• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Palace FA Cup OMT ***

I think that will be addressed this summer. Poch is very particular who he brings into the squad.

We are still at the START of the Pochettino Tottenham journey. Have had a very good season but if the stadium move does not derail us (the pitch at Wembley is crap) it will get better and better

But several of the chances we almost scored from came from players that are clear cut first choice players at the moment. Particularly Kane and Alli... Son is also either first choice or close to it. Of the front 4 Onomah was the only one not likely to start any given league game. And I would expect our plans come the summer to most definitely include a plan to continue developing Onomah.

But several of the chances we almost scored from came from players that are clear cut first choice players at the moment. Particularly Kane and Alli... Son is also either first choice or close to it. Of the front 4 Onomah was the only one not likely to start any given league game. And I would expect our plans come the summer to most definitely include a plan to continue developing Onomah.

It will give us even more options in games like yesterdays to rest players for Cup and Europe

Fwiw, I think Onomah had a good game. Looked like he belonged, had good touches, and minimal mistakes. Bentaleb, for once, was also more forward looking, as opposed to his usual back passing.

We did look shakier than usual defensively, though. Might have been the fact Dier didn't play in midfield. Attackwise, we once again failed to put away our chances. As much as I would have liked for us to go through, it was just one of those games. We played at a level sufficient to get the win, but it didn't fall for us. Look at Arse against Hull: same thing, only Hull never scored. In a one-off, these results will happen.

booed every time he touched the ball.

Our support was freaking shocking yesterday - more or less completely quiet for 90mins

There was a bit of a strange atmosphere yesterday. At the lower level, the singing/chanting normally spreads from block 35 around to 30/31 but with Palace having most of the Park Lane yesterday it all felt and sounded a bit disjointed. There was still a good bit of singing in 30/31, mostly in the first half, but probably not enough to resonate around the ground, not very consistent and it did seem to peter out sooner than it would usually do.
Fair play to Palace fans though. They were loud. Bloody annoying, but loud. It must have lifted their team. I do wish we could be better support-wise at home sometimes.

Re Ade : he was booed, but it wasn't as vociferous as I thought it might be. Although he was crap, and didn't get on the ball much, so there wasn't much to boo most of the time. A few attempts by one or two individuals at the "your dad washes elephants" song, but it never took off.

There was one amusing back-and-forth between our fans and theirs after Ade c*cked up a pass :
“That’s why he plays for you”.
“And you’re still paying him”
“You can’t afford him”.

Fwiw, I think Onomah had a good game. Looked like he belonged, had good touches, and minimal mistakes. Bentaleb, for once, was also more forward looking, as opposed to his usual back passing.

We did look shakier than usual defensively, though. Might have been the fact Dier didn't play in midfield. Attackwise, we once again failed to put away our chances. As much as I would have liked for us to go through, it was just one of those games. We played at a level sufficient to get the win, but it didn't fall for us. Look at Arse against Hull: same thing, only Hull never scored. In a one-off, these results will happen.

This sums it up for me. We were the better team overall (consistent throughout the season really). We definitely missed Toby and whilst it’s good that we have Dier to drop back to CB, we did look more exposed without his presence in midfield. Other than replacing some of Walker's final balls with Trippier crosses, I don't think we did anything particularly wrong yesterday. It was just one of those days where a bit more rub of the green would have seen us finish as winners. Disappointed that we are out of the FA Cup? Yes, for sure, especially as on our day we are easily as good as if not better than those left in the competition. But given the wider context of where we are this season, I don't feel as bad about it as I might otherwise have done.

There was a bit of a strange atmosphere yesterday. At the lower level, the singing/chanting normally spreads from block 35 around to 30/31 but with Palace having most of the Park Lane yesterday it all felt and sounded a bit disjointed. There was still a good bit of singing in 30/31, mostly in the first half, but probably not enough to resonate around the ground, not very consistent and it did seem to peter out sooner than it would usually do.
Fair play to Palace fans though. They were loud. Bloody annoying, but loud. It must have lifted their team. I do wish we could be better support-wise at home sometimes.

Re Ade : he was booed, but it wasn't as vociferous as I thought it might be. Although he was crap, and didn't get on the ball much, so there wasn't much to boo most of the time. A few attempts by one or two individuals at the "your dad washes elephants" song, but it never took off.

There was one amusing back-and-forth between our fans and theirs after Ade c*cked up a pass :
“You can’t afford him”.

This sums it up for me. We were the better team overall (consistent throughout the season really). We definitely missed Toby and whilst it’s good that we have Dier to drop back to CB, we did look more exposed without his presence in midfield. Other than replacing some of Walker's final balls with Trippier crosses, I don't think we did anything particularly wrong yesterday. It was just one of those days where a bit more rub of the green would have seen us finish as winners. Disappointed that we are out of the FA Cup? Yes, for sure, especially as on our day we are easily as good as if not better than those left in the competition. But given the wider context of where we are this season, I don't feel as bad about it as I might otherwise have done.

Best chant of the game :)

Wonder if we'd have got a repeat of his celebration against Arsenal when he scored for City had he scored.

He was decent enough in the lead up, spoke well

Another day woul dhave been 4-1, too many times are games labelled "one of those days" yesterday was...

Until we next win a game....hopefully it can go Thursday night, failing that it had better be gone on Sunday night.

Thank goodness. If it had been until the summer I might have had to delete the account and start over.

The question is, why do you @Jordinho still have Savage as your avatar. Does the crotch bring you luck?

“You can’t afford him”.

Now that's proper fan banter. Much better than hearing that Arsenal fan on a string

So many people saying we were unlucky, we had one of those days and its nothing to worry about.

But this season in the League we've been unlucky during games and where previously a Tottenham team would have let the game go thinking "well it's not our day", Poch's team refused to accept bad luck. All season we have been forcing game to our will, coming back from losing position and pushing until the end.

On Sunday there was none of that. It was the same type of well fudge it type of attitude we have in the Europa.

That is the difference here.

Poch has done an amazing job motivating modern footballers. But is it possibly to motivate them in what they see as minor competitions while at the same time competing for the League.

Do players 25 and under care about the FA Cup? Its never been a big deal in their football watching lifetimes. Some of the grew up with Millennium Stadium finals not Wembley. They only recently put a stop to the FA final being on the same day as Premier League TV games. Remember in 2011 United won the League the same day City won the Cup.

Where it does have a value to players is when rivals come up against each. Its a huge advantage in the league to put one of on your rivals in the cup. Arsenal's 2007/08 league title challenge fell apart after they lost 4-0 to United. They went from 5 points clear at the top to losing the league by 5 points. I'm sure our win over Leicester in the Cup helped us in the League.

Its very easy to blame the players that came in. But look at Kane. He was barely in the game. Way less touches of the ball than he usually gets home or away. He completed something like 12 or 13 passes too. Wimmer had his poorest game so far. I dont think the likes of Bentaleb or Onomah did too much wrong. They werent the players expected to win the game for us.

I think you've just missed my point, that our sub-par performance was down to so many changes, not the individual players who came in.

As for Kane, he still managed some excellent hold-up play and three decent shots on target.

"but with Palace having most of the Park Lane"

eh?......how did that come about???

a bit of an own goal there!

Away allocation for FA Cup games is bigger than for PL games - up to 15%. Palace took all theirs, meaning the club had to make a bigger area available. Not sure why it was 32-36/37 (and the equivalent in Park Lane Upper) rather than the usual away section working eastwards but that must have been the best way to accommodate the numbers. It was certainly odd seeing our fans in the corner of Park Lane/West Stand.

Back