• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Townsend, Rose and Kane.

I think they're all good signings and will come good. Lamela looks really good to me, reminds me of Bale when he couldn't get any luck but clearly had outstanding technique and body shape when using the ball.

Like others I am pleasantly surprised by Kane being OK as his start point was v low

Totally changed my view when he played on the left - looked good. Still young and gaining experience in the U21 set-up. Would love another youth product to come good!

I've posted before that I saw Harry play for Milllwall against Blackpool last year. He played very well on the left of a front three. Scored a nice goal towards the end of the game. Millwall fans loved him. Clip below, goal at 0.35 in.

[video=youtube;F8myYFX4N9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8myYFX4N9Y[/video]

I think Harry deserves his own thread. He could be the new Teddy.

I've been saying this for years! Very similar to Teddy - not quick, but has a good goalscoring record, good on the ball, holds the ball up and uses it well, even has a similar stature to Teddy

I think Chadli has looked a very very good signing, Capoue also in his early performances.. Our transfer activity is not all doom and gloom.

I agree, I think some of our signings have looked pretty good and others just need a bit of time.

It's more me giving credit to these 3 young players who have managed to get a chance this season and have responded by putting in good performances.

For what? scoring 1 goal? how many minutes has he played?

Lets start Kane and then when he doesn't score for 2 or 3 games we can then rip into him.

yes

for bleeding youingsters to really test their potential.
for the sake of succession planning
for the hell of it.

only way we can rip into the guy is to see him attempting to do it.

but here's another perspective - perhaps kane is really better than defoe for the way we are setup to play at the moment. defoe is delivering nothing in the league for us at the moment, and started at our worst defeat against west ham. what risk is there in starting kane?

Those three players have been at the club for a combined period of 25 years.

The seven newbies have barely been at the club a combined 25 days.

Those three players have been at the club for a combined period of 25 years.

The seven newbies have barely been at the club a combined 25 days

Your maths is horrific. Surely it's a combined 7 months as all 7 have been here at least month.

Townsend has been the most impresive, and Kane probably deserves a shot. Rose has looked promising when he's played, but he hasn't played often, and he's running out of time to impress. A new left-back in January would probably put paid to his regular spot in the first eleven, and that's what we'l probably do if his injury takes him right through November like it took him out of both September and October.

Townsend has been the most impresive, and Kane probably deserves a shot. Rose has looked promising when he's played, but he hasn't played often, and he's running out of time to impress. A new left-back in January would probably put paid to his regular spot in the first eleven, and that's what we'l probably do if his injury takes him right through November like it took him out of both September and October.

Yep i will go along with most of that.

Rose needed 2 or 3 months or regular games to prove he was up to it for us, not his fault he got injured but you imagine we will try and do something in that position in the january transfer window.

Townsend i absolutely love and he has proved himself to a certain extent but he has a long way to go to hold down the spot, still parts of his game that need working on.

Kane maybe once we qualify for the next stage of the europa league will get more chances, i would have him ahead of ade, **** i should be ahead of ade. Maybe a good loan in the second half of the season is the best thing for him.

What the youngster holding there own has shown that english born players are not inferior like the common belief would have you believe. If a few more come through maybe the new trend will be to go for english players or home grown ones. With all the coaching they have had i would think we should favour them anyway.

I also hope it shows carroll and pritchard that they have a chance of one day making it into the spurs first team.

I thought Kane was an incredibly positive influence when he came on, a great shot that hit the woodwork, a disallowed goal and finally a very well taken goal.

Very pleasing IMHO.

Back