• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Lingard released by Forest after only playing 60mins of football in 2023!

Do you remember when there were discussions of who was better... Lingard or Dele. Hard to believe neither of them are considered good enough for any PL club anymore!

Do you remember when there were discussions of who was better... Lingard or Dele. Hard to believe neither of them are considered good enough for any PL club anymore!

"J lingz" is an absolutely knob dele at the least did show some amazing talent.

Either way they have ruined their own careers ... I mean if you can't be bothered under Mourinho to succeed then you are on your own.

I don't like to read posts that list huge numbers of players, but please hear me out.

We've played 343 for a while, which realistically means only 2 in midfield. These guys then get overstretched and outmanouvered.

So lots of us would like to see 3 in midfield e.g. Skipp holding with Bentancur and Bissouma roaming about as they like.

I love the sound of that... but BECAUSE Son and Kane will not be dropped, a 3 man midfield means either
433 with e.g. Son Kane Deki up front and no start for Porro (because Royal would need to be the right back)
Or
532 with "just" Son and Kane up front i.e. Porro wingback and no place for Deki. That feels rather defense heavy with 3 centre backs and 3 in midfield.

So... are we saying 433 for definite?

If we throw 10 players in the bin: Perisic Sessegnon Reguilon Gil Ndombele LoCelso Sanchez Tanganga (Danjuma Moura), that still leaves us with plenty of players, for example we would only need 2 defenders to get:

...........Son..........Kane........Porro
subs.....Udogie......Richie.......Deki

...........Bissouma...Skipp....Bentancur
subs......Sarr........????.......Hojbjerg

........NewLB...NewCB.......Romero....Royal
subs...Davies....Lenglet.....Dier........Spence

((Assumes Reguilon/Sessegnon are not fit to play left back))

So why are people talking about some attacking midfielder to knit things together, we have too many players to get game time already?

Agree with a lot of that, however as our squad is imbalanced in multiple ways there's going to be sacrifices needing to be made (competent players sold or not starting) whichever route the new man goes down.

I just hope that in say 2 years time the squad has a better balance and we sign players for a specific purpose. Whilst our transfer activity has been better in the last couple years, its felt at times that we've signed a player just because they're available on terms which we are prepared to meet and almost irrespective of their fit with our squad

I'd prefer 4-2-3-1 but conceptually similar

- 4 in back pretty much as you have it, I'd rather Dier go with Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon.
- 2 sitting players, 1st choice likely Bissouma & Bentancur (much more press resistant. comfortable with ball)
- Wide attacking players Son/Richie/Deki if playing higher up, Udogie/Porro if playing more midfield role
- Kane

To your question, what the midfield lacks in a world class passer, or someone who can travel with ball/beat their man and can add goals from midfield. That's why everyone is discussing that "creative" midfielder. Let me play out the scenario for you

-------------------- New GK -----------------
Royal -----Romero -------- New CB -- New LB
----------- Bentancur -------- Bissouma -----
Deki -------------- Eriksen ---------- Son ----
--------------------- Kane ----------------------

Obviously we won't get Eriksen, but it highlights the point, and Eriksen/KDB player that had the freedom of two sitting behind him gives you the option of playing into middle, then out wide or to Kane vs, being stuck with only out wide then back in.

Alternatively, if you played a speed/dribbler type that could break the lines from midfield, it would also add to the options

That looks good, but I'm not sure Bentancur and Bissouma is a strong enough midfield. They aren't as strong as Dembele Wanyama. So it might be a bit too lightweight in reality. And if one is injured you are throwing in Skipp or Hojbjerg which feels worse. So I think it is flawed and has too many attackers.

That looks good, but I'm not sure Bentancur and Bissouma is a strong enough midfield. They aren't as strong as Dembele Wanyama. So it might be a bit too lightweight in reality. And if one is injured you are throwing in Skipp or Hojbjerg which feels worse. So I think it is flawed and has too many attackers.
They are better users of the ball as a pair and with Bentancur in particular significantly so. So whilst that pairing probably loses out in outright physicality it gains in quality of possession and usage of the ball; assuming Bissouma can recover something of his Brighton game here.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The irony of him only signing for a year because he expected them to go down, he'd be a shining light and get a good free transfer.

They are better users of the ball as a pair and with Bentancur in particular significantly so. So whilst that pairing probably loses out in outright physicality it gains in quality of possession and usage of the ball; assuming Bissouma can recover something of his Brighton game here.

Also with VAR the games become less physical than it was, the emphasis now is to hold shape and use ball better than be a blockbusting midfielder.

