• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Isn't that the issue? he didn't try .. him and fudging Mbappe hiding out in the French league ..

PSG's project looked good at first: plenty of money and they looked like they really wanted to win the Champions League. Of course, there was always a risk that 2022 would be the sell-by date. I'll give you that the French league is meaningless now but so are most of the others. He had to do something special and winning the Champions League repeatedly with an upstart club and/or winning the World Cup could have been something special.

Unfortunately, apart from his first season in France, where he got something close to a goal a game, his stats are nothing special. They're good, but nothing close to a guy who was considered a once-in-a-generation talent. It takes a special mentality to keep on going when you've got everything you want in life. He obviously doesn't have it.

PSG's project looked good at first: plenty of money and they looked like they really wanted to win the Champions League. Of course, there was always a risk that 2022 would be the sell-by date. I'll give you that the French league is meaningless now but so are most of the others. He had to do something special and winning the Champions League repeatedly with an upstart club and/or winning the World Cup could have been something special.

Unfortunately, apart from his first season in France, where he got something close to a goal a game, his stats are nothing special. They're good, but nothing close to a guy who was considered a once-in-a-generation talent. It takes a special mentality to keep on going when you've got everything you want in life. He obviously doesn't have it.

Their issue has been that there is no real reason to continue to plough endless cash into a one team League that doesn't appeal commercially. I suspect the owners are now getting bored and it's only ego that's blocking the Mbappe stuff.

I thought they opted to pay an annual fee to keep the status and non French Nationals are still tax free? Unless that changed since Covid?

That was 2014. But in 2015 the courts threw it out and said it was unacceptable: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33465304.

I'm not sure what the current situation is, but they don't have the unlevel playing field they did that year or two when they went nuts and bought Falcao and James Rodriguez etc.

Their issue has been that there is no real reason to continue to plough endless cash into a one team League that doesn't appeal commercially. I suspect the owners are now getting bored and it's only ego that's blocking the Mbappe stuff.

He's basically given up, spends most of his time partying or in the treatment room, think player power at PSG is ridiculous. Doubt it was tolerated at Barca, too many dedicated players there. That's what happens when you splash the cash. Similar to City back in the day when they went through the early era with Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor, Robinho etc.

They are rebuilding and targetting French players, will probably pay off but French league is so weak they're barely tested so flop under pressure in the CL.

Think we still need another CB as well as a CF. Not been linked with any for a bit. Can’t just be VDV. As well as Sanchez played on Sunday we know that’s not a long term solution. As he’s always had spells of good form.

Think we still need another CB as well as a CF. Not been linked with any for a bit. Can’t just be VDV. As well as Sanchez played on Sunday we know that’s not a long term solution. As he’s always had spells of good form.
We need 2 left and 2 right
Currently we have a first choice 2
We need to know who the back up is
If it’s Sanchez right then cool
Still need the left
Ideally a player who can push both sides to be first choice would be great

We need 2 left and 2 right
Currently we have a first choice 2
We need to know who the back up is
If it’s Sanchez right then cool
Still need the left
Ideally a player who can push both sides to be first choice would be great
Even accepting Sanchez is the most suitable for what if it is only one incoming I hope we do get someone who can play both, as I fear Romero will miss more games than vDv.

I can't see Davies being an option for this high line as backup lcb either.

So now Lavia wants to go to Chelsea not Liverpool....another £60m. And Chelsea are also looking at Michael Olise from Palace.

As much I find it funny that this keeps happening to Liverpool, what am I missing here, wtf is going on with Chelsea spending all this money, is FFP not a thing amymore?

So now Lavia wants to go to Chelsea not Liverpool....another £60m. And Chelsea are also looking at Michael Olise from Palace.

As much I find it funny that this keeps happening to Liverpool, what am I missing here, wtf is going on with Chelsea spending all this money, is FFP not a thing amymore?
They sell players to offset the spend
The spend spread over 5 years
The sales income is instant

I'm just sat here watching in some disbelief as three numptys are defending and even praising Chelsea's business in the last year or so on SSN.

I understand their 'transfer model' and that's it's legal but when is someone in the media going to call them out for once again making a mockery of football?

I'm just sat here watching in some disbelief as three numptys are defending and even praising Chelsea's business in the last year or so on SSN.

I understand their 'transfer model' and that's it's legal but when is someone in the media going to call them out for once again making a mockery of football?

Some football finance guy just said they are failing FFP on purpose, same as PSG and Inter have done before. He reckons in the past you'd just get a fine of x million so it's pointless but going forward there is a real possibility of a point deduction from the PL so they are just taking that chance really.

Some football finance guy just said they are failing FFP on purpose, same as PSG and Inter have done before. He reckons in the past you'd just get a fine of x million so it's pointless but going forward there is a real possibility of a point deduction from the PL so they are just taking that chance really.

Chelsea are not in europe so not subject to uefas rules at the moment. Pl rules are more lenient in the fact that you can lose more and have more adjustments for the covid period. Nobody has ever been punished for breaking pl ffp rules. So we don't know what the punishment for that is yet.

Chelsea are not in europe so not subject to uefas rules at the moment. Pl rules are more lenient in the fact that you can lose more and have more adjustments for the covid period. Nobody has ever been punished for breaking pl ffp rules. So we don't know what the punishment for that is yet.

Yep that's what he was saying. Other PL teams will be pushing for harsher punishments going forward such a shame points deductions.

He said they will be fine in this accounting period but they would need to sell a LOT of players to make the 2024 accounts

As it stands if they were to qualify for Europe next year they wouldn't meet the UEFA ffp rules. They need to sell.

So in effect they are buying up a load of players that they can sell in the future to offset against FFP, Cheatski do love a loop hole
Kinda
All depends on the timing
They can’t write them off any longer than 5 years anymore
And they will sell HG players more and more IMO as they have a zero book value

Back