• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Touch

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
Is it just me or do we have a team full of guys whose first touch is terrible bar a few?

I know the pitch tonight was bad which doesn't help a passing game but the lads don't help themselves with so many poor first touches.

Hate to say it but its what sets us apart from Wengers boys- something which AVB needs to iron out of a few of our lads.

Thoughts?

its good that someone is appreciating the value of this skill.

but i dont agree that we have too many players that are terrible at it

I dont agree.

Soldado, Eriksen, Holtby, Dembele, Lennon, Vertonghen, Lamela, Chadli all have great touches in my view.

Our players now have an excellent touch, that is one of the key things the recent foreign influx brought us.

Standout bad touch players would be the English lads and Adebayor, but I can't think of another, who did you have in mind, or are you just talking about tonight's pitch?

Hahaha omg that pitch was terrible! Nobody would show a great first touch on it. I happen to think we have plenty of players with good touch...

his touch is one of the best i've seen from ANY tottenham player, dont think ive ever seen him take a bad touch. obviously the goal vs. chelsea in 2006 is near the top of the list
Gotta agree with the mentions for Lennon here. Not something people bring up a lot, but his first touch is excellent. Play him the ball in any kind of way and he will gently bring the ball down.

Um no, most of our players have good control and touch - even most of our defenders and goalkeepers do...

Chiriches looked classy out there.

Not the word I would choose after watching the montage of his moments ITV showed after the game.

But he seemed to get away with it and a clean sheet. Another delayed decision about this guy for me.

Is it just me or do we have a team full of guys whose first touch is terrible bar a few?

I know the pitch tonight was bad which doesn't help a passing game but the lads don't help themselves with so many poor first touches.

Hate to say it but its what sets us apart from Wengers boys- something which AVB needs to iron out of a few of our lads.

Thoughts?

It's just you.

have to say though , that the word 'great' is getting thrown about way too often.

its not terrible but the touches for a lot of these players arent great either. its alright - good for most of them.

I think this is why when a spurs fans sees something as standard for a good player as pass and move......they go nuts. its just cause we arent used to it on our team

great touches are Van P, berbatov, occasionally suarez, silva, toure,...relative for defenders i would say verts and vermaelen have great touches also.

players like the above are the Dexter morgans of touches

have to say though , that the word 'great' is getting thrown about way too often.

its not terrible but the touches for a lot of these players arent great either. its alright - good for most of them.

I think this is why when a spurs fans sees something as standard for a good player as pass and move......they go nuts. its just cause we arent used to it on our team

great touches are Van P, berbatov, occasionally suarez, silva, toure,...relative for defenders i would say verts and vermaelen have great touches also.

players like the above are the Dexter morgans of touches

Question of definition probably, but to me that's a bit harsh affy.

Quite a few superlatives that can be used over and above great. For top players in a top league great seems a good description, for the very best there are other words.

Ok so maybe last night has slightly coloured my views more than I thought, but JD is a big culprit at this IMO, his first touch is sometimes suspect. and I have noticed a few others struggle at times with controlling passes from team mates, which is either down to a poor first touch or just a rubbishly hit pass. We do tend to hit some poor passes, though don't get me wrong compared to where we were last season this current squad are much more technically gifted.

Back