• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's Greatest

Who best personifies THFC?

• Total voters

VolSpur

Ramon Vega
Was watching a show on the greats of each PL club and it got me to thinking.

In your opinion, which one player embodies Tottenham Hotspur football most?

Plenty to choose from, but who would you say personifies THFC?

I'd genuinely like to hear who everyone thinks, and why. Maybe you grew up watching them or could be for some completely different reason.

i'll add a poll, everyone likes a poll.

Last edited:
Sir Steven Perryman - epitomised the "boys from White Hart Lane". Met him once at a dinner and his humbleness blew me away. Was genuinely honoured to have captained our club and put the club before anything else during his career.

Hope above all that he pulls through his ills.

"when Steve went up, to lift the FA cup................"

Klinnsman!! why anyone would choose him i dont know! one season then fooked off to a better offer.

if Tottenham was a player it'd be Hoddle - skill, style, flair - achieved a lot less than he should have and under rated by those on the outside (or perhapps it should be Dominguez - all style no substance :D)

but Perryman should be the answer to the question in the OP no doubt

Where's Dozzell?

It's a dodgy list (no offence Vol), lets be frank, anyone not voting for Bill is mental.

Should just be players, and if we're having Sheringam, why not include Anderton? Just as worthy, and didn't fudge off.

You can't really look further than Bill Nicholson can you? He's done pretty much everything at this club! He was hired as a ground-staff boy when he first arrived, signed professionally with the club then come back after the war and won the title alongside the likes of Alf Ramsey. He then went on to manage the club, bringing us numerous honours including the first double of the 20th century and our first (and Britain's) European trophy. After retiring, he was an advisor and eventually the club president. How we don't have a stand re-named after the guy is a mystery. The ethos that he drove into the club still resonates today, something that started nearly 80 years ago!

Back