• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

And yet we are getting permission to build new housing. It will take decades to pay off all the loans while expenses to run non football activities continue to increase

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
It won't take any extra time with any new builds. We currently have cash tied up in land that isn't generating anything. Get houses on them and we can sell them for a decent profit within a couple of years.

And yet we are getting permission to build new housing. It will take decades to pay off all the loans while expenses to run non football activities continue to increase

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
The loans on the property are pinned to that
So they payback when they are developed
They have nothing to do with the clubs funds

No let's just get the last 5 years to make your point a little more valid ...

We have been the 6th highest net spenders and not even close to the top 5 over the last 20 years of ENIC ... so yes point ... be competitive enough to be relavent and get lucky once in a while.

With a terrible strategy of recruitment and timing of player purchases and sales.

Are Arsenal a cheapo club because they spent over a decade as the lowest spenders in the league around their stadium build?

Don’t think anyone said that in this case did they? It was pretty clear that Blackburn were playing a stupid game here. Their only real chance was to agree a new contract with Phillips themselves that removed the release clause and (one assumes) doing that would’ve meant a big risk for them in paying him a wage very out of step for the level of their club.

Last edited:
Don’t think anyone said that in this case did they? It was pretty clear the club that Blackburn were playing a stupid game here. Their only real chance was to agree a new contract with Phillips themselves that removed the release clause and (one assumes) doing that would’ve meant a big risk for them in paying him a wage very out of step for the level of their club.

There was plenty of freak-out on my Twitter timeline.

The loans on the property are pinned to that
So they payback when they are developed
They have nothing to do with the clubs funds
Because no lender on property is securing the loan on another asset
They don’t lend that way
At least none of the development lenders I’ve ever worked with do
And we won’t have drawn down on any funding yet as nothing has been built

I don't know why you lot bother. Every day the threads are cluttered with primary school level explanations to counter the dumb things posted. I can't work out if they are WUMs, gooners or idiots, but just block them and starve them of air. I miss @Crawley, he wouldn't have stood for the brick on this forum.

Shifting the goalposts again to suit your agenda? I'd expect nothing less.

No you put the parameters out for 5 years I was talking about the owners ... they have not been in charge for just 5 years..

I'd expect nothing less ... jog on

Because no lender on property is securing the loan on another asset
They don’t lend that way
At least none of the development lenders I’ve ever worked with do
And we won’t have drawn down on any funding yet as nothing has been built
Do we have any debt secured on property? THFC have (so far) taken on debt secured against the football club. My guess is that the club will find a development partner who will foot the build costs and share the profits for the future property developments.

Last edited:
Are Arsenal a cheapo club because they spent over a decade as the lowest spenders in the league around their stadium build?

No because before their stadium they spent money and did some good things with titles, had a brilliant transfer strategy and recruitment ... our owners don't do they?

Don’t think anyone said that in this case did they? It was pretty clear that Blackburn were playing a stupid game here. Their only real chance was to agree a new contract with Phillips themselves that removed the release clause and (one assumes) doing that would’ve meant a big risk for them in paying him a wage very out of step for the level of their club.
Further to my last post I’m not even convinced any of this nonsense with Blackburn is true.

I suspect we had simply bid the release clause but it hadn’t come into effect yet and the delay has just been waiting for it to trigger on 1st August. Blackburn had no reason to accept our bid until the clause came in to effect and used the interim period to try to get us to up our bid, entice others to bid and perhaps also to attempt to get the player to agree to a new contract with a higher release clause.

No you put the parameters out for 5 years I was talking about the owners ... they have not been in charge for just 5 years..

I'd expect nothing less ... jog on

You made the statement that since the stadium has been built we were cheapos.

If you said we have spent badly, i'd agree.
If you said i would like someone else instead of levy in charge, or new owners. I'd agree.
If you had said the years since the stadium had been built have been disappointing. I'd agree.

But you have to go full bs about the club not spending money since the stadium build.

Keep it to reality and you might have everyone agreeing with you.

Should have stuck with the old WHL set up then?
Maybe stop at the stadium, monetize it as much as possible to feed football needs. Owners pump in more money until we are regular champions league starters. Then only go build more hotels and residences to take football to the next level.

Still builds equity, but more slowly. At the current rate it looks, like Levy wants to sell out before funding the football side because he can't stomach the risks

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Maybe stop at the stadium, monetize it as much as possible to feed football needs. Owners pump in more money until we are regular champions league starters. Then only go build more hotels and residences to take football to the next level.

Still builds equity, but more slowly. At the current rate it looks, like Levy wants to sell out before funding the football side because he can't stomach the risks

How much should they pump in?

Or he wants to release the money that is tied up in land that we own that is generating zero income?

I don't know why you lot bother. Every day the threads are cluttered with primary school level explanations to counter the dumb things posted. I can't work out if they are WUMs, gooners or idiots, but just block them and starve them of air. I miss @Crawley, he wouldn't have stood for the brick on this forum.
Sometimes I feel like blocking the worst of it but it'd end a very quiet forum and just an echo chamber.

Do we have any debt secured on property? THFC have (so far) taken on debt secured against the football club. My guess is that the club will find a development partner who will foot the build costs and share the profits for the future property developments.
The debt for the stadium is secured now on the club I assume
It’s commercial debt I believe and it’s a refinanced model from what we had previous
But most development finance I’ve ever worked with is secured as the build goes on
Then at the end you flip to different funding routes with a fixed asset

Back