• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Trans stuff

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I really don't mind it, each to their own.

I'm on a train from shoreham by sea to Brighton and the are 5 different college kids all different parts of the train. I can't work out what they are.

Actually quite like how open people are with regards sexuality around here. Is it trend or is it like covid and all started from dodgy shower gels getting into the blood system or children, changing their neuron pathways in their brain.

Well the below is a new one on me !!
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Absolutely fudging ridiculous

1699982756717.png

All the fines from Ulez paying for the celebrations I expect

Why do you think it’s ridiculous?

It’s one of the most attacked minority groups and has one of the highest suicide rates.

You're asking questions to the type of geezer who thinks that the country's lost to islamic transgendered refugees who've all arrived on small boats.

From what I can see, he doesn't ever answer questions, it takes actual thought to articulate feelings and to provide context of why hold a certain view / stance but it doesn't take much to share hateful memes whether they're truthful or not. It's a miracle the keyboard hasn't broken from the amount of drool that must be on it in addition to the tippex on the screen, I wouldn't expect a nuanced response.

You're asking questions to the type of geezer who thinks that the country's lost to islamic transgendered refugees who've all arrived on small boats.

From what I can see, he doesn't ever answer questions, it takes actual thought to articulate feelings and to provide context of why hold a certain view / stance but it doesn't take much to share hateful memes whether they're truthful or not. It's a miracle the keyboard hasn't broken from the amount of drool that must be on it in addition to the tippex on the screen, I wouldn't expect a nuanced response.

I’m on a mission to civilise.

I'm on a train from shoreham by sea to Brighton and the are 5 different college kids all different parts of the train. I can't work out what they are.

Actually quite like how open people are with regards sexuality around here. Is it trend or is it like covid and all started from dodgy shower gels getting into the blood system or children, changing their neuron pathways in their brain.
Not trans but when I told my daughter I was voting yes for same sex marriage she told me she was gay. My response was a laugh & tell her my love for her was unconditional & she should never hide who she is. Sadly my ex wife response was somewhat different. It's a phase apparently & she'll get over it. My daughter is 27 & has been living with her partner for 2 years. Yep definitely a phase

Not trans but when I told my daughter I was voting yes for same sex marriage she told me she was gay. My response was a laugh & tell her my love for her was unconditional & she should never hide who she is. Sadly my ex wife response was somewhat different. It's a phase apparently & she'll get over it. My daughter is 27 & has been living with her partner for 2 years. Yep definitely a phase

Good on you mate

Reactions: DTA

Although it's not necessarily my place to say or really any of my business I hope your ex wife has come to a better understanding in regards to your daughter. We've had a similar response in our family to one or two people coming out and what I've tried to really take on board is that people's opinions are transient. Hopefully after being blessed with a bit of awareness, someone will be able to move on from their view that was perhaps just born out of not being comfortable with something that isn't/ wasn't the norm in their mind rather than from a place of malice.

Sadly, some folks are just hateful clams through and through, which is displayed even in this very thread. Still waiting for a well thought out response from Mark but unsurprisingly just hearing cricket noises in that front.

I don’t mind or care what people identify as, refer to themselves as. Live and let live I say. I do think however we need more of a reasoned debate when it comes to trans participation in sports for examples. There isn’t a good solution, just the least bad solution. Letting trans women compete against women who have always identified as women doesn’t seem 100% fair to me nor does excluding trans athletes and not allowing them to compete. The fairest choice to me would be to create an open or a trans category. Yes it’s not ideal and it would be a rather small and limited pool but it seems more sensible than the other two choices.

I just thought it was funny I turned into my dad who used to say in the 70s he did not know whether the youngsters with long hair angle jewelry were men or women.

Although it's not necessarily my place to say or really any of my business I hope your ex wife has come to a better understanding in regards to your daughter. We've had a similar response in our family to one or two people coming out and what I've tried to really take on board is that people's opinions are transient. Hopefully after being blessed with a bit of awareness, someone will be able to move on from their view that was perhaps just born out of not being comfortable with something that isn't/ wasn't the norm in their mind rather than from a place of malice.

Sadly, some folks are just hateful clams through and through, which is displayed even in this very thread. Still waiting for a well thought out response from Mark but unsurprisingly just hearing cricket noises in that front.
Sadly several years have passed & no change in attitude my daughter has given up trying. initially my son was shocked but came round pretty quickly & is now her biggest supporter.

In my opinion mark is not going to respond because it doesn't reinforce his world view. People on the left & right will tell you your with us or against us. The people in the middle are drowned out. Me & you could disagree on many things but we are open to a discussion without insulting each other we might even change our minds. Sadly in 2023 whoever shouts the loudest wins.

In my opinion mark is not going to respond because it doesn't reinforce his world view. People on the left & right will tell you your with us or against us. The people in the middle are drowned out. Me & you could disagree on many things but we are open to a discussion without insulting each other we might even change our minds. Sadly in 2023 whoever shouts the loudest wins.
Not insulting anybody, in my view it's a load of absolutely gonad*s as is the woke culture that's trying to be forced on all, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it
If people don't agree with me and they clearly don't on a lot of issues that's upto them, I honestly don't care especially not a load of random people on a message board

Not insulting anybody, in my view it's a load of absolutely gonad*s as is the woke culture that's trying to be forced on all, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it
If people don't agree with me and they clearly don't on a lot of issues that's upto them, I honestly don't care especially not a load of random people on a message board
Except I didn't say you were insulting anyone read it again. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion & I would never suggest otherwise. As for woke culture this is the definition of woke in the dictionary aware of social and political issues, especially racism
e this has been changed by the right of politics to mean something completely different. Strange how the right & left twist things to fit there agendas
Is it woke for me to want my gay daughter to be happy & marry her partner or to fight racism in all it's forms.

