• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Great game, a little disappointed that we looked lost of ideas when they actually sat back. Alli had a great game and was unfortunate not to score.
Not sure about that as we continued to ping the ball to the wings and get in behind them on numerous occasions, just our final pass or finish let us down.

I hope he didn't turn it off.
Though, if he did, and was the turning point, let's forbid him from watching any more games!
I did turn it off after their goal, and spent some time raging before posting. Then I was going to close the app on my phone, and the game accidently came on again and we had just scored. I tried to turn it off again a couple of times, to see if would result in another goal for us, but it wasn't to be. Did get a red card for Liverpool though, one of the times I turned it off.

As much as our preparation has been disrupted, there has been some more time spent on the training ground when has been possible and things are beginning to take shape.

Now there are question marks about whether Dele,Winks, NDombele etc do have futures. I will also shout out to Sanchez who defended well again, and has done for most of the PL season despite the ridiculous vilification after that appalling Conference league performance from the whole team.

I like Royal, but I think if we had a more dynamic RWB we would really be cooking. I’d have Royal as a right sided CB, defensively he is really solid.

This was our first real test opposition wise in testing circumstances and we came out of it well all in all…..
Agree with that.
As for Royal, he looks the part and can cross the ball well but today his crossing was abysmal. Still a little suspect on positioning but hopefully that will come right in time.

I haven't enjoyed a Spurs game so much in a long time.
What a massive massive difference Conte has already made. We looked like a team, the runners were always where they should have been, the passes were quick and with purpose, we were even getting round the ref loads which for me is the sign of a team fighting for each other, believing again!
This is more or less the team that turned up expecting to lose a cup final, and we just went head to head with one of the best teams on the planet and are dissapointed with a draw, wouldn't have said that just one month ago, c'mon we're back baby!! :):cool:

Think it's the accidental thing again, may be wrong?
Thing is if his hand hadn't knocked it forward Lloris would not have lunged and palmed the ball away for them to score.

Have to agree, another nonsense rule change.

I think the rule is now that VAR only overturns if a handball directly assists or scores the goal.

Find it difficult to see how it didn't lead to their goal.

Utter nonsense from the refs.

Agree with that.
As for Royal, he looks the part and can cross the ball well but today his crossing was abysmal. Still a little suspect on positioning but hopefully that will come right in time.
Don’t like to be negative as I am happy overall but’ifnhe can’t cross or position himself defensively his main asset seems to be not being Doherty!

Good stuff from us and for me never in doubt that we are going places under Conte.

The only question is whether we can defy the odds and make 4th this season. To that end this is a good point but only if we see similar away from home, at exactly the type of places our games in hand are at.

We will need to win those type of away games if we are to end above the goons and manure. No more europe will help, although potentially around another 10 games in the domestic cups whilst squeezing in the PL games in hand. Going to be tough and the squad players will be needed to continue to step up like they did today. Plus some jan reinforcements would help.

Goons will be kicking themselves if they dont get 4th this season, playing once a week, no catch up games to squeeze in and constant easy draws in the domestic cups.

We have a chance but like I said we need to be winning those away games if we’re gona do it.

Back