Celtic fans panicked now that Ange may wish to bring their star Japanese striker with him. But I just think the jump from Scottish to English Prem is too great for a player, whatever about a manager. Success of Hart & Carter-Vickers there reveals as much.

A few very targeted additions in key positions should be our aim this summer - Raya, Laporte, Maddison, for eg - with just as big a focus on culling the deadwood once & for all.

Celtic fans panicked now that Ange may wish to bring their star Japanese striker with him. But I just think the jump from Scottish to English Prem is too great for a player, whatever about a manager. Success of Hart & Carter-Vickers there reveals as much.

A few very targeted additions in key positions should be our aim this summer - Raya, Laporte, Maddison, for eg - with just as big a focus on culling the deadwood once & for all.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be too excited by Kyogo coming with him. He can barely get a run for the Japanese national team, and they’ve never produced a striker of Premier League quality.

And don’t forget, in the system mocked up above, Eriksen would likely be covering more ground than any in that system. So the ‘off the ball’ work would be pressy rather than combative. I personally love that combination in midfield and mentioned it recently in another thread.

Who can fill the Eriksen slot though?

Ndombele - would be good in games where we are struggling to unlock, like Eriksen, will drop deep to pick up the ball. Unlike Eriksen, won’t be covering a huge amount of ground.

Maddison - Watched him quite a few times this season and haven’t been overly impressed. Would solve free kick issues and, on form, can go big on goals and assists.

Morgan Gibbs White - Said on this thread a few months ago. Love his style - has class but also works his socks off. Can also cover for Son when needed. Maybe wants to play a little higher up generally but is evolving his style.

GLC - More suited to 433 than 4231. Heart wasn’t in it for me. Whenever he could get out of playing he did, but was always available for Argentina.

Ward Prowse. Would be more suited to 433 than 4231. Set pieces sorted. Not quite the class I feel. Age not on his side as a signing.

Whether we want 433 or 4231 - It has to be a player that is comfortable in possession and capable of connecting defence with attack. That way we will be keeping the ball rather than trying to win it back - hence not needing an out and out CDM.

And don’t forget, in the system mocked up above, Eriksen would likely be covering more ground than any in that system. So the ‘off the ball’ work would be pressy rather than combative. I personally love that combination in midfield and mentioned it recently in another thread.

Who can fill the Eriksen slot though?

Ndombele - would be good in games where we are struggling to unlock, like Eriksen, will drop deep to pick up the ball. Unlike Eriksen, won’t be covering a huge amount of ground.

Maddison - Watched him quite a few times this season and haven’t been overly impressed. Would solve free kick issues and, on form, can go big on goals and assists.

Morgan Gibbs White - Said on this thread a few months ago. Love his style - has class but also works his socks off. Can also cover for Son when needed. Maybe wants to play a little higher up generally but is evolving his style.

GLC - More suited to 433 than 4231. Heart wasn’t in it for me. Whenever he could get out of playing he did, but was always available for Argentina.

Ward Prowse. Would be more suited to 433 than 4231. Set pieces sorted. Not quite the class I feel. Age not on his side as a signing.

Whether we want 433 or 4231 - It has to be a player that is comfortable in possession and capable of connecting defence with attack. That way we will be keeping the ball rather than trying to win it back - hence not needing an out and out CDM.

"hence not needing an out and out CDM": in terms of not needing a ball-winner, I agree, but a ball-retaining holding CM we do and is part of Ange's system. Skipp is the obvious person in the current squad

Regarding the other names you mention, there's no way in the world Ndombele will fit into Ange's high tempo tactics I'm afraid

"hence not needing an out and out CDM": in terms of not needing a ball-winner, I agree, but a ball-retaining holding CM we do and is part of Ange's system. Skipp is the obvious person in the current squad

Regarding the other names you mention, there's no way in the world Ndombele will fit into Ange's high tempo tactics I'm afraid

Skipp, Biss, Bentancur would be too defensive imo. I’d be happy enough with it in away games vs top oppo though.

I think we agree on Ndom - but he could still be the wildcard against stubborn defences. Remember how blunt we looked last season, that will need a change in personnel aswell as a change in formation. I don’t expect 30 lots of 90 mins from him but he could defo be an impact player. Suspect he’ll want more though.

Skipp, Biss, Bentancur would be too defensive imo. I’d be happy enough with it in away games vs top oppo though.

I think we agree on Ndom - but he could still be the wildcard against stubborn defences. Remember how blunt we looked last season, that will need a change in personnel aswell as a change in formation. I don’t expect 30 lots of 90 mins from him but he could defo be an impact player. Suspect he’ll want more though.
Ndom can want more but nowhere he's gone have given him more.

Back