I don’t know anything about this Transgender Day of Remembrance. But it is IN Remembrance, not against it, so that has to be good, right? I don’t know the situation of past transgender military personnel but given the way homosexuality was treated in the armed forces until very recently, I would hazard a guess that anyone serving who was trans would have had a difficult time of it (understatement). Is this call-out because they are honouring trans people who have served (and therefore highlighting the part played)? Quite why that would be bad I don’t know. You might say - with some justification - that it doesn’t matter and Remembrance is Remembrance, which is true. But there are some categories of people who were treated abhorrently despite their service, so maybe this way they finally get some recognition?

Sadly several years have passed & no change in attitude my daughter has given up trying. initially my son was shocked but came round pretty quickly & is now her biggest supporter.

Kudos to you and your son. I know some people find these terms irritating but to understand on an empathetic level there are so many things that are part of an inherently heteronormative society that LGBTQ people have to deal with that often aren't evident. I don't imagine many people have been estranged from their family/ shunned by parents for being straight. Compared to some other countries we are tolerant but it's a fairly recent development, at least people aren't allowed to be openly promoting hate but it comes out in other ways.

I can't claim to never resorting to insulting someone when discussing things, I do try to be reasonable and respectful but do fall short of those standards at times, it's not an excuse nor an advisable approach but I do tend to march energy - If someone is being an arse instead of attempting to understand the other person's view I'll most likely end up being an arse instead of just calling it quits. I guess the labels of left and right weren't ever meant to be helpful, a little like "woke" it can be misused and as such be fairly divisive.

So the well nuanced response of "It's my opinion and I don't care what anyone thinks about it" has arrived! Adults who come on to a discussion forum to post their views but give no context or detail as to why they hold that view, it's quite remarkable.

Who is it being forced on?

You are the one who has seen this and decided to start posting about it.

Google Ricky Gervais guitar lessons.

Except I didn't say you were insulting anyone read it again. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion & I would never suggest otherwise. As for woke culture this is the definition of woke in the dictionary aware of social and political issues, especially racism
e this has been changed by the right of politics to mean something completely different. Strange how the right & left twist things to fit there agendas
Is it woke for me to want my gay daughter to be happy & marry her partner or to fight racism in all it's forms.
The trouble is, it is such a broad term nowadays and everyone has their own definition or idea of what it means. I think the bolded part of your post is what it originally meant and honestly I believe most right minded people are on board with those values. Again it’s not something that is easy to sum up on football forum but I’ll give it a go (or at least give my thoughts on what it means and why it is such a hot topic). Whilst I don’t agree with Marky’s views in his original post and often find myself disagreeing with his political views in general, I do understand where he’s coming from in certain situations and I realise how woke culture can be a bit of an eye roll to some people. There’s people who are woke in the sense that you mean, being alert to social issues for example which is something I’d like to describe myself as. But there is a particular type of woke person that is very irritating; the type of person who judges everyone (alive or dead) by today’s standards. It’s ludicrous to hold people like Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Winston Churchill to 2023 standards when they lived hundreds of years ago in very different times, less tolerant and progressive times. I don’t see what pulling down their statues and renaming schools that were once named after them does to help people that have been dealt a bad hand in society. Maybe it’s a generational thing, but I blame universities for a large part of it for indulging students with safe spaces, trigger warnings etc and allowing them to shout speakers down and bully people who disagree with them.

Social media hasn’t helped either. Everyone now has a platform so they feel the need to pile on people who they disagree with. I just don’t feel that being super woke and liberal necessarily go hand in hand. Liberalism is about lifting people up who have been cheated or hard done by whereas I feel some woke people are more about virtue signalling and self loathing and scolding everyone, it doesn’t actually help anyone.

I also feel it reduces everything to black and white, with us or against us mentality when in reality life is more complex than that. There isn’t always a right a wrong. Take the Israel-Palestine conflict for example, large portions of the left have decided that Israel are the bad guys and Palestine are the good guys. 32 student groups at Harvard recently blamed Israel for the Hamas attack on October 7th. Like I said before, it’s a difficult issue and I accept Israel doesn’t always cover themselves in glory with how they respond but blaming them for the original attack is preposterous.

It’s no secret that Hollywood and the entertainment industry has always been left leaning but I feel a lot of the content these days has a preachy SJW agenda which I don’t feel was the case 10 years ago and I can see why it irritates people.

To answer your last paragraph, it shouldn’t be classed as woke to want your daughter to be happy and to fight oppression. My personal view is you do that by arguing and persuading whereas I don’t feel that censoring or policing language is that effective. I hope your daughter can one day live in a world that doesn’t discriminate, sadly I don’t think you will ever truly get rid of prejudice but I do also feel things gradually improve as time goes by.

Kb, further to my previous post, Jonathan Haidt succinctly sums up the SJW worldview in 2 minutes. He is a university professor at NYU and co-wrote a book about the changes on campus since around 2013 when gen Z started going to college.

Back