• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

The Mirror are talking up us looking at Shane Long as Defoe's replacement. At £4 million it looks as though he could be decent value, not as explosive as JD but kows where the back of the net is. Thoughts?

The Mirror are talking up us looking at Shane Long as Defoe's replacement. At £4 million it looks as though he could be decent value, not as explosive as JD but kows where the back of the net is. Thoughts?

Better backup to Ade at least.

I'd prefer Berahino to Long as I think he has huge potential although Long wouldn't be the worst signing.

Would be a good signing for us. IMO very underrated, good movement and energy. Would work hard for the team and surely score from the chances we are creating.

According to Dutch paper De Telegraaf we've made an official approach to take Buttner on loan from United with an option to buy.

For 4mil that's a no brainer for me. Yes I would like Dzeko or someone of that ilk but that's hardly going to happen especially in January. At worst you could flip him on for a profit after a season.

Guess who's got an opinion?

Tottenham

What they need in a nutshell: A left-back, so they can strengthen in the centre.

Window shopping: After signing so many people over the summer, the last thing Spurs need now is a lot more new players to bed in but what they do need is a new left-back so Jan Vertonghen can return to the centre of defence.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto is on loan at QPR but I would leave him there and try to get somebody else in.
There is a young kid at Ipswich called Aaron Cresswell who has been playing very well but he has just signed a new deal. Then there is someone like Southampton's Luke Shaw who has also been linked with a move, but I cannot see that one happening.
Even if Spurs got an experienced left-back as a short-term signing it would benefit the team because Spurs' full-backs are well protected on the flanks with two wingers in front of them. Down the middle, they need Vertonghen.

Linked with: Andrea Ranocchia 25, CB (Inter Milan), Fredy Guarin 27, CM (Inter Milan), Diego Perotti 25, AM (Sevilla), Mohamed Salah 21, FW (Basel), Ciprian Marica 28, FW (Getafe), Ezequiel Lavezzi 28, FW (Paris St-Germain), Kevin Volland 21, FW (Hoffenheim), Alexandre Pato 24, CF (Corinthians), Paul-Georges Ntep 21, CF (Auxerre), Giuseppe Rossi 26, CF (Fiorentina), Alex Buttner 24, LB (Manchester United), Luke Shaw 18, LB (Southampton), Shane Long 26, CF (West Brom).

If we do sell Defoe then Pato and Long with Buttner on loan (we won't get Shaw imo) would be just super.

If we do sell Defoe then Pato and Long with Buttner on loan (we won't get Shaw imo) would be just super.

We don't need four strikers, surely. Especially with Kane still around and Tim's preference for blooding youth players.

I feel that one of the reasons Levy appointed Tim permanently is probably because he wouldn't demand a squad reshuffle in the January window. Hence, I don't think we'll see much this January. Defoe might leave to Toronto FC (my local team! \o/ ), in which case we'll probably sign Long (if the quoted price is accurate) and Buttner on loan. And to be honest, I don't think we need much more than that, unless a top class striker or center-back is available to us for a fee and wages we can afford, which is unlikely given the dynamics of these mid-season windows.

Why get Buttner on loan when we can just recall Ekotto?

I don't think we can recall him. If I remember correctly, it was reported that QPR were paying us a fee to loan him, so wouldn't that then make him ineligible to be recalled for the duration of his loan spell?

Maybe we can go for Mata on loan? I imagine we will want to bring him in - on loan for six months - no move from London etc etc etc

Doubt chelscum would deal with us though

Out of interest though, where would Mata fit in the Wonky?? I'd be loathe to put him in Eriksen's place when we won't be keeping him after his loan.

Out of interest though, where would Mata fit in the Wonky?? I'd be loathe to put him in Eriksen's place when we won't be keeping him after his loan.

Probably the only place he can fit in, to be honest. The idea is that we play a four-man midfield with two CMs, one traditional winger hugging the touchline (thus allowing the full-back on that side to stay defensive) and one going inside with the full-back on that side going down the overlap on the touchline, correct? If so, I see two possible combinations in that midfield: either a midfield (from left to right) of Eriksen-----CM---------CM--------Lennon, with Eriksen being the inside forward/ midfielder and Lennon being the winger, or (again left to right) Townsend---------CM-----------CM--------Lamela, with Townsend being the traditional winger and Lamela being the inside forward. Other options are Chadli (can play a winger on both flanks) or Siggy (can play as inside forward on the left), but really the only place a player like Mata could play is on one of the flanks as the 'inside' man, lest our central midfield become too lightweight with his inclusion.

Mata woud be an indulgent type purchase. Dont think we need him in all honesty (I would have got him in if we stayed with AVB and the 4231) but the 442 wonky or whatever it is - doubt we will need him.

Back