• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Townsend, Rose and Kane.

Kane has had about 2 good games (Cardiff away when coming on the left and today).
Townsend had a lot to prove, came into the team on the back of a strong performance in the league with QPR
Rose the same, the left back slot was his own and had come back from a very good showing with Sunderland.

If anyone has outperformed them it's Townsend, but i'd say he has been our player of the season so far.

its easier for homegrown players to make an impression than it is for big money signings.....there is far less pressure on them

just imagine if Townsend had cost us 30 mill, Kane 12 mill and Rose 10 mill......the media and fans are obsessed by price tags

For Kane, we've only seen a little bit of him. But he just looks like a much improved player.

Townsend has out-performed any of our summer signings imo.

I think Rose has been very good and the team has missed him whilst he's been injured.

Got to give all three of them a lot of credit, they are doing their best to impress and stake their claim for a spot in the squad/team.

People need to get away from the idea that Kane is a striker.

agreed.......looks like a no 10 to me with the ability to interchange with the striker and to score lots in the behind the striker role.....

comparable to sheringham methinks.

agreed.......looks like a no 10 to me with the ability to interchange with the striker and to score lots in the behind the striker role.....

comparable to sheringham methinks.

What have we achieved with our strikers so far?
Kane can be the perfect foil to set up runs for paulinho and siggy who have a good eye for goal.

People need to get away from the idea that Kane is a striker.

He can finish, he can hold the ball up and bring others into play......that makes him similar to Sheringham and from what i remember Teddy was always refferred to as a striker

If we ever go for a formation with 2 strikers, imo Kane can be one of them playing just behind/around the likes of either Soldado or Defoe

What have we achieved with our strikers so far?
Kane can be the perfect foil to set up runs for paulinho and siggy who have a good eye for goal.

a reasonable point but I would argue Soldado has been feeding off s****s so its a bit harsh....and defoe has been getting goals in Europa.

I think as an attacking midfielder or a support striker just behind someone is best for ol arry.

perhaps he is the link between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 when we play against the teams who park the Winnebago.

a reasonable point but I would argue Soldado has been feeding off s****s so its a bit harsh....and defoe has been getting goals in Europa.

I think as an attacking midfielder or a support striker just behind someone is best for ol arry.

perhaps he is the link between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 when we play against the teams who park the Winnebago.

Currently the way we play doesn't bode well for the classic finisher like Soldado and Defoe, who tend to get the ball too late and is often crowded out too easily. Having Kane in the number 10 position as the furthest forward player would tease the defensive line forward, and create space for others to run into.

So if one striker, let's just plug away with Soldado. Defoe is useless alone up there against better opposition.so the alternative to me is Kane.

Every time ive seen Kane (prior to this season) i thought he was utterly hopeless but this season he's looked a totally different player in his cameos. He suddenly found a turn of pace and can suddenly beat players. He's improvement has been drastic and long may it continue (he's definitely better playing in a wide position and cutting in).

Every time ive seen Kane (prior to this season) i thought he was utterly hopeless but this season he's looked a totally different player in his cameos. He suddenly found a turn of pace and can suddenly beat players. He's improvement has been drastic and long may it continue (he's definitely better playing in a wide position and cutting in).

I was alarmed to hear how highly rated he is by the staff…good for him! The lad has worked his ******** off…and agree, he looks so much better, most likely down to the staff and him too of course.

Impressed by how Kane has grown. I've always said he was a poor-man's Peter Crouch, but think differently of the lad now. Strong, good on the head, got a powerful shot. We should definitely go 4-4-2 and give the lad some chances. Played well last night. Cool as you like penalty as well. :)

I think Chadli has looked a very very good signing, Capoue also in his early performances.. Our transfer activity is not all doom and gloom.

Paulinho has looked solid
Soldado is quality, easy to see, just needs more service
Eriksen is quality too, as seen in his first few games, just needs more time
Chadli has gotten a bit too much stick in my opinion, has looked good to me, great cross on the guy
Chiriches looks good to me, a bit immature, but he's got skills
Lamela hasn't showed a lot, lacks confidence, just needs to get a goal or two and a run of games, will be good eventually
Capoue looked a beast in his first few games

I think we're good. ;)

Back