players settling in better than others. That's just real life! Some are more adaptable, some work harder than others and some are more intelligent than others. There was an article on SkySports about our targetting of Alderweireld, and it was quite informative to see just why he was picked over others and explains why he settled more easily into our "system" than others. Familiarity with Jan, the fact that he is a natural organiser/leader and the fact that he is rarely injured all point to him being able to settle in well. Compare this with Sissoko, and you have someone who was not used to our way of play, was a big fish in a small pond, not a natural leader and who was needed to be fitter than Toby given the distance covered by our midfielders v central defenders.

I echo @parklane 's comment regarding player purchases not being as easy as people think. Language, settling into London, our system, moving into a hungry group of players are all factors that are dealt with differently by different players. It's said countless times, but there is risk with every transfer, and sometimes it is just luck that dictates whether a player hits the ground running or struggles early on. We have plenty of examples of both as do many other clubs, but we probably have more of the latter than the former hence why we have been able to run at a net spend of £1m which is a stark difference to other clubs.

Simeone at Athletico plays the same system

Really? Not sure that's the case; and Alderwiereld didn't do well there, whgilst he has done very well with both us and Southampton, so it's all a moot point anyway.

Plus, more importantly, YOU YOURSELF didn't think we should buy him as "he wasn't as good as Fazio" and "he was only made to look good because like Lovren he played next to Jose Fonte"!!

Now, he now according to you, has hit the ground running with us unlike other playrs "because he played in the same sustem under Simeone"!!!o_O

You are not just reversing your lorry but actively accelerating backwards over the cliff!

Funny that you say it, because the Scousers have been screaming "Buy, buy, buy..." all along since Saturday. Apperently they consider their squad as rubbish, so it can't be that good, or can it? Or maybe they work at the stock market too.
What the f&@k has the stock market got to do with it?
You obviously missed the subtlety of my post about 'risk management'.
I thought our aims were to improve and try and win trophies.
Well injuries, especially to our goal scorers is a big risk. Not to mention loss of form or a need to have a more attacking line up.
To do this we need cover.
I am not advocating a totally gung-ho approach but we do need to be looking. Top players are not always likely to move but Kante went to Chelsea, without CL, can we get Mahrez?
How about more realistically Arnatouvic or Carrasco from Athletico.
We do need to keep looking to mitigate risks. Or do you think Kane eg is not ever going to get injured?

Last edited:
An ambitious buy would be a good thing in January .. we are close, statement of intent, some additional x factor could help.

However its plainly obvious the club has killed whatever leaks used to exist, and no ones has a fudging clue what/who our plans include.

Really? Not sure that's the case; and Alderwiereld didn't do well there, whgilst he has done very well with both us and Southampton, so it's all a moot point anyway.

Plus, more importantly, YOU YOURSELF didn't think we should buy him as "he wasn't as good as Fazio" and "he was only made to look good because like Lovren he played next to Jose Fonte"!!

Now, he now according to you, has hit the ground running with us unlike other playrs "because he played in the same sustem under Simeone"!!!o_O

You are not just reversing your lorry but actively accelerating backwards over the cliff!
Gutterboy's "alternative facts" are absolutely unquestionable.

